Why the left wing hates mormons and how to respond

between that fat yewt limbaugh and his crony gingrich they have a total of 6 marriages.

btw, did I tell ya that JFS had 3 brothers in my ward. Royal, Sam, and Calvin Amazing how different they were.

I despise any religious cult, just because this one managed to outlive it's first cult leader and gain a semblance of respectability does not make it any less a cult. Respond to that.

I despise any religious cult, just because this one managed to outlive it's first cult leader and gain a semblance of respectability does not make it any less a cult. Respond to that.

My response is a thanks and a rep because I agree completely.

The only diff between a "cult" and a "religion" is how long they've been fooling the gullible to give them 10% or more of their money.

============
Edited to say, no rep cuz its disabled.

what cult do you belong to

Not addressed to me but -

One's religious beliefs are very personal and private.

Why do people believe they can demand an answer to the question you asked?

reversals don't work with me

Why the Left-Wing Hates Mormons and How to Respond

Thought it was an interesting argument and it would help take away from some of the old stories of today.

I live in Mesa, Arizona, a Mormon founded and heavily populated city. I hear more anti-Mormon crap from the right-wing conservatives, I work with, then any other group. They questioned why I bought a car from a Mormon owned dealership or why they put Mormon education centers near high schools and colleges. People even complain that public school teachers have to be Mormon to work in Mesa.

Thank you but I will gladly answer, none. People who claim to know a damned thing about the nature or the will of God are liars and not to be trusted.

I didn't see Tyrone demand anything.

Thank you but I will gladly answer, none. People who claim to know a damned thing about the nature or the will of God are liars and not to be trusted.

So we should accept your expertise on a topic you claim to know nothing about? Why exactly?

Why the Left-Wing Hates Mormons and How to Respond

Thought it was an interesting argument and it would help take away from some of the old stories of today.

I live in Mesa, Arizona, a Mormon founded and heavily populated city. I hear more anti-Mormon crap from the right-wing conservatives, I work with, then any other group. They questioned why I bought a car from a Mormon owned dealership or why they put Mormon education centers near high schools and colleges. People even complain that public school teachers have to be Mormon to work in Mesa.

The posts in this thread indicate the opposite of your experience. And the article address your point:

The political left will no doubt mention that it is evangelicals, and certainly not they, that disdain Mormons, but this isn't true. According to Gallup, the Republican Party, the party of Evangelical Christians, saw a decrease in the numbers of Republicans saying they could not vote for a Mormon from 30% in 2007 to 18% in 2011, while among Democrats, the party of the secular left, that figure increased from 18% to 27% during that same time period.

Link doesn't work but I do hate morms and I already know why.

You hate Mormons? Why? What have they ever done to you? Well let me tell you, while I am not a Mormon, I have never had a problem with them. Ok, I have been to Salt Lake City, Utah, where the majority of religious people are Mormon. I have done alot of traveling at my young age, and let me tell you, Salt Lake City is a great place.

In Salt Lake City, there is the Huntsman Cancer Research Institute, which is ranked as one of the best cancer research instituties in the world. Yeah, one of those Mormons you hate just happened to put enormous money into this. But let's continue this. Salt Lake City is the cleanest big city I have EVER been to. People there are very friendly, they are respectful, there is courtesy and respect on the road. In addition to that, I did not see one house with barred up windows or security doors on it. When I visited the state capital, there are no metal detectors in it, nor are there any metal detectors anywhere. You can walk the streets in Salt Lake City at 0200 and not have to worry. Can you say the same about Chicago? I can keep going on about Salt Lake City, but you get the point.

In closing, while I am not a Mormon, all I have to say is this, they must be doing something right, and Salt Lake City is proof of that. I thought you lefties were supposed to be open minded and tolerant, yet in your reply you show nothing but hate. Just more proof of being a left-winger is a mental disorder. Well, you can hate the Mormons all you want, but you will not change my mind about all the good they have done, you stupid anus.

So we should accept your expertise on a topic you claim to know nothing about? Why exactly?

Still waiting for your response to my reason for despising religious cults like the Mormons. In the absence of a working link perhaps you can explain it to us.

Forum List

Back