Why would anyone claim the Iraq war was a success ?

No one cares toxic. Try focusing on issues that matter today. History will judge Iraq properly despite your thoughts.
Don't want to talk about the benchmarks that the Iraq war supporters put in place? At least you could admit that the Bush admin failed to meet it's own objectives and dumped the whole mess in Obama's lap.

That's an issue that matters today....right?

Uhh... what happened under GWB was the continuation of hostilities as a result of violations of the terms of cease fire... it was the same conflict... unfortunately the pussy UN and our pussy leadership at the time, did not allow us to finish the job properly the first time around, else the whole second part of the conflict would not have been needed

The continuation under false pretenses.

Even 1 violation of the cease fire justified continuation of action... there were NUMEROUS violations along the way.... sorry Charlie... whether you want to focus only on partially faulty intel on WoMD is your choice... but there were validated violations continually over the years

Not according to the UN.

There was no Iraq war, only the Iraq invasion and the Iraq invasion was illegal under international law.

CRY CRY CRY the war is just about over. Get over it. Why not bitch about Obamas broken promise to end it?

No one fucking cares but you lefties. We ass raped that fuckhead. Let it be a warning to all those middle east nutjobs

CRY CRY CRY the war is just about over. Get over it. Why not bitch about Obamas broken promise to end it?

No one fucking cares but you lefties. We ass raped that fuckhead. Let it be a warning to all those middle east nutjobs
Now there you have a point. People cry about too much these days. Like how Tea Partiers spent the last two weeks crying at full volume because somebody said they were holding the country hostage like terrorists. Some people have really thin skin.

Seriously? You win today's prize.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSnSFLquVU]Greatest Come Back Ever - YouTube[/ame]

Because Iraq no longer poses a threat to anyone and saddam is dead.

/thread

It never posed a threat to anyone, least of all the U.S., and now it poses a threat to itself.
History and the State Department's current travel warning to Iraq do not agree with you.

The 5 worst crimes of Saddam Hussein

FBI Report on Hussein Part I, pp 1-94

FBI Report on Hussein Part II, pp 95 - 132

US Department of State Travel Warning to Iraq, 4/12/2011

Because Iraq no longer poses a threat to anyone and saddam is dead.

/thread

It never posed a threat to anyone, least of all the U.S., and now it poses a threat to itself.
History and the State Department's current travel warning to Iraq do not agree with you.

The government doesn't agree with me? Well there's a shocker.

In all seriousness though, we all know that Saddam was a bad guy. I don't think anybody disputes that. The point is that he was not a threat to the United States, was not the next Hitler, and had no WMD's. This was all war propaganda, and we all know it.

In all seriousness though, we all know that Saddam was a bad guy. I don't think anybody disputes that. The point is that he was not a threat to the United States, was not the next Hitler, and had no WMD's. This was all war propaganda, and we all know it.

And we targeted him for death and every terrorist loving leader in the middle east knows it.

And we targeted him for death and every terrorist loving leader in the middle east knows it.

Not a big fan of law and order are ya Gramps?

Just because he was a bad guy doesn't mean we had any right to remove him.

Interventionalists think it's our responsibility to police the world. Like a big brother, with a football letterman's jacket on...square jawed....like Sean Hannity....putting a boot in the ass of the terrorists!....ahhh......aren't we great!

Interventionalists think it's our responsibility to police the world. Like a big brother, with a football letterman's jacket on...square jawed....like Sean Hannity....putting a boot in the ass of the terrorists!....ahhh......aren't we great!

And then expect us to balance the budget in the process.

But wars don't cost nothin!...it's all that Obama welfare and teachers that make us broke.

Oh no, you misunderstand. The neo-cons don't mind going into debt as long as the wealthy and corporations are the beneficiaries.

They just don't like to help poor people.

But wars don't cost nothin!...it's all that Obama welfare and teachers that make us broke.

Right, but actually they probably could balance the budget with the wars since they don't put them on the budget.

Forum List

Back