Why Toyota Is Shunning Electric Cars

Even if you don't believe in the climate change hoax Hybrid is a viable alternative for a lot of folks.

i luvz me my prius. got it in 2011 - a 2007 model. the only thing that has been replaced is the standard battery & tires & i fill up around every 6 weeks or so.

Even if you don't believe in the climate change hoax Hybrid is a viable alternative for a lot of folks.
II still like Nissan's E power cars.

Basically it is a hybrid but there is only one drive train instead of 2 like Prius

They use a small 1.8 or 2 liter gasoline motor that is is used to spin the generator that charges the battery and the battery powers the single electric drivetrain

Since the engine only has to turn the generator it can be tuned to be extremely efficient since the power demand never changes

II still like Nissan's E power cars.

Basically it is a hybrid but there is only one drive train instead of 2 like Prius

They use a small 1.8 or 2 liter gasoline motor that is is used to spin the generator that charges the battery and the battery powers the single electric drivetrain

Since the engine only has to turn the generator it can be tuned to be extremely efficient since the power demand never changes

That is the best alternative. You good get away with a smaller engine with a tiny gas tank.

I got a Honda hybrid and think it takes too long to charge (at Level 2) the car for the amount of mileage one gets compared to the petrol. For the Tesla, I think they have a network of superchargers which take them 30 mins to an hour for 80% to 100% charge. I think they're only available for Teslas right now, but eventually they may take over. They're prolly the fastest chargers. Smart, Elon Musk.

ETA: If I'm going full EV, then I'm gonna get a Tesla as my next car. It's the only way to go for EV unless the other carmakers can also use the Tesla superchargers or have something comparable. The other superchargers aren't in Tesla's class yet.

Last edited:
My view is if an EV works for a persons particular needs...great.

Personally I am currently seeking a low mileage used Toyota Tundra 8 cyl 4x4 for towing of a camper and boat into rural areas to replace my high mileage Hemi Jeep.
Those are my needs for a vehicle and I don't appreciate folks who interfere with my right to choose.
I also need cargo ability for work tools. A Prius ain't gonna cut it.

Forum List

Back