Why the hell are we in Syria to begin with?

All these warmongers are mad at Trump for pulling us out of Syria.

Why the hell are we in Syria anyway?

To protect the Kurds? They can fucking take care of themselves.

To fight ISIS? Excuse me, but I thought they were defeated.

It is not worth the life of one American to save a million of those shitheads in the Middle East.

I find this deeply disturbing. The Kurds have always practiced a moderate form of Islam. They are pro-America, pro-Israel and pro-democracy. We have infinitely more in common with the Kurds than we do with the Islamofascists of the Turkish government. We have only about one- to two-hundred troops in Syria and an opportunity to help the Kurds set up a stable and defensible state of their own in northern Iraq. They have faithfully fought with us for years. It's Afghan we need to get out of now and then Syria once the Kurds are secure. I just hope this doesn't turn into a blood bath.

Last edited:

It is not worth the life of one American to save a million of those shitheads in the Middle East.
"To fight ISIS? Excuse me, but I thought they were defeated."

That's what you get for thinking, shithead. You don't have a clue.

We squished about 97% of ISIS...now the rest of the world can do something useful and clean up the last 3%...no reason we should have to do it!

We have been there to limit Russia's access. Without us there, Russia will likely swoop in there unrestricted with nothing stopping them in partnering with Iran, Syria and others and becoming the dominant power in the region. A strategic fail.

Especially to Israel.

I see you don't really give a damn about what's right; you just want to slam Trump and attack the only other real ally we have in that part of the world besides the Kurds.

We're doing pretty fucking amazing on "our side of the planet."

We can do even more amazing if we don't waste resources on international bullshit.
International bullshit is how we became the most successful nation in history. Don't be stupid.

That may be true, but it is still illegal and immoral imperialism and colonialism, and we should not do it.
How many millions of innocents do we have to murder in Vietnam, Panama, Chile, Haiti, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, etc.?

Sure a country can become wealthy, successful, and powerful by murdering people and stealing their resources, but then you become like ancient Rome, and the corruption destroys any good your country could have been.

We squished about 97% of ISIS...now the rest of the world can do something useful and clean up the last 3%...no reason we should have to do it!

Actually we did not fight ISIS at all, and instead defended ISIS by attacking the forces of Assad who were actually the only ones fighting ISIS.

We have been there to limit Russia's access. Without us there, Russia will likely swoop in there unrestricted with nothing stopping them in partnering with Iran, Syria and others and becoming the dominant power in the region. A strategic fail.

Nope.
Assad really did not have or want connections to Russia, but by us attacking Asssad, we forced Assad to go into the Russian camp.
Now Assad owes Russia, big time.
And we totally lost out.
We could have been Assad's ally instead of Russia, if only we had done the right thing and supplied Assad against ISIS and al Qaeda.

I find this deeply disturbing. The Kurds have always practiced a moderate form of Islam. They are pro-America, pro-Israel and pro-democracy. We have infinitely more in common with the Kurds than we do with the Islamofascists of the Turkish government. We have only about one- to two-hundred troops in Syria and an opportunity to help the Kurds set up a stable and defensible state of their own in northern Iraq. They have faithfully fought with us for years. It's Afghan we need to get out of now and then Syria once the Kurds are secure. I just hope this doesn't turn into a blood bath.

You are forgetting that Kurdistan was wiped off the map by the Allies of WWI, not anyone else.
And the Kurds want not just part of Iraq, but Syria, Iran, and Turkey.
So that is never going to happen.
Nor can the US legally help it happen.
There is no legal basis for any US troops in any part of Syria.

Why the hell are we in Israel to begin with?

Why did Trump deploy troops to Israel? Why did Trump put a permanent military base there?

For the first time in history, the United States on Monday established an official, permanent military base in Israel: an air defense base in the heart of the Negev desert.

Dozens of US Air Force soldiers will call home the new base, located inside the Israeli Air Force’s Mashabim Air Base, west of the towns of Dimona and Yerucham.

In first, US establishes permanent military base in Israel

US troops could be asked to die for Israel, top air force commander says

Last edited:

ISIS does not control any territory in Syria anymore, but there are still fighters hiding in the desert and in towns and cities. The Kurds are searching for them. The 2,000 U.S. troops there are helping them and advising them. They also prevent TURKEY from invading from the north which would disrupt the Kurds operations to hunt and find remaining ISIS members.

The U.S. pullout forces the Kurds to move troops away from chasing ISIS and deploy along the northern border to defend against the coming Turkish invasion. So now there is going to be no Kurdish or U.S. forces hunting ISIS. The danger is obvious and its a threat to the region, the world, and the United States.

Trump is an idiot and this is one more reason to impeach and remove his ass from office. Trump needs to go back to "reality" TV show drama. He is good at that and a lot of people find it entertaining.

But we don't need or want that Clown show stuff in the White House leading the country.

America doesn't protect anything anymore

Good. Why should we?

In every country we send soldiers to protect people, they burn the American flag and chant 'Death to America'.

Frak 'em.

Nope.
Assad really did not have or want connections to Russia, but by us attacking Asssad, we forced Assad to go into the Russian camp.
Now Assad owes Russia, big time.
And we totally lost out.
We could have been Assad's ally instead of Russia, if only we had done the right thing and supplied Assad against ISIS and al Qaeda.

Syria and the Assad family have been best friends with Russia since the early 1960s. Syria historically has been one of the largest buyers of Russian military equipment. Russian advisors, training, for decades. The Russian navy has always had a home at Syrian ports on the Mediteranian.

What no one seems to be discussing here is Turkey and it's wish to obliterate the Kurds. Erdogan calls up Trump and tells him to leave Syria so he can murder some people we call allies. And he does. Part of his stated reasoning behind this decision seems to be based on protecting his Istanbul real estate development.

If it turns out Erdogan successfully threatened Trump's buildings in Turkey as leverage to get us to abandon our allies and mission in Syria then we have a president compromised by his own wealth and greed. Now the other places Trump owns stuff will be calling him up saying: "Nice resort, be a shame if something happened to it".

Let's not pretend for a moment anyone here gives a fetid dingo's kidney for the Kurds.

If President Trump said he was committing two battalions of elite troops to protect the Kurds, every single Trump hater would be screaming 'war monger!' at the top of their voices.

I've been hearing the talking heads of the outraged media screaming 'The Kurds are our allies'.

Well, Israel has been the most steadfast allies of the US for decades and many in the Democratic Party are dedicated to facilitating Israel's destruction.

You thought wrong.

Forum List

Back