Why Voters Rejected Kerry

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Wasn't sure to whether to put this in politics or terrorism but I figured it would get discussed either way.
------------------------------------
David Limbaugh
Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2005

Ted Kennedy's contemptible foreign policy speech deliberately timed just prior to the Iraqi election was bad enough. But Kennedy didn't just come within one state's electors of becoming president. John Kerry did, and his regrettable remarks on "Meet the Press" demonstrate how scary that is.

Kerry made so many objectionable statements it's hard to know where to begin. He couldn't complete a paragraph perfunctorily praising our troops before he began issuing disclaimers: "No one in the United States should try to overhype this election."

First, no one in the Bush administration is saying our work in Iraq is complete. They acknowledge the election was just the beginning. Several pivotal steps remain before the adoption of the Iraqi constitution and we're still feverishly training Iraqi security forces.

Having said that, I do think we should be touting this election as the monumentally historic event that it was. Indeed, how can we overstate the significance of this incredible day and the remarkable courage of the Iraqi people?

We should rejoice at their unequivocal affirmation of the universal human longing for freedom. Their enthusiastic embrace of the democratic process stands as a disciplinary repudiation of those glibly contending that certain cultures, such as Islamic ones, are inherently unreceptive to self-rule.

If 72 percent of the registered Iraqi voters had cast their ballots in a completely risk-free climate, we would be shouting to the rooftops with glee. But every single voter went to the polls knowing he or she could be killed. Does this not put the lie to the endless refrain that the Iraqi people reject us as "occupiers" instead of welcoming us as "liberators"?

You can't tell me the Iraqi people aren't supportive of America's action in deposing Saddam Hussein when three-fourths of them chose to participate in the democratic process.

Read the rest here:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/2/1/132631.shtml

Look who started a thread! :D I am amused by the everyday Democrats who still seem to hang on Kerry's and Kennedy's pronouncements! It's like they are incapable of analyzing what has happened.

The laughable thing the Demos say is he lost because his message didn't get out LMFAO! He lost precisely because his message did get out and it was rejected out of hand. If the Democratic party doesn't come to grips with reality I see them within 20 years becoming no more powerful than the Libertarians, they will become that useless.

Forum List

Back