WikiLeaks: Israel aimed to keep Gaza economy on brink of collapse

Bones

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2010
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...ep-gaza-economy-on-brink-of-collapse-1.335354

Israel told U.S. officials in 2008 it would keep Gaza's economy "on the brink of collapse" while avoiding a humanitarian crisis, according to U.S. diplomatic cables published by a Norwegian daily on Wednesday.

Three cables cited by the Aftenposten newspaper, which has said it has all 250,000 U.S. cables leaked to WikiLeaks, showed that Israel kept the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv briefed on its internationally criticized blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Well color me unsurprised.

The Palestinians need no help destroying anything

Bones, I think you might wish to look at Christianity to find loving treatment of ones stated foes who work to destroy them. At least they state to turn the other cheek if you are looking to be surprised. You shouldn't be surprised.

The Jews are Old Testament. Sorry to disappoint you. There's no other cheek there. The same thing with Islam. It also is not a turn the other cheek belief.

I have no doubt things are not easy there, but if the Hamas stopped spending their money for military infrastructure and spent some time on really working towards creating a Palestinian entity capable of administering to a fledgling new state then maybe they would get somewhere. They are far off from stopping killing their own even yet.

They are party and part to their welfare.

We needed WIKILEAKS to intuit this?

I don't think we did.

The systematic closing of the border pretty much assures that GAZA's economy is non existent.

Forum List

Back