Choose your western headline:

• ISIS commits to freedom and democracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Syrian rebels receive reinforcements after ISIS defeat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Syrians stand up against Assads brutal rule

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
What would an alliance of ISIS and "rebels" mean? Could it change the situation?

ISIL seeking alliance with Al-Qaeda: Iraqi VP
Oh, dear.
More bloodshed trying to take that last piece of Mosul, I imagine. Let's hope AQ still finds ISIS too extreme.
ISIS original name is Al-Qaeda in Iraq. That for the AQ "too extreme" statement after ISIS left AQ.
I'm not sure what you mean. I know ISIS split off from AQ; I heard it was because AQ considered ISIS too extreme to share a platform. Was that wrong?

What would an alliance of ISIS and "rebels" mean? Could it change the situation?

Oh, dear.
More bloodshed trying to take that last piece of Mosul, I imagine. Let's hope AQ still finds ISIS too extreme.
ISIS original name is Al-Qaeda in Iraq. That for the AQ "too extreme" statement after ISIS left AQ.
I'm not sure what you mean. I know ISIS split off from AQ; I heard it was because AQ considered ISIS too extreme to share a platform. Was that wrong?
Is far as I know it was ISIS that withdrew from the al-Qaeda platform in 2014. They were the strongest anti-gov force and did not have to cooperate with others. That was not the case when they started their conquest in 2013.

juhv6n6o.jpg

5aqnjqxb.jpg

Battle of Raqqa (March 2013) - Wikipedia

Oh, dear.
As far as I know, AQ split from them. Too extreme, as you put it. They merged and then broke up. They had the same global goals so they had a lot in common. I wonder what was too extreme for AQ?

Forum List

Back