Why would anyone claim the Iraq war was a success ?

Bullshit.

1- Saddam was a Sunni ; he was tried entirely by shiites

2- NBC News requested the ACTUAL TRIAL TRANSCRIPTS they were REFUSED - what you provided are BULLSHIT SUMMARIES

3- Cimes against humanity are tried in the ICJ at the Hague;

4- War Criminal Bush II wanted to silence Saddam so he ordered him summarily executed without the benefit of a fair trial.

That is not how the trial went. I followed the trial every day on the news.
BULLSHIT - PART DEUX

Showtrial in Baghdad

by Eric Margolis

Saddam Hussein's trial in Baghdad has become a circus. The presiding judge refuses to return to court, and defense lawyers have been murdered.

What to make of this spectacle? Emotionally, it's good to see the tyrant who terrorized so many on trial for his life. But morally and legally, Saddam's trial is a travesty of justice. This is an old-fashioned Soviet-style show trial set up by U.S. occupation authorities.

Its goal is not to determine Saddam's guilt or innocence, but to justify the U.S. invasion of Iraq — which, by the way, was a blatant violation of international law.

The court lacks any legal basis, being created by the puppet regime installed by the U.S. after the invasion.

Saddam has no proper legal defense. Witnesses remain secret and beyond cross-examination. Defense witnesses risk murder by Shia hit squads.

Pre-trial publicity — the vast propaganda campaign by the U.S. to demonize Saddam — and Iraqi TV programs (controlled by U.S. authorities) about Saddam's alleged crimes, would trigger a mistrial in any proper legal system.

In short, a kangaroo court, designed to find Saddam guilty and probably order his execution.

Showtrial in Baghdad by Eric Margolis
So conspiracy theories push all your touchy-feely buttons.

Ya ya ya yah, ya ya yah ya hey heyeh hey hey hey!

:rolleyes:

Just because he was a bad guy doesn't mean we had any right to remove him.
Sorry you think that. Saddam Hussein was removed by resolution of the UN. Next time I go to the hours of doing your homework so you will not speak wrongfully, read it.

You're now speaking based on what nobody knows but those who followed my link to the Library of Congress careful documentation of the trial of Saddam Hussein.

I know you're dying to hang this around a former President's neck, but the facts are against you and in his corner.

Saddam Hussein's henchmen assassinated the first judge who was to have tried him. Most of them have also been tried and sentenced to death in the 8,000-year-old Mesopotamian court who was fed up with 25 years of Saddam Hussein's use of gas against Iraqi citizens, point-blank murders of the Iraqi parliament members who didn't kiss his rotten ass.

Since you must have been preoccupied with other matters when these things went down, you now have the opportunity to stand corrected of your errors or join the big liar's club around here.

I don't give a damn which you pick.

Actually Saddam was removed by the U.S. troops that invaded Iraq.
Actually, according to what Centcom was reporting, it was more like a 40-nation Coalition and more nations than that when all was said and done. I did my homework sir. You didn't and your memory is not helping you.

Of course it was a success for conservatives.

Lots of people died.

Sheesh..thought that was apparent.

You naughty little boy of selected memory.

Lots of those poor, innocent, sweet little terrorists Saddam set up in training schools after he Jumbojetted 12 planes full of 'em from Kabul were the targets and the recipients of our quite accurate fire.

And how often were you following the daily news at Centcom?

Oh, wait!!! Doh-me!!! You relied on the cushy-feely "eeeew, lots of people died on account of that mean old Dick Cheney and George Bush, eeeeew, eeeeeeeeeew!!!" When will I ever learn the wonderful working minds of the libbie press???

Whhheeeeee, it's a fun new story, and the bad guy is that mean old, mean old, meeeeeeeean old American President!!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of course it was a success for conservatives.

Lots of people died.

Sheesh..thought that was apparent.

You naughty little boy of selected memory.

Lots of those poor, innocent, sweet little terrorists Saddam set up in training schools after he Jumbojetted 12 planes full of 'em from Kabul were the targets and the recipients of our quite accurate fire.

And how often were you following the daily news at Centcom?

Oh, wait!!! Doh-me!!! You relied on the cushy-feely "eeeew, lots of people died on account of that mean old Dick Cheney and George Bush, eeeeew, eeeeeeeeeew!!!" When will I ever learn the wonderful working minds of the libbie press???

Whhheeeeee, it's a fun new story, and the bad guy is that mean old, mean old, meeeeeeeean old American President!!!! :rolleyes:

Most of the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia with some from Lebanon, UAE..and Egypt.

Not one Iraqi.

And those planes were set up to teach Iraqi police how to deal with hijacked jets on the ground.

Sorry you think that. Saddam Hussein was removed by resolution of the UN. Next time I go to the hours of doing your homework so you will not speak wrongfully, read it.

You're now speaking based on what nobody knows but those who followed my link to the Library of Congress careful documentation of the trial of Saddam Hussein.

I know you're dying to hang this around a former President's neck, but the facts are against you and in his corner.

Saddam Hussein's henchmen assassinated the first judge who was to have tried him. Most of them have also been tried and sentenced to death in the 8,000-year-old Mesopotamian court who was fed up with 25 years of Saddam Hussein's use of gas against Iraqi citizens, point-blank murders of the Iraqi parliament members who didn't kiss his rotten ass.

Since you must have been preoccupied with other matters when these things went down, you now have the opportunity to stand corrected of your errors or join the big liar's club around here.

I don't give a damn which you pick.

Actually Saddam was removed by the U.S. troops that invaded Iraq.
Actually, according to what Centcom was reporting, it was more like a 40-nation Coalition and more nations than that when all was said and done. I did my homework sir. You didn't and your memory is not helping you.

If the U.S. had not invaded Iraq would Saddam have been removed from power? No.

Continuation of action wasn't justified because action in the first place wasn't justified. Nor was destroying their sewage system or imposing sanctions that killed innocent civilians and children.

Yes... it was legally justified... it was morally justified... and there are no convictions nor charges nor anything else except for idiotic statements by conspiracy theorists and wingers that says otherwise... and to keep with that bullshit assertions insults me and every other vet during that time who did everything they could in that effort

Actually it doesn't, but if you want to be offended then you can feel free. It's never morally justified to kill innocent civilians. It's called murder.

Show one order where civilians were targeted...

collateral damage, no matter how much we try to avoid it, is part of war... if you sit and wait for the perfect time and perfect set of circumstances that will ensure zero collateral damage (which trust me, can never truly be), you will have enemies just doing what they please, whenever they please....

Yes... it was legally justified... it was morally justified... and there are no convictions nor charges nor anything else except for idiotic statements by conspiracy theorists and wingers that says otherwise... and to keep with that bullshit assertions insults me and every other vet during that time who did everything they could in that effort

Actually it doesn't, but if you want to be offended then you can feel free. It's never morally justified to kill innocent civilians. It's called murder.

Show one order where civilians were targeted...

collateral damage, no matter how much we try to avoid it, is part of war... if you sit and wait for the perfect time and perfect set of circumstances that will ensure zero collateral damage (which trust me, can never truly be), you will have enemies just doing what they please, whenever they please....

I didn't say civilians were targeted, I said they were murdered. If it's impossible not to murder civilians then maybe it's time we reconsider what we're doing.

Forum List

Back