Why the US will have to negotiate with the Taliban

Sunni I appreciate the rep and thanks but i don't think you understood what I was saying.

I'm saying you should be speaking out against the Taliban for them cutting off the abused teenage girl's face. Because if that were your daughter you'd be against it, so you should have compassion for the girl and her family.
No muslim should support this criminal act.

That being said, if the story is true; it was a cultural thing and has nothing to do with Islam.

I'm not attaching religion to it, just saying it's sad that the Taliban resorts to these things.

But rest assured I know the U.S. does no better, we installed a druglord family to run the country.

Then how can you support the Taliban since they came in to Afghanistan from Pakistan and enforced their strict interpretation of sharia law on to the people. Prior to the Taliban..prior to the Soviets.. the Afghani people lived completely different types of lives. The women were doctors..shop keepers..allowed to go to school and be full members of their communities. The Taliban forces them to be little more than chattel and slaves. Can you not see that the Taliban are invaders that."enforce their culture and values on indigenous people"?
How can the Taliban be invaders??

They are Afghans also.

The vast majority of Taliban are Pashtuns; most who live in Afghanistan and some in Pakistan.

The Taliban are indigenous to the area and share Afghan culture with the other Afghan people.

Before the Europeans created nation states and divided the area into borders.

They were a large tribe with a single culture on their own land.

Sunni I appreciate the rep and thanks but i don't think you understood what I was saying.

I'm saying you should be speaking out against the Taliban for them cutting off the abused teenage girl's face. Because if that were your daughter you'd be against it, so you should have compassion for the girl and her family.

That being said, if the story is true; it was a cultural thing and has nothing to do with Islam.

I'm not attaching religion to it, just saying it's sad that the Taliban resorts to these things.

But rest assured I know the U.S. does no better, we installed a druglord family to run the country.
I am a Vietnam Vet.

And am well aware that during a war people give into their base emotions.

Criminal acts become common place and people become numb to brutal events that in peace time would horrify them.

The Afghan people have basically been at war for 30+ years with no end in sight.

All the younger generation knows is war.

Their culture is slowly being eroded away.

And yet we wonder why they behave the way they do. :doubt:

I am a Vietnam Vet.

And am well aware that during a war people give into their base emotions.

Criminal acts become common place and people become numb to brutal events that in peace time would horrify them.

The Afghan people have basically been at war for 30+ years with no end in sight.

All the younger generation knows is war.

Their culture is slowly being eroded away.

And yet we wonder why they behave the way they do. :doubt:

That's a great point.

I'm not excusing the acts, but who knows how we americans would turn out if countries were constantly blowing up our homeland and our chances of advancing technologically and economically were taken away from us.

Then how can you support the Taliban since they came in to Afghanistan from Pakistan and enforced their strict interpretation of sharia law on to the people. Prior to the Taliban..prior to the Soviets.. the Afghani people lived completely different types of lives. The women were doctors..shop keepers..allowed to go to school and be full members of their communities. The Taliban forces them to be little more than chattel and slaves. Can you not see that the Taliban are invaders that."enforce their culture and values on indigenous people"?
How can the Taliban be invaders??

They are Afghans also.

The vast majority of Taliban are Pashtuns; most who live in Afghanistan and some in Pakistan.

The Taliban are indigenous to the area and share Afghan culture with the other Afghan people.

Before the Europeans created nation states and divided the area into borders.

They were a large tribe with a single culture on their own land.

The Taliban is a creation of the Pakistani madrasas. They are by and large children of former Afghan refugees that were used by Pakistan to gain control of Afghanistan. I'm quite sure that those women that lived and worked in Afghanistan that now find themselves to be virtual prisoners in their own homes, see the Taliban for the invaders that they are. Do you not think that the women in that society should have had a say in their own fate? Why do you think a woman should be chattel?

You really believe in this crap? Why do you live here in the US? How can you believe in this stuff, but live where women are free to do what they want? It must drive you absolutely nuts!
No, it doesn't drive me nuts to see uncovered American women in the streets.

It's really not their fault.

Our society teaches them that crude and immodest behavior and dress is acceptable.

And our media reinforces to young women that lax morals and promiscuity are what's expected.

No wonder teen pregnancy is out of control.

Women converts are the largest demographic in people accepting Islam.

Because they see the benefits of women accepting their place in the social structure that Islam provides.

Where they can be a complete muslim woman; a great wife, and a good mother.

Because the rules for women are concisely and completely laid out for them to follow.

Last edited:
Who ever that thinks we can ever make peace with the taliban is nuts. We would be better off getting out of afiganistan and letting them have it. No reason to bow to them.

WE must KILL the taliban utterly if we wish to have even the slightiest chance!

Actually, I don't think so. They are not very important and neither is Afghanistan. I'm still trying to fathom why 10 years later we are still there. We made our point in the 1st 3 months. DO NOT DO IT AGAIN OR ELSE. Any questions?

After all these years and the Taliban is still THE major force within Afghanistan. Why is that?

Remember, even inside the old USSR and inside Modern China, still religion has a foothold. The Taliban in Afghanistan is their state church. You can't stomp it out unless you kill everyone.

Many Republicans believe (they believe so many odd and strange things) that the Taliban was part of the WTC Terrorist attack because they wouldn't give up al Qaeda. But we now know in their culture, you can't "turn over" an honored guest once you have accepted them into your home. And remember, al Qaeda fought with the Taliban against Soviet Incursion. They were most certainly "honored guests".

Republicans, even if they cared, don't understand this. Remember, John McCain didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite. Add in the Republicans complete lack of understanding in this country of anyone other than a white conservative and you have a recipe for disaster.

Obama is going to have to cut a deal with the Taliban. There is not a shred of evidence that the Taliban had a hand in 9/11. Considering where all the bombers came from, the US is probably looking in the wrong country.

Hopefully, Obama will be re-elected. We need a president who will get this country out of Afghanistan and you know that no Republican will do that. Republicans see foreign wars as highly profitable ways to make lots of money. And we only lose a few poor kids so it's a "Win-Win". Money to people already rich versus the cost of the lives of a few poor kids. Eliminate abortion laws and they can be replaced easily enough.

We will be stuck there until after the presidential elections because Republicans will never, ever allow peace between the US and the Taliban. They would say Obama is friends with terrorists and that's the proof.

Remember, the generals told us Gitmo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. Republicans say that if you close Gitmo you will have to release terrorists onto the streets and into backyards as if they never heard of "maximum security prisons" before. So sick of this "willful ignorance".

Republicans know this and fought to keep it open even though it threatens the lives of young patriotic American soldiers. They don't care. It's all about getting the black guy out of the WHITE House. If they can't control the country, they will see it destroyed. Like a dog guarding a pile of hay, their natural instinct is to keep others from using it even when they have no use for it.
here we go again !! another lefty appeasing the enemy !!

Helping to unleash the Taliban on the Afghan People will prove to be a horrific blunder. This is a very unwise foreign policy decision. We will regret it. Blowback will not be kind to us.

What is sad is elevating the Taliban to the staus of enemy. Hardly worth it. Cheap hoods. supposed "superpower" chasing around a neighborhood gang. How sad is that?

Actually I think a good snubbing is what they really deserve.

If the Afghans do not want to stand up to thugs they get what they deserve. Why the hell are we there? It is Al queda we came for. They are gone. "Mission Accomplished". On the way out let them know. " Don't let it happen again!"

011112mt_urine2-800.JPG

After all these years and the Taliban is still THE major force within Afghanistan. Why is that?

Remember, even inside the old USSR and inside Modern China, still religion has a foothold. The Taliban in Afghanistan is their state church. You can't stomp it out unless you kill everyone.

Many Republicans believe (they believe so many odd and strange things) that the Taliban was part of the WTC Terrorist attack because they wouldn't give up al Qaeda. But we now know in their culture, you can't "turn over" an honored guest once you have accepted them into your home. And remember, al Qaeda fought with the Taliban against Soviet Incursion. They were most certainly "honored guests".

Republicans, even if they cared, don't understand this. Remember, John McCain didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite. Add in the Republicans complete lack of understanding in this country of anyone other than a white conservative and you have a recipe for disaster.

Obama is going to have to cut a deal with the Taliban. There is not a shred of evidence that the Taliban had a hand in 9/11. Considering where all the bombers came from, the US is probably looking in the wrong country.

Hopefully, Obama will be re-elected. We need a president who will get this country out of Afghanistan and you know that no Republican will do that. Republicans see foreign wars as highly profitable ways to make lots of money. And we only lose a few poor kids so it's a "Win-Win". Money to people already rich versus the cost of the lives of a few poor kids. Eliminate abortion laws and they can be replaced easily enough.

We will be stuck there until after the presidential elections because Republicans will never, ever allow peace between the US and the Taliban. They would say Obama is friends with terrorists and that's the proof.

Remember, the generals told us Gitmo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. Republicans say that if you close Gitmo you will have to release terrorists onto the streets and into backyards as if they never heard of "maximum security prisons" before. So sick of this "willful ignorance".

Republicans know this and fought to keep it open even though it threatens the lives of young patriotic American soldiers. They don't care. It's all about getting the black guy out of the WHITE House. If they can't control the country, they will see it destroyed. Like a dog guarding a pile of hay, their natural instinct is to keep others from using it even when they have no use for it.

Have to Negotiate with them? why? Who in their Right mind actually thinks they will abide by any Agreement we may come to?

Look you left wing loons, and Isolationist Paul Supporters. Listen up. If our Intent is to keep the Taliban from Ever Coming Back to Power, then Getting out, and Negotiating is not an Option. The Moment we Leave that Country, Any Agreement we come to with the Taliban will be broken as fast as you can say Allah Akbar.

So if you are intent on this course, lets not waste the time of pretending to have Negotiations, and a peace treaty. Only to be made to look like fools when the Taliban Violates the Treaty and Again attempts to take over Afghanistan once we leave.

I am Tired of trying to convince people of the Necessity of some Wars, so if I am to Resign myself to the Idea that were getting out of Afghanistan before the Job is Done, lets please at least not have the added insult of a Broken Peace Treaty. Just get out, Don't agree to anything with the Taliban, equip the Afghans as best possible to defend themselves, and then when the Taliban Attacks again at least we wont look like fools for Falling for a Bogus Deal with them.

Have to Negotiate with them? why? Who in their Right mind actually thinks they will abide by any Agreement we may come to?

Look you left wing loons, and Isolationist Paul Supporters. Listen up. If our Intent is to keep the Taliban from Ever Coming Back to Power, then Getting out, and Negotiating is not an Option. The Moment we Leave that Country, Any Agreement we come to with the Taliban will be broken as fast as you can say Allah Akbar.

So if you are intent on this course, lets not waste the time of pretending to have Negotiations, and a peace treaty. Only to be made to look like fools when the Taliban Violates the Treaty and Again attempts to take over Afghanistan once we leave.

I am Tired of trying to convince people of the Necessity of some Wars, so if I am to Resign myself to the Idea that were getting out of Afghanistan before the Job is Done, lets please at least not have the added insult of a Broken Peace Treaty. Just get out, Don't agree to anything with the Taliban, equip the Afghans as best possible to defend themselves, and then when the Taliban Attacks again at least we wont look like fools for Falling for a Bogus Deal with them.

Best to leave and give them ultimatums. Like if you ever let a terrorist camp come back here we will bomb the hell out ofyou and that camp. PERIOD.

In the meantime you are immaterial, useless, worthless and far from any of our minds.

To sunni man....
im going to open up on you.you piece of human shit.
you fucking satanic cult,in the nane of your fucking allah,forces women in nigeria,under satanic sharia law,to get circumsized so they have no sexual sensation.
the fact your satanic cult makes subserviance of gender by forcing women to wear burqas.
The fact of the matter is all fucking humans beings,all,without regard to gender,are fucking equal,with a spirit to have freewill,GODGIVEN,thats what your fucking pedophile satanic cult cant stand,and use it as a measure of control to stifle freedoms. Fuck you.fuck allah,and mohammed was a fucking child molester,at 47,married a fucking 8year old.read the quran.we are free to dress as we choose,educate ourselves as we choose,both genders,and reality check is scumbag,women are god in the eyes of a child.

To sunni man....
im going to open up on you.you piece of human shit.
you fucking satanic cult,in the nane of your fucking allah,forces women in nigeria,under satanic sharia law,to get circumsized so they have no sexual sensation.
the fact your satanic cult makes subserviance of gender by forcing women to wear burqas.
The fact of the matter is all fucking humans beings,all,without regard to gender,are fucking equal,with a spirit to have freewill,GODGIVEN,thats what your fucking pedophile satanic cult cant stand,and use it as a measure of control to stifle freedoms. Fuck you.fuck allah,and mohammed was a fucking child molester,at 47,married a fucking 8year old.read the quran.we are free to dress as we choose,educate ourselves as we choose,both genders,and reality check is scumbag,women are god in the eyes of a child.

In actuality who gives a freak what assholes do? They don't last long.

Forum List

Back