why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

`
`

I have no problem with the Electoral College and neither did the democrats, until Hillary got beat.
Do you not remember Bush's victory? A Republican has not won the Presidency with the popular vote for quite some time.

2004 was sooooooooooo long ago! With Ohbummer in office in the middle, it was not that long since we only have elections every 4

Idiot!
Don't like it? Change your state laws or move to Nebraska or Maine.
State law has nothing to do with it but states' rights have everything to do with it. Most of the arguments against the EC are founded on complete ignorance of American history and specifically why states agreed to join the union.

State laws determine how electoral votes are won by the candidates. Nebraska and Maine use Congressional district winners to award their electoral votes. The popular vote winner gets 2 votes and the winner in each district can get the others.
I was talking about 2000. You are the idiot.

In 2004, George W Bush beat Kerry with wins in the Electoral College and the popular vote. Had Kerry won Ohio, he would have been President and Dems would have never complained about the EC again!
Bush would not have been involved in this election if he had not won 2000 because of the electoral college. Is this so hard for you to understand>

So, your idea is to blame me when you screwed up? Typical lib!

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

If ever there was an argument for the Electoral College... this may be it.
We are more productive than most of those states. We are also diverse and accepting.
We are not affected by trumps racism, we have illegals who are decent people that came here to better their lives. Leave us alone.
The rest of the country is leaving you assholes alone. Check out the stats on the number of businesses/people AKA$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!! leaving your shithole.
Whenever the subject of the EC is brought up a good question is: What do you think the people in the small states would think if the EC was removed?

I live here, we make more than most states....We drive expensive cars....we live in perfect weather and we are enjoying our lives. We don't hate on nobody and we don't car what a miserable racist red neck think of us. :)

When you say "we" are you referring to the high iQ tech folks of Silicon Valley, the wack-jobs of Hollyweird and a few others that make the spread sheet look good?
It doesn't matter how many times you make your retarded proclamation...it won't become truth or fact....everyone knows that Mexifornia is full of low iQ, disgusting Mexicans...that's why it's become such a shithole on paper and otherwise. A Mexifornia without all the filthy wetbacks is a nicer, safer, more productive CALIFORNIA....this isn't an opinion, the data proves it...Here are some of those things you hate...FACTS!

CA=12% of the nations population...33% of the nations welfare recipients
CA=20.6% of residents live in poverty, the highest rate in the nation
CA=Home to more illegals than any other state...coincidence?
CA=Crime rates off the charts
CA=Home to more incarcerated than any other state
Any questions?
Mexicans are some of the hardest working people. Family oriented and respectful....are there bad apples? Yes just like any other race. Now that I made it clear....i haven' come across a racist and o don't wanna talk to one here....you are just a piece of shit racist prick.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

We are more productive than most of those states. We are also diverse and accepting.
We are not affected by trumps racism, we have illegals who are decent people that came here to better their lives. Leave us alone.
The rest of the country is leaving you assholes alone. Check out the stats on the number of businesses/people AKA$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!! leaving your shithole.
Whenever the subject of the EC is brought up a good question is: What do you think the people in the small states would think if the EC was removed?

I live here, we make more than most states....We drive expensive cars....we live in perfect weather and we are enjoying our lives. We don't hate on nobody and we don't car what a miserable racist red neck think of us. :)

When you say "we" are you referring to the high iQ tech folks of Silicon Valley, the wack-jobs of Hollyweird and a few others that make the spread sheet look good?
It doesn't matter how many times you make your retarded proclamation...it won't become truth or fact....everyone knows that Mexifornia is full of low iQ, disgusting Mexicans...that's why it's become such a shithole on paper and otherwise. A Mexifornia without all the filthy wetbacks is a nicer, safer, more productive CALIFORNIA....this isn't an opinion, the data proves it...Here are some of those things you hate...FACTS!

Any questions?
Mexicans are some of the hardest working people. Family oriented and respectful....are there bad apples? Yes just like any other race. Now that I made it clear....i haven' come across a racist and o don't wanna talk to one here....you are just a piece of shit racist prick.

Great, and if you're illegal, perhaps you should go home.

Any questions?

Nah legal and make more money than your entire trailer park family.

Any questions?

No kidding, welfare raised their rates.

Last edited:

Any questions?

No kidding, welfare raised there rates.
"Their" and I'm just an illegal lol. And english is not my mother tongue.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

Any questions?
Why don't you let the illegals share your mommy's basement with you?
Permanent Ignore asshole!

The
`
`

I have no problem with the Electoral College and neither did the democrats, until Hillary got beat.
Democratic winning presidents have always won the popular vote along with winning the electoral college....

The Republican presidents as of late, not so much...and that's when it's the issue...when a president doesn't even come close to winning the popular vote of the people yet wins the presidency through the electoral college only...and not by its citizen's choice too or even close to its citizen's choice too....

And it makes sense for there to be discontent among citizens, when that happens....imo
Great. This is a republic, not a democracy. Not sure why you advocate for mob rule.

Do you know what the long term consequences Are?

Take the time from your disappointment from last November and consider it.

Still have no clue how a person that claims to follow Christ could possibly vote for the Clintons.
We are a democratic Republic, which does not mean we allow the minority rule over the majority, but that we give the minority a shot, to be heard.

Only a PURE Democracy allows the majority to always win, and the people vote on every issue to decide....

THERE ARE NO pure democracies anywhere in the whole world....

But there are lots of different kinds of Democracies among all the Nation's in the world that are not PURE Democracies and the USA is one of them.

Also all 50 state govts are Democracies
I have rarely seen anything as intrinsically worthless as the post above. All democracies today, with very few exceptions, are led by minority parties, relying instead on coalitions.

The entire point is that the US is no worse than the European parliamentary system where a party with as little as 20% of the electorate can elect a prime minister.

A majority coalition is a majority. Registered Republicans in this country constitute a minority.

Enough already, the founding fathers voiced their concerns and fears long ago, the system is just, works, and nothing has changed other than politics as usual.

The founders were so wrong about so many aspects of voting that it is nonsensical to award them any special credit for some sort of special expertise when it comes to electing a president.

Keep in mind, a good many of the RW nuts around here who zealously support the electoral college are also the ones who think that

1. only taxpayers should vote
2. voting is not a right
3. only property owners should vote
4. the PEOPLE of the individual states should not be allowed to elect their Senators - the legislatures should

...IOW don't take these people seriously, their heads are trash cans full of bad, undemocratic ideas.

The Founding Fathers recognized that The People were idiots, and could be swayed by charlatans - this even when only white male property owners could vote. With children (18-21) and women voting, and with no attempt whatsoever to exclude illiterates, morons, and Liberals, their recognition is even more important today.

NO SIGNIFICANT DECISIONS under our Constitution are made by majority vote. The People vote for representatives, and those representatives make the significant decisions. Note that the common practice of casting all electoral votes for the individual who wins the "popular vote" in each state is nowhere in the Constitution, and could be changed relatively easily with a little push from our honest politicians.

While Leftists bemoan the practice of "Gerry-mandering," the real problem for Leftists at the polls is that they tend to congregate in urban areas, and dominate those areas with majorities of 75% or more. In "minority" neighborhoods, polling often approaches (and exceeds) 100% Democrat. Hence, it is easy for people laying out district boundaries to group them all together, and ultimately for a minority of overall voters to win a majority of the available seats. This is what we have in my home state of Pennsylvania.

Thank God.

The statement about Los Angeles county in the OP could also be stated for Greater NYC. So what? Look at who they put in office. Idiots.

The Founding Fathers recognized that The People were idiots, and could be swayed by charlatans - this even when only white male property owners could vote. With children (18-21) and women voting, and with no attempt whatsoever to exclude illiterates, morons, and Liberals, their recognition is even more important today.

NO SIGNIFICANT DECISIONS under our Constitution are made by majority vote. The People vote for representatives, and those representatives make the significant decisions. Note that the common practice of casting all electoral votes for the individual who wins the "popular vote" in each state is nowhere in the Constitution, and could be changed relatively easily with a little push from our honest politicians.

While Leftists bemoan the practice of "Gerry-mandering," the real problem for Leftists at the polls is that they tend to congregate in urban areas, and dominate those areas with majorities of 75% or more. In "minority" neighborhoods, polling often approaches (and exceeds) 100% Democrat. Hence, it is easy for people laying out district boundaries to group them all together, and ultimately for a minority of overall voters to win a majority of the available seats. This is what we have in my home state of Pennsylvania.

Thank God.

The statement about Los Angeles county in the OP could also be stated for Greater NYC. So what? Look at who they put in office. Idiots.
The lefts complain about gerrymandering, but just look at Illinois 4th (Luis Gutierrez's District!) Often called the worst case of gerrymandering in the country.

A majority coalition is a majority. Registered Republicans in this country constitute a minority.
You've got a tautology followed by a non-sequitur. WTF?

Is a coalition of the majority of a legislative body not a majority? Where did you go to school?
A majority of anything is a majority, that's a tautology FFS! I have no idea what you wanted to say about registered Republicans being a minority. Perhaps if I had had the advantages of your inner-city public education would I be able to understand your brilliant point.

You've got a tautology followed by a non-sequitur. WTF?

Is a coalition of the majority of a legislative body not a majority? Where did you go to school?
A majority of anything is a majority, that's a tautology FFS! I have no idea what you wanted to say about registered Republicans being a minority. Perhaps if I had had the advantages of your inner-city public education would I be able to understand your brilliant point.

It's because you said this:

All democracies today, with very few exceptions, are led by minority parties, relying instead on coalitions.

The entire point is that the US is no worse than the European parliamentary system where a party with as little as 20% of the electorate can elect a prime minister.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

Any questions?

The southern Cockroaches (Mexicans) make up 42% of Mexifornia's prison population, 4 in 10 are on the government tit (welfare), the roaches lead the state in abortions performed per capita, they lead far and away in teen pregnancies, they're barely second to Blacks in school dropout rate...I could go on and on....You must be super lucky, despite all the data and facts you somehow only know and acknowledge the "pillars" of the community...haha....OR maybe you just need to pull your head out of your ass and get in touch with reality.

If an electoral college method of doing elections is the best way to do them,

then 99.9% of the elections held in this country are doing them a worse way.

Any questions?
They have their own places....but white trash like you are the majority of the homeless in LA, also most of the beggars are white.

Any questions?
They have their own places....but white trash like you are the majority of the homeless in LA, also most of the beggars are white.

Haha..."have their own places" haha
Beaners will pack on top of each other just like cockroaches do...and you're right, there is way too much filthy white trash as well. We need to stop rolling out the red carpet and spending on illegal Mexicans and get our REAL Americans off the streets.....isn't that right?

Forum List

Back