Why would you vote for Obama/McCain?

Most important leadership quality?

• Strong on defense. Protecting the country.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Strong on the environment. Protects trees and flies while people suffer.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Strong on economics. Tax the rich give to the poor.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Strong on univesal health care. Provide substandard health care to everyone except the politicains.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Strong communicator. Can electrify a crowd with one-liners.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strong political experience. Knows how to work the system.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strong on energy independents. Support our ecomony first not foreign country.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Strong on being Strong. No girlly man as the leader of the greatest country on earth.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
I would dearly LOVE to see the Republican party return to the principles of conservatism.

I would dearly LOVE to the the Democratic party return to the principles of egalitarianism, too.

Fat fucking chance of that happening, though.

These guys are both going to be managed by insiders. No matter who wins, we loose.

Obama’s Security Advisors, for example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPNBJeXirI]YouTube - Obama team: Is this change we can believe in?[/ame]

McCain’s Guys:

Wonk Room John McCain’s War Cabinet

Presidents hardly make decisions. Advisers make decisions. Working groups; think tanks; national committees. Anyone remember a thing called PNAC?

The United States is essentially taking all the same steps as the nations of Europe did as they inched their way towards their current union. It started with trade agreements, and meta-national working groups. Who makes up these groups? It’s very hard to find out. Even Parliamentarians in Europe have trouble getting that kind of information. Yet, these groups are responsible for the construction of rules and courts that decide disputes that per treaties, all the nations have agreed upon.

The net result, is that the rules of these groups, are effectively signed into law, and they trump local laws on things like the environment, labor laws, etc. If it is determined the local laws have harmed the business’s ABILITY to make money, they can sue in these meta-courts. They can, they have, and they win. And more often than not, the victims – who suffer tragedies like villages left with polluted water by oil companies, together with massive illness – are blocked from taking their cases to court anyplace they might actually stand to win. Not long ago, I had a chance to meet and talk with a man who works with an NGO to teach other countries how to organize economically to avoid these deadly entanglements and dependencies. His company gathers data for the UN, and presents reports on the impact of global financial policies on local populations and economies.

He was very clear that local laws are regularly overrun by these contract stipulations, and in this way, the voice of the people in the form of a vote, is rendered symbolic. What is occurring, is a form of silent, modern global coup. You are now a commodity. If your need to not be poisoned costs a company money, they can sue you. You are no longer a human being.

Is either candidate going to take on these issues? I doubt it. I haven’t heard a word from either one, outside of Obama’s half-hearted jabs at NAFTA. But is that what he really thinks? Or can he jettison principles as readily as pastors in the name of winning patriotic votes?

That Canadian memo about what Obama really thinks about NAFTA. - By Bonnie Goldstein - Slate Magazine (his true thoughts on NAFTA)

ZNet - Obama?s Money Cartel (banks love him, too)

Ya. I just don’t see him standing up to the little guy. And McCain straight up says “I don’t know nuthin’ ‘bout no ekernomiks.” So, another working group, assuredly as nuts as his ‘war cabinet’

McCain economic policy shaped by lobbyist - Countdown with Keith Olbermann - MSNBC.com

Now, before the inevitable attacking of sources, please try to understand, I’m going after both candidates here. It’s harder to get anti-establishment type articles from the Right Wing press, because that’s just not who they are. It’s kind of antithetical; unless you’re talking Ron Paul, or someone else who thinks Conservatives really aren’t. So I grabbed articles more from the left, and some from the radical left, which is where you seem to have to go to get anti-establishment critiques (i.e., anti-globalist) of ANY candidates.

But can you try to just attack the information?

Do you now also feel like we are being given two arrangements of the same basic agenda, and what we are choosing is really more a matter of how we progress, rather than into what?

zapatista - Google Video

****This is a link to a 45 minute film about the Zapatista of Mexico. They are the indigenous Mayans of the Yucatan, Chiapas, who went into armed resistance the day NAFTA was signed into law. If you want to see what it has done to one people, and to see their incredible, humbling struggle to resist and maintain their humanity, then watch it. It will break your heart, and it will make you mad. I hope. My entrance into this study came by meeting a woman from Chiapas, who told me about the violence that is regularly done to her people. It made my weep as I listened to her stories. And it made me angry that my government, is helping to destroy them.

Last edited:
Tancredo (racist) and Paul (whack job) good conservatives??

PUH-LEASE :rolleyes:

Why don't you set us straight then. Tell us why McCain is a real conservative, but Tancredo and Paul are not. I'm just dying to be enlightened.

Btw DiamondDave, I'm not sure how you get "racist" in regards to Tancredo. Unless you equate wanting a secure border with being the second coming of Hitler.

I suppose you would rather let the illegals pour in with suitcases full of nukes, eh?

That's real conservative of you.

JimH52: Can I vote for none of the above?

Sure, as long as you don't leave any hanging chads. There are some days I wish Al "the carbonator" Gore was elected. Then he wouldn't have time to blow his hot air about global warming.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back