Why We Must Raise Taxes On The Rich:

how about instead of being a bitch and wanting to cut libs favorite subsidies we cut all corporate welfare , oil coal , any and all . let them make it by their own strength .
don't pay a farmer for not growing , offshore business tax,and more , tariffs .

pay for your own kids education .

Cut the whole fucking bunch, I'm good with that.

And, I will pay for what I want - including education - you pay for yourself, I'll pay for me. Minimum taxes to cover essential, Constitutional, services only. Nothing else. No welfare, no bullshit programs, no 'special interests'.

What would produce a huge cry for Tax Reform would be a law that prohibits companies from automatically deducting taxes from paychecks, and forcing employees to write the Gubmint a check every month...

how about instead of being a bitch and wanting to cut libs favorite subsidies we cut all corporate welfare , oil coal , any and all . let them make it by their own strength .
don't pay a farmer for not growing , offshore business tax,and more , tariffs .

pay for your own kids education .

Cut the whole fucking bunch, I'm good with that.

And, I will pay for what I want - including education - you pay for yourself, I'll pay for me. Minimum taxes to cover essential, Constitutional, services only. Nothing else. No welfare, no bullshit programs, no 'special interests'.

THat's how it used to be. And that's what made this country great. People had to fend for themselves. When immigrants came here they had to assimilate, learn the language, work hard, contribute. and in the process better themselves and the country. We were the great melting pot, not the great accomodator.

Raising income taxes on the rich is a no-brainer. However, the Corporate rates need to be competitive with the world economy norms.

That said, we need to stop off-shore tax shelters. If the rich move their wealth to Switzerland or Belize they pay no taxes. Did we ever get Marc Rich's back taxes? He moved to Israel and lives well.

We need to manage global wealth to be sure that when the coxuckers move factories overseas that they pay a price, and when they create jobs here in the US they get tax breaks.

Taxing the "rich" will not come close to reducing the deficit. It will play to the liberals and that will guarantee votes in 2012.

"According to the Congressional Budget Office, over the next 10 years the Obama budget will produce a deficit of $10.900 billion, or 5.3% of GDP on average.

According to the left's own calculations and as reported by the New York Times, Obama's plan to raise taxes on the rich will generate $700 billion in additional revenue over the next decade, or just a pathetic 0.3% of GDP."

If you taxed the "rich" at 100% from the 90's when the economy was good, you would gain about 1.5 trillion. Subtract that from the 14+ deficit we currently have and you will see that it will not help.
Again, wealth envy is a hugh voting motivator, nothing more. Spending is the problem and no party is gonna touch it until the 2012 election has passed. They care more about their political skins than the health of the economy.

Connect the dots between the scams that gave the rich control over 40% of US wealth and our current level of debt.

Our debt looms much larger today because the Obama/Bush Banker's First Bailout Programs saved corporations like GE and AIG (who pay little or no taxes and massive executive compensations) without extracting meaningful concessions on cramdowns and usurious credit card interest rates.

"In the ever-so-smug company of the rich and powerful it is a given that there is never to be any expression of remorse or other acknowledgement of the pain they have inflicted on the lesser mortals they so cavalierly plunder.

"It’s convenient for them that the media and the politicians, which they happen to own, rarely connect the dots between the scams that made the rich so rich and the alarming rise in the federal debt that is crushing this nation."

The False Debate on the Debt | Common Dreams

Connect the dots between the scams that gave the rich control over 40% of US wealth and our current level of debt.

Our debt looms much larger today because the Obama/Bush Banker's First Bailout Programs saved corporations like GE and AIG (who pay little or no taxes and massive executive compensations) without extracting meaningful concessions on cramdowns and usurious credit card interest rates.

"In the ever-so-smug company of the rich and powerful it is a given that there is never to be any expression of remorse or other acknowledgement of the pain they have inflicted on the lesser mortals they so cavalierly plunder.

"It’s convenient for them that the media and the politicians, which they happen to own, rarely connect the dots between the scams that made the rich so rich and the alarming rise in the federal debt that is crushing this nation."

The False Debate on the Debt | Common Dreams

What pain have the rich inflicted on you, specifically?

[/QUOTE]What would produce a huge cry for Tax Reform would be a law that prohibits companies from automatically deducting taxes from paychecks, and forcing employees to write the Gubmint a check every month...[/QUOTE]

I have always supported this. Having to pay your taxes by writing a check to Uncle Sam every month would create an instant tax revolt. An end to all entitlements, government giveaway programs and massive federal layoffs.
We don't need these things and forcing the people to pay for them is immoral.

Last edited:
What would produce a huge cry for Tax Reform would be a law that prohibits companies from automatically deducting taxes from paychecks, and forcing employees to write the Gubmint a check every month...

I have always supported this. Having to pay your taxes by writing a check to Uncle Sam every month would create an instant tax revolt. An end to all entitlements, government giveaway programs and massive federal layoffs.
Yes - which is why the left will never allow such a thing.

Cavuto raised an interesting figure.
Can anybody confirm or dispute it?

If we were to raise everyone's taxes by 50% we'd still have an $800 billion deficit.
????????????
If you took -every dime- from everyone making >$150k/yr, you'd still have a >$630B deficit

how naive are you ? campaign promises are not real because just because the candidate want to doesn't mean it can be done , you say what you want to do then if elected there's reality ,
and your talking state debt?
feds cant undo W's screw ups in 4 years , not even in 8 .

as far as rich? they can leave if the tax's are to much ? hay you can too .

If we were to raise everyone's taxes by 50% we'd still have an $800 billion deficit.
????????????
If you took -every dime- from everyone making >$150k/yr, you'd still have a >$630B deficit

how naive are you ? campaign promises are not real because just because the candidate want to doesn't mean it can be done , you say what you want to do then if elected there's reality ,
Not sure how any of this pertains to what I posted.
You may clarify yourself.

????????????

Please explain your partisan slip of the lip....

It is W's screw ups....

But campaign proimises are not real just becuase the candidates wants them..

I assume the second line means that a president can not do what he wants becuase he needs congress to allow him to do things...

But it is ALL W's screw ups even though he was working with a democratic congress for a good part of the time...

Do I get you correctly?

Berkeley University paper which is a very robust study which shows that controls for many, many variables, and breaks down the effect of tax increases over the last 50 years or so, in pretty great detail.

It finds that, according to their analysis, tax increases create a sustained, significant decrease in GDP and output, as well as a significant increase in unemployment.

Shows that temporarily raising taxes to close a deficit has a very short, barely positive effect, while raising long-term taxes has a very negative, very long-lasting effect.

Conclusions on page 40.

http://www.econ.berkeley.edu/~cromer/RomerDraft307.pdf

Obama hired Romer and then she quit.

Christina Romer, Obama Economic Adviser, Resigns - CBS News

Don't need to. He starts off with bullshit, why should I waste time reading yet more bullshit?
I'm sure Mr. Reich will be crushed to learn of your criticism.

I'm sure he'll live. But, next time, perhaps you should form your own opinions by studying an issue and applying some critical thought to a variety of sources... instead of making yourself look stupid by accepting the blog of some bullshit artist. Just a suggestion.

Agree or disagree with him Robert Reich, I would not call him a bullshit artist. You might want to read what he has to say, but that would take more effort than listening to conservative talk radio.

Raising taxes will not solve the problem because the government is corrupted such that any money it gets goes to cronny industries and more empire building or paying off special interest groups.

Lowering taxes will not solve the problem because lowering taxes does not (in this economic circumstance, at least) lead to increases in investments that ultimately result in higher tax revenues.

So we really need to (and do not have the political will to) both DECREASE SPENDING AND INCREASE REVENUES simultaneously.

Ain't gonna happen, folks.

Basically the unspoken agenda is to decrease spending in social welfare policies, including things like repair and maintainance of the nation's infrstructure, while CONTINUING to piss away money on things like foreign interventions and more POPULATION CONTROL in the form of increasing policing powers.

We are, I suspect, approaching the end game of a set of policies (that look suspeicviously like a 40 year long conspiracy to me, but not one that is much of a secret) that were DESIGNED to bankrupt the middle class and ITS governments.

Basically Atlas isn't merely shrugging, Atlas is leaving our national home and taking the FAMILY heirlooms with him as he goes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back