Why we're screwed no matter what with the debt.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Liberty, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Option 1: Keep spending

Consequences: International Credit Rating will drop, dollar will weaken, standard of living will decrease, riots will ensue.

Option 2: Make serious cuts to spending.

Consequences: Those with entitlement mentality will riot like what happened in England as standard of living decreases.

Personal Option 1: Live within your own means and be free despite standard of living decrease.

Personal Option 2: Be the slave of the government, accept their handouts, accept their "charity", and don't be free.

This is serious shit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Are there any other options?

3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Get read for shit to hit the fan is my option. I hope for the best, expect things to be good, but perpare for the worst.

Got my hunting rifles and lots of ammo, need to get a personal defense pistol next.

My food pantry is stocked, I can eat without having to go to the store or without having to hunt/gather/garden for a month or two.

Buy non-perishable commodities like extra clothing, jeans boots ect so that you dont have to pay more later with inflation and so you have useable goods to barter in case things just go way crazier than I think they will.

yeah yeah yeah i'm crazy an all that because I'm preparing and prepared for the worst case scenario.......just because im prepared doesn't mean i think i'm actually going to need this stuff, it just means if shit goes bad at least my close friends and family have someone who prepared to help us survive it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    End the Federal Reserve's printing of money that causes our inflation and eventual destruction of the dollar.

I don't recall voting for the destruction of our economy.

5. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    nah man, people like you are the people that others will be begging for help from.

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Ww are certainly on a economic path that leads to insolvency for most Americans and our governments, without doubt.

And there are no minor tinkers in the tax codes or spending that are really going to solve that problem, either.

It truly is time to rewrite the social contract but there's nowhere near the policitical will to do so. Our solutions would habve to be as radical (but nothing like) the radical nature of the original founding fathers. It would demand that we change the basical theories that this society accepts as fundamental.

We'll have to wait, I suppose, until things are so bad for so many Americans that they cease their assinine partisanship and start thinking about the ENTIRE nation, rather than their special interests.

And far as I can tell there's no chance that is going to happen in time to prevent the economic shitstorm that most of you sense (and I think correctly) is about to befall this nation.

Be prepared if you can.

Most of you, myself included, don't remotely have the resources to prepare for I think is about to happen.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784

Good Post Ed.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Unfortunately there are loads of folks out there who can't see the writing on the wall.

A chicken little situation this ain't.

8. expat_panama

expat_panama Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +253
    We've been through much worse than this. At the end of WWII there were lots of smart people who had no idea how we'd ever bring down a debt burden far worse than what we got now.
    [​IMG]
    The solution was just everyone getting on with their lives and prospering.

9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    But don't forget the unfunded liabilities......about 162 TRILLION DOLLARS worth....

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,203
    There is one way, we get people out of the entitlement mentality. First ourselves, to whatever degree we are. and then others. we have to teach our children correctly. we have to reach out and teach people personal responsibility.