Why you're not wealthy

In response to the myriad threads I'll just lump together and call 'evil rich people', I thought maybe we ought to change things up a bit and see if we can get some of the haters to change their thinking.

Why aren't you wealthy? Is it really because all these evil people are holding you down? Or is it because your mindset doesn't really allow for much in the way of wealth accumulation? I would contend it's the later.

I think I'm safe in saying most of us would like more money. But how many of you have made that a goal? How many of you are really working toward that goal by finding ways to increase your cash flow? I bet not many. This is what I mean when I say most people who have accumulated wealth look at money differently than the whiners. If the goal really is wealth accumulation (as oppossed to get a good job, get a good education etc.) then you need to look at all the options. And a simple truth is working hard is only one option and probably the least effective, non sensical of the bunch. Maybe if I work harder I'll make more money. But working harder means more of my time. What is the point of more money with less free time to use it? The wealthy figured this out and realize it's not about working hard for money it's about finding ways for money to work for you. It's not about working hard. It's about working smart.

The problem is we've all been duped. Most of us have grown thinking the way life is suppossed to go is get a good education, get a good job, etc. This bullshit about the rich wanting more and more and more is just that. It isn't just them that wants more. It's everyone. The only difference is they figured it out and other people haven't and the reason they figured it out is because they ditched the conventional wisdom about how life is suppossed to go.

I am wealthy. I dont have or make a lot of money but I have good friends and loving family so I have more than many of the "Richest" people out there.

As far as being duped you are right. We have the freedom to do what we want and that freedom is guaranteed, we do not have a guarantee that our life choices will make us into successful and financially rich people. And we shouldn't.

I agree. It matters when it matters and in this particular forum, it doesn't matter.
You don't understand the concept.

Yes. Actually I do.

What is not understandable is you. A forum is an exchange of ideas. A place where WHAT is said is the focus, rather than HOW it is said. And yet you can only focus on the HOW. The only reason I can gather that you decided to focus on me here is a history of disagreement on other topics. There isn't any other logical premise where someone would come to an exchange of ideas to focus on how something was said rather than what was said with someone whom he agrees with in principle rather than those he does not.
If you don't care enough to strive for perfection in EVERYTHING you do, when are you going to care as the chips fall?

You believe it's something you can turn on and off, and it's always going to be there when you try to turn it on. Newsflash: It doesn't work that way.

To your offhand point: A recall no other conversations with you. Wouldn't give a red rat's ass about them if I did. I "focused" on you because you are the OP of this thread, proposing to give us advice on attaining wealth, and the fact that you are the only other person replying to my posts. If others reply to me, I'll reply to them.

I have outlined how my wealth was attained at such a young age, citing examples of your sloppiness and carelessness here, as visual aids. I have shown you what worked for me, and why. And how.

What I didn't share was, my family was dirt poor all the way back to the colonies. There was ZERO accumulated wealth in my family when I was born. I had to MAKE my own toys if I wanted any. Had to wear RAGS to school, had to scrounge for shoes. When other kids my age were getting bicycles for Christmas, I was lucky if I was getting shoes. I wanted a bike at age 8, so what did I do? BUILT one out of discarded parts I hunted for, on foot! Then TAUGHT MYSELF to ride it!

Later when I wanted money for a car? I BUILT myself a lawn mower out of discarded parts and used borrowed tools! Mowed everyone's lawn for cheap. Worked my ass off.

Then when I got the car, I was able to find work sacking groceries and washing dishes. Got a break in radio by just BEING THERE, using spare time between work and HS to learn the business as an unpaid intern. Did the grocery sacking/stocking, then the midnight to 6am radio jock work, then went to high school, for three frigging years.

Paid my way through college WASHING TRUCKS, and found that business to be lucrative and stayed with it for a few years. Wound up being the Top Dog in a start-up company and making a butt load.

Then, I chucked it all and went out on my own as an industrial process consulting engineer. People paid me BIG BUCKS to streamline their processes. Everything I'd learned in life was put to good use, and after only ten years of that I had accumulated enough wealth to retire comfortably for the rest of my life.

And it all happened because I learned early two things: Self reliance and the relentless pursuit of perfection. Where did I get that "pursuit of perfection" advice? From a RICH OLD DUDE I was cutting trees for at age 15! I had the nerve to ASK him how he got so rich! It took me another five years at least to start applying what he told me, and another five years to see it starting to pay dividends. Which is exactly what I am telling you. I blew him off initially, just like you're blowing me off. But when I fully understood and fully applied the principle, IT WORKED!

You haven't the faintest CLUE how to attain wealth. You're NOBODY to be dispensing advice about it. I've given you a formula that WORKED WELL FOR ME AND THE RICH OLD DUDE. But it's a formula that has to be APPLIED TO EVERYTHING BIG AND ESPECIALLY THE SMALL STUFF in order for it to become second nature and habitual. I speak from the experience of trying it your way, then 25 years of the right way.

THE SMALL STUFF IS ALL-IMPORTANT. For real.

You don't understand the concept.

Yes. Actually I do.

What is not understandable is you. A forum is an exchange of ideas. A place where WHAT is said is the focus, rather than HOW it is said. And yet you can only focus on the HOW. The only reason I can gather that you decided to focus on me here is a history of disagreement on other topics. There isn't any other logical premise where someone would come to an exchange of ideas to focus on how something was said rather than what was said with someone whom he agrees with in principle rather than those he does not.
If you don't care enough to strive for perfection in EVERYTHING you do, when are you going to care as the chips fall?

You believe it's something you can turn on and off, and it's always going to be there when you try to turn it on. Newsflash: It doesn't work that way.

To your offhand point: A recall no other conversations with you. Wouldn't give a red rat's ass about them if I did. I "focused" on you because you are the OP of this thread, proposing to give us advice on attaining wealth, and the fact that you are the only other person replying to my posts. If others reply to me, I'll reply to them.

I have outlined how my wealth was attained at such a young age, citing examples of your sloppiness and carelessness here, as visual aids. I have shown you what worked for me, and why. And how.

What I didn't share was, my family was dirt poor all the way back to the colonies. There was ZERO accumulated wealth in my family when I was born. I had to MAKE my own toys if I wanted any. Had to wear RAGS to school, had to scrounge for shoes. When other kids my age were getting bicycles for Christmas, I was lucky if I was getting shoes. I wanted a bike at age 8, so what did I do? BUILT one out of discarded parts I hunted for, on foot! Then TAUGHT MYSELF to ride it!

Later when I wanted money for a car? I BUILT myself a lawn mower out of discarded parts and used borrowed tools! Mowed everyone's lawn for cheap. Worked my ass off.

Then when I got the car, I was able to find work sacking groceries and washing dishes. Got a break in radio by just BEING THERE, using spare time between work and HS to learn the business as an unpaid intern. Did the grocery sacking/stocking, then the midnight to 6am radio jock work, then went to high school, for three frigging years.

Paid my way through college WASHING TRUCKS, and found that business to be lucrative and stayed with it for a few years. Wound up being the Top Dog in a start-up company and making a butt load.

Then, I chucked it all and went out on my own as an industrial process consulting engineer. People paid me BIG BUCKS to streamline their processes. Everything I'd learned in life was put to good use, and after only ten years of that I had accumulated enough wealth to retire comfortably for the rest of my life.

And it all happened because I learned early two things: Self reliance and the relentless pursuit of perfection. Where did I get that "pursuit of perfection" advice? From a RICH OLD DUDE I was cutting trees for at age 15! I had the nerve to ASK him how he got so rich! It took me another five years at least to start applying what he told me, and another five years to see it starting to pay dividends. Which is exactly what I am telling you. I blew him off initially, just like you're blowing me off. But when I fully understood and fully applied the principle, IT WORKED!

You haven't the faintest CLUE how to attain wealth. You're NOBODY to be dispensing advice about it. I've given you a formula that WORKED WELL FOR ME AND THE RICH OLD DUDE. But it's a formula that has to be APPLIED TO EVERYTHING BIG AND ESPECIALLY THE SMALL STUFF in order for it to become second nature and habitual. I speak from the experience of trying it your way, then 25 years of the right way.

THE SMALL STUFF IS ALL-IMPORTANT. For real.

See this is where reading what was written instead of focusing on spelling would have come in handy for you. Cause had you actually read WHAT I wrote, you would have seen I didn't just dream up my ideas about wealth accumulation. I hate to have to repeat what I wrote almost verbatim many pages ago, but this isn't really my advice at all. It comes from people not too dissimilar from you that have written about the subject. You are far too busy being a pompous ass for the sake of being a pompous ass to acknowledge that we agree on the idea of this thread. You don't know me well enough to know what 'my way' is. Just because I don't give two shits about what YOU think my about writing habits, doesn't mean I don't give it the attention to detail it deserves WHEN it deserves it.

As to the spellng issue I am smart enough to know when it matters. Like in gradutating from college, obtaining my masters, applying for jobs and doing my job. You can say it matters all the time if you want. The fact is where you are concerned, in this conversation, it doesn't. If you aren't smart enough to know when it matters such that you figure it's best to just do it all the time, just to be safe, the greater likelihood is that you're simply inefficient.

The pursuit of perfection is NOT the road to wealth. It is the road to whatever you are trying to be perfect at. Whatever 'that' is may or may not be conducive to wealth accumulation.

Last edited:
As to the spellng issue I am smart enough to know when it matters. Like in gradutating from college, obtaining my masters, applying for jobs and doing my job. You can say it matters all the time if you want. The fact is where you are concerned, in this conversation, it doesn't. If you aren't smart enough to know when it matters such that you figure it's best to just do it all the time, just to be safe, the greater likelihood is that you're simply inefficient.

The pursuit of perfection is NOT the road to wealth. It is the road to whatever you are trying to be perfect at. Whatever 'that' is may or may not be conducive to wealth accumulation.
I can see now that you're just a egghead. And a thin-skinned one at that. And you're a sloppy, careless clod. AND, because of all of this, you'll still be working at age 65.:lol::lol:

I can see now that you're just a egghead. And a thin-skinned one at that. And you're a sloppy, careless clod. AND, because of all of this, you'll still be working at age 65.:lol::lol:

I don't know what's sadder really. Me typing too fast or a 47 year old with no real thoughts who hangs out on message boards waiting to point out spelling errors.

I repeat, you don't know me or how I do anything. You have your way, I have mine. You feel you need to be perfect all the time (and knowing perfectionists I'm sure you're a fucking hoot to be around). I make it a priority when it matters, and you don't matter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back