Why there is no such thing as racism against white people

Can I just be honest and say I don't give a flying fuck about the problems of black people, who in my opinion, are to blame for most of their own problems.

Asian people don't have these problems because they work hard, make good money, and their kids work hard and get good grades in school.

When I went to university, the libraries and computer science labs were always full of Asian students working while the whites, blacks and Hispanics were out on the lawn throwing a frisbee.

If anyone has the right to complain it's Asians, because affirmative action programs actuallly discriminate AGAINST them even more than whites.
I don't recall us having a system of enslavement and then legal segregation against Asians in this country. It matters.
As an Asian American, I hate it when white people try to use us as pawns in their racist lies

Why do you think Asians have fewer problems than other minorities?

I agree that it is pretty racist to call Asians whites' "teacher's pets."

But Democrats are the worst racists, they can't deal with the fact that most people don't care about race anymore, most Americans are beyond that.

People of color do not have any power or privilege in this white dominated society. This is shown by the fact that people of color are FAR more likely to be sentenced to prison while whites get off on plea deals for the same exact crimes.
Nonsense.

The President of the United States is a "person of color." Blacks inhabit every sector of American society which reflects power in proportion to their population percentile. There are Blacks in the Congress, there are Black mayors, Black council members, Black executives at all levels of government, there are Black police officers, Black military officers -- including the general grade, there are Black doctors, Black lawyers, Black university professors, Black bankers, Black financial executives -- and there is an annually increasing number of Black millionaires.

As for more Blacks going to prison, how many of them are not guilty of the offenses they have been charged with? I will say this, however; there are too many individuals, Black and White, serving time in prisons for drug offenses -- a fact which reaches the level of administrative insanity. If the utterly counterproductive War on Drugs were ended a substantial percentage of Black prison inmates would be reduced.

Are proportionately more Blacks than Whites arrested for drug offenses? Yes. And the reason is they commit more drug offenses than do Whites.
Nope. Whites and people of color are ARRESTED at the same rates, but INCARCERATED at vastly different rates. Fourteen Examples of Racism in Criminal Justice System | Huffington Post

I agree that it is pretty racist to call Asians whites' "teacher's pets."

But Democrats are the worst racists, they can't deal with the fact that most people don't care about race anymore, most Americans are beyond that.
Yeah, I'm sure that the masses of protesters and activists marching in Ferguson, in Charlotte, in Baltimore, in New York, on college campuses around the country all "don't care" about racial issues

[...]

Sure, there may be a few rich people of color in this country, but even the richest African American in the US still gets racially profiled by police. Even Senator Tim Scott (who is a Republican, by the way) has openly talked about being profiled by police for his skin color. Even President Obama, back when he was a senator, used to see people lock their car doors as he walked by, showing that people of color in all walks of life still face plenty of hate and discrimination.

[...]
The profiling of Blacks is the direct result of the War on Drugs.

The federal government subsidizes the anti-drug activity of every police department in the U.S. Briefly stated, the more anti-drug activity a police agency demonstrates the more money (and/or equipment) that agency receives from the federal government. Because it has been statistically determined that the percentage of Black motorists who are carrying illegal drugs is substantially greater than that of Whites, police are thereby motivated (by government money) to profile Blacks. It's not "racism." It's money!

As for people locking their doors, etc., when Blacks walk by, even Jesse Jackson has openly stated he feels more comfortable when the footsteps behind him on a dark street come from a White man. The simple fact is the vast majority of violent street crime is perpetrated by young Black males. So it's not "racism." It's a statistical fact.

Bottom line: What is your definition of the word "racism?" Not the dictionary's definition -- yours. And do you agree that if a dozen people are asked to submit their personal definition of that word there would be very few closely similar submissions? Try it and see. (I once heard a young Black caller to a radio talk show say her father is "racist" against cats.)
My definition of racism is the same as that of everybody who has suffered from racism: the discrimination against people of color by the group holding the power and privelege in society: aka whites.

[...]

Sure, there may be a few rich people of color in this country, but even the richest African American in the US still gets racially profiled by police. Even Senator Tim Scott (who is a Republican, by the way) has openly talked about being profiled by police for his skin color. Even President Obama, back when he was a senator, used to see people lock their car doors as he walked by, showing that people of color in all walks of life still face plenty of hate and discrimination.

[...]
The profiling of Blacks is the direct result of the War on Drugs.

The federal government subsidizes the anti-drug activity of every police department in the U.S. Briefly stated, the more anti-drug activity a police agency demonstrates the more money (and/or equipment) that agency receives from the federal government. Because it has been statistically determined that the percentage of Black motorists who are carrying illegal drugs is substantially greater than that of Whites, police are thereby motivated (by government money) to profile Blacks. It's not "racism." It's money!

As for people locking their doors, etc., when Blacks walk by, even Jesse Jackson has openly stated he feels more comfortable when the footsteps behind him on a dark street come from a White man. The simple fact is the vast majority of violent street crime is perpetrated by young Black males. So it's not "racism." It's a statistical fact.

Bottom line: What is your definition of the word "racism?" Not the dictionary's definition -- yours. And do you agree that if a dozen people are asked to submit their personal definition of that word there would be very few closely similar submissions? Try it and see. (I once heard a young Black caller to a radio talk show say her father is "racist" against cats.)
My definition of racism is the same as that of everybody who has suffered from racism: the discrimination against people of color by the group holding the power and privelege in society: aka whites.

MikeK, you have to keep in mind that Chairman G's definition of racism is different than most who speak our language. He changed the definition to specifically exclude whites, and only whites. While spouting bullshit about racism. I think that is a hilarious level of hypocrisy.

Nope. Whites and people of color are ARRESTED at the same rates, but INCARCERATED at vastly different rates. Fourteen Examples of Racism in Criminal Justice System | Huffington Post
While I normally respect the accuracy and objectivity of Huffington Post articles I must disagree with the specific item referenced above.

I lived in New York City for most of my life and my occupation frequently took me into neighborhoods where street-corner drug dealing was commonplace. Over an approximate twenty-five year period I can confidently report that never once did I see a White hawking drugs from a street corner, or dealing from a car, or a hallway. Not once. So I really would like to talk this item over with the writer of that article because what he (Bill Quigley) has said conflicts with the facts as I -- and I'm sure many others -- have witnessed them.

Also, anyone who watches the TV "ride-along" series, COPS, has plainly seen that (at least) the 80% majority of those arrested for drug dealing or possession are Black. Further, anyone who has watched the excellent Showtime series, The Wire, and who knows the script is based largely on reality, will also have questions to ask Mr. Quigley about his sources.

While I normally respect the accuracy and objectivity of Huffington Post articles I must disagree with the specific item referenced above.

I lived in New York City for most of my life and my occupation frequently took me into neighborhoods where street-corner drug dealing was commonplace. Over an approximate twenty-five year period I can confidently report that never once did I see a White hawking drugs from a street corner, or dealing from a car, or a hallway. Not once. So I really would like to talk this item over with the writer of that article because what he (Bill Quigley) has said conflicts with the facts as I -- and I'm sure many others -- have witnessed them.

Also, anyone who watches the TV "ride-along" series, COPS, has plainly seen that (at least) the 80% majority of those arrested for drug dealing or possession are Black.
Anecdote does not equal statistical truths

It is more than equal when it can be verified by easily substantiated and observable facts.

How about your own observations; Have you ever seen a White street-corner dealer?

My conclusion is Quigley has manipulated these statistics to fit his narrative.

Also, anyone who watches the TV "ride-along" series, COPS, has plainly seen that (at least) the 80% majority of those arrested for drug dealing or possession are Black.

Demanding that a word means what you want it to mean instead of the standard definition does not equal the truth either.

Demanding that a word means what you want it to mean instead of the standard definition does not equal the truth either.
Racism has been misdefined by white people for far too long. We are simply restoring the correct definition of the word.
7 reasons why reverse racism doesn't exist

Can I just be honest and say I don't give a flying fuck about the problems of black people, who in my opinion, are to blame for most of their own problems.

Asian people don't have these problems because they work hard, make good money, and their kids work hard and get good grades in school.

When I went to university, the libraries and computer science labs were always full of Asian students working while the whites, blacks and Hispanics were out on the lawn throwing a frisbee.

If anyone has the right to complain it's Asians, because affirmative action programs actuallly discriminate AGAINST them even more than whites.
I don't recall us having a system of enslavement and then legal segregation against Asians in this country. It matters.
As an Asian American, I hate it when white people try to use us as pawns in their racist lies
Yeah, Asians are the teacher's pet, for sure.

So a teacher's pet is generally understood to be someone who kisses the ass of the teacher to achieve an elevated status. It's the non racial version of calling someone a house n*gger.

What I wonder is if you're actually intending to imply that Asian people are kissing the asses of the white "teacher" identity (read intellectually superior authority), or if this was some sort of Freudian slip, because from where I'm sitting, this looks like a convenient confirmation of the growingly common hunch that many democrats are just white supremacists with guilty consciences.

Also, despite the portion of my heritage that is Chinese, I'm not offended by your overt racism, accidental or not. I do find you fucking hilarious, though :)
Actually, I was thinking of "teacher's pet" from the opposite perspective--What I was implying was the "intellectually superior authority" points at Asians as the smartest one in the class, the great achiever. They do this to doubly prove that blacks are losers because they don't perform equally well. I hadn't thought of Asians as brown-nosing or "kissing ass" as you put it.

4 'Reverse Racism' Myths That Need To Stop | Huffington Post

Racism requires power and privelege to exist.

People of color do not have any power or privilege in this white dominated society. This is shown by the fact that people of color are FAR more likely to be sentenced to prison while whites get off on plea deals for the same exact crimes.

Because racism requires power and privelege, and since whites are the only racial group with institutional power and privelege in this country, only whites can be racist. Saying that racism against whites exists is like saying 2 plus 2 equals 800. It's just not factually possible.

And don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary about what their definition of racism is. These dictionaries were written by old white men who never experienced racism in their lives, and therefore should not be trusted to provide an accurate, unbiased definition of the word.
Please learn the difference between racism, prejudice, stereotyping.

Racism has been misdefined by white people for far too long. We are simply restoring the correct definition of the word.

Bullshit. You are creating a definition that is, by definition, racist.

So a teacher's pet is generally understood to be someone who kisses the ass of the teacher to achieve an elevated status. It's the non racial version of calling someone a house n*gger.

What I wonder is if you're actually intending to imply that Asian people are kissing the asses of the white "teacher" identity (read intellectually superior authority), or if this was some sort of Freudian slip, because from where I'm sitting, this looks like a convenient confirmation of the growingly common hunch that many democrats are just white supremacists with guilty consciences.

Also, despite the portion of my heritage that is Chinese, I'm not offended by your overt racism, accidental or not. I do find you fucking hilarious, though :)
Actually, I was thinking of "teacher's pet" from the opposite perspective--What I was implying was the "intellectually superior authority" points at Asians as the smartest one in the class, the great achiever. They do this to doubly prove that blacks are losers because they don't perform equally well. I hadn't thought of Asians as brown-nosing or "kissing ass" as you put it.

I figured that was most likely the case, I just found it fun to give a democrat shit about using offensive terms regarding a minority group. Just a head's up for future reference, teacher's pet doesn't just mean the teacher's favorite, it means someone who is actively campaigning to be the favorite.

So. . . Restore means to bring something back to what it once was. When you say that you are restoring the correct definition of racism, you're saying that racism originally meant what you're saying it means, essentially prejudice plus power, and that the current dictionary definition is some new invention that is misdefining the word. You are incorrect.

https://www.andover.edu/About/Newsroom/TheMagazine/Documents/8-PedOfRacismSWJournal.pdf

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Prejudice_plus_power

I can get some more random sources for you, but the general agreement seems to be that the current dictionary definition of the word is the original definition. Either you don't know the meaning of restore, or you don't understand the history of the word racism, and yet here you are authoritatively telling everyone that -you- have the correct English definition and they're all wrong, despite your obvious lack of knowledge of the portion of English being discussed.

If you're going to be ignorant, try not to be authoritative as well. It's quite possibly the worst potential combination of attributes that you can find in a human.

I figured that was most likely the case, I just found it fun to give a democrat shit about using offensive terms regarding a minority group. Just a head's up for future reference, teacher's pet doesn't just mean the teacher's favorite, it means someone who is actively campaigning to be the favorite.
Noted. I guess when "teacher's pet" is racially offensive, I'm really in the wrong discussion.

Forum List

Back