Why the Middle East is in Such a Mess

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
belman041717b.jpg

Simply put, the British, French, and Russians stuck their noses into the region and made nations based upon their ideals – NOT the true status of the peoples.

The turmoil in Lebanon, Syria and Iraq can rightly find its roots in the Sykes-Picot agreement which Britain, France and Russia signed in 1916

And it actually spreads everywhere, not just those three countries.

Read the full story @ The Deal of the Century: Redrawing the Map of the Middle East

What makes you think the peoples of those territories would have peacefully worked out a plan for sharing the territories?

That area has been a big mess for literally thousands of years, and outsiders meddling has not helped one bit. I think we need to stay out of it with one proviso: leave us alone. Do what you gotta do but if you mess with us we're gonna drop a shit ton of MOABs on your ass.

That area has been a big mess for literally thousands of years, and outsiders meddling has not helped one bit. I think we need to stay out of it with one proviso: leave us alone. Do what you gotta do but if you mess with us we're gonna drop a shit ton of MOABs on your ass.

what do you call "OUTSIDE MEDDLING"? ------the area has been drawn and redrawn over and over and over again for the past 4000 years. How are you
defining "OUTSIDE" -------where the greeks "outside" of Syria when they took
control of Syria? Were the Bedouins of Arabia "OUTSIDE" of Sudan when they
invaded and took over Sudan? Any idea about the VAST ROMAN EMPIRE-----
"all of Gaul is divided in three parts....." who said that? hint-----it was not
the native "gaulians"

what do you call "OUTSIDE MEDDLING"? ------the area has been drawn and redrawn over and over and over again for the past 4000 years. How are you
the native "gaulians"

I was thinking of the Europeans, Russians, Americans in modern times. In ancient times there were the Turks, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians.

My guess is it was Julius Caesar who said that about Gaul.

the native "gaulians"

I was thinking of the Europeans, Russians, Americans in modern times. In ancient times there were the Turks, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians.

It was some Latin speaking person------I know it because it was the one line
my dad remembered from High School Latin class------related to the roman
conquest of the innocent gaulians and Saxons and Druids and blue painted persons. Rome wrecked havoc on the cultures of the blue peoples

the native "gaulians"

conquest of the innocent gaulians and Saxons and Druids and blue painted persons. Rome wrecked havoc on the cultures of the blue peoples

It was Julius Caesar, I looked it up. I believe the blue people you are referring to were the Picts, who lived in Scotland and I think fought and lost battles with the Romans, who tried to subjugate them but ultimately failed. A good bit of human history involves conquests by invaders over the locals; we did it ourselves to the Indians who were here long before Columbus showed up. The ME is no different.

the native "gaulians"

It was Julius Caesar, I looked it up. I believe the blue people you are referring to were the Picts, who lived in Scotland and I think fought and lost battles with the Romans, who tried to subjugate them but ultimately failed. A good bit of human history involves conquests by invaders over the locals; we did it ourselves to the Indians who were here long before Columbus showed up. The ME is no different.

YES----the middle east is not different------the conqueror vs the conquered
problem has happened OVER AND OVER again all over the globe. Border
shifts have HAPPENED all over the globe. --------we are ALL both victims and
victimizers--------it is no longer an EXCUSE

What makes you think the peoples of those territories would have peacefully worked out a plan for sharing the territories?

I didn't say they would. I just posted that some outsiders decided to divvy up the area based upon THEIR ideas and goals and not those of the people living there.

the native "gaulians"

>>All Gaul is divided into three parts, one of which the Belgae inhabit, the Aquitani another, those who in their own language are called Celts, in ours Gauls, the third.<<

the native "gaulians"

>>All Gaul is divided into three parts, one of which the Belgae inhabit, the Aquitani another, those who in their own language are called Celts, in ours Gauls, the third.<<

THE LAST OF THE CLASSICAL LANGUAGE geeks------a lost art

I didn't say they would. I just posted that some outsiders decided to divvy up the area based upon THEIR ideas and goals and not those of the people living there.

the 'theory' was SO THAT EVERYONE WOULD LIVE HAPPILY
EVER AFTER........... aaaahhhhhhhhhhh...

So, the ME might have still been a mess had the outsiders NOT intervened. So what was the premise of the OP?

So, the ME might have still been a mess had the outsiders NOT intervened. So what was the premise of the OP?

As far as I could tell it is that Western Culture and Islam simply do not mix. We cannot and should not try to force our values upon them. Until we learn that lesson, nothing will ever improve.

As far as I could tell it is that Western Culture and Islam simply do not mix. We cannot and should not try to force our values upon them. Until we learn that lesson, nothing will ever improve.

We cannot and should not try to force our values upon them.

I agree. We should immediately remove all Muslims from our soil, for their own sake.

actually, ISLAM is not designed to MIX----the whole objective is SUPREMACY---

ANYONE can get along with muslims------all you have to do is AGREE with them

Similarly to Europe those nations have had some decades to make their own order. They're lords of themselves now.

Forum List

Back