Why the hell are we having Muslim hearings?

so rep. Ellison engages in what has been broadcast wholesale across the networks as a moving homily to a man who was maligned because he was Muslim it was 911 etc etc.

Problem- he is wrong, very wrong. In fact, its bullshit.

heres ellison at the King hearing-

Muslim Rep. Keith Ellison breaks down in Muslim radicalization hearings - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

read the CBS commentary-

In testimony before the Homeland Security Committee's hearing on radicalization in the Muslim community Thursday, Minnesota Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison, one of two Muslim members of Congress, broke down in tears while delivering an emotional tribute to a young Muslim-American who lost his life in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks - and whose reputation was later maligned due to his faith.

Ellison, who argues that the hearings unjustly target the Muslim-American community for the acts of a few Islamic terrorists, closed his remarks with the story of 23-year-old Mohammed Salman Hamdani, a paramedic who died trying to save lives in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

"Mr. Hamdani bravely sacrificed his life to try and help others on 9/11. After the tragedy some people tried to smear his character solely because of his Islamic faith," Ellison said, his voice breaking. "Some people spread false rumors and speculated that he was in league with the attackers only because he was Muslim. It was only when his remains were identified that these lies were fully exposed."

"His life should not be defined as a member of an ethnic group or a member of a religion, but as an American who gave everything for his fellow citizens," he continued.

well, he was, he was honored before they even had his body in hand....

The congressman told a teachable story this morning. One problem: It’s untrue

This morning, Rep. Keith Ellison (Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, Minn.) appropriated a hearing on Islamic radicalism by weeping his way through a speech about whata-buncha-nasty-bigots Americans are. He chose as his case in point Mohammed Salman Hamdani, a Pakistani-born Muslim American who rushed to lower Manhattan on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, to assist in rescue efforts, and died in the collapse of the World Trade Center. Here’s how Representative Ellison tells the story of the aftermath of his death:

After the tragedy some people tried to smear his character solely because of his Islamic faith. Some people spread false rumors and speculated that he was in league with the attackers only because he was Muslim. It was only when his remains were identified that these lies were fully exposed. Mohammed Salman Hamdani was a fellow American who gave his life for other Americans. His life should not be defined as a member of an ethnic group or a member of a religion, but as an American who gave everything for his fellow citizens.

Does Ellison’s account check out with reality?

No. It is actually pretty close to the opposite of the truth. In fact, six weeks after the September 11 attacks — before Hamdani’s remains were identified, which Ellison implies to be the turning point of public perception — Congress signed the PATRIOT Act into law with this line included: “Many Arab Americans and Muslim Americans have acted heroically during the attacks on the United States, including Mohammed Salman Hamdani, a 23-year-old New Yorker of Pakistani descent, who is believed to have gone to the World Trade Center to offer rescue assistance and is now missing.” That is, Hamdani was actually singled out for particular high honors among the thousands of victims of the September 11 attacks.

There’s little evidence of the “rumors” of which Ellison speaks, either. Poke around yourself. Go to Google and search for Mohammed Salman Hamdani’s name, using various time frames from before today’s hearings (say, in the week after the September 11 attack). You’ll discover two discordant sets of returns: none for sites and news reports accusing Hamdani of being a terrorist, and many thousands of pages honoring him as a hero while claiming that he was “widely accused” of being a terrorist.

Rep. Keith Ellison

Ellison is sensationalist trash, and and is CBS, fact check anyone? they fact checked sarah palins wardrobe.

And at the same hearing-

who heard of this...

I googled-

Memphis man testifies his son was 'brainwashed' by Islamic radicals

heres the list at google..not one msm source, not one.

elelison speaks in front of king panel - Google Search

anyway, heres a link to his sons story his son how ate up Islamic radicalism and killed

WASHINGTON -- Memphian Melvin Bledsoe spoke to the nation Thursday, telling a congressional panel and an overflow hearing room that Islamic "hunters" brainwashed his son, Carlos, who went on to kill a military recruiter in Little Rock, and wounded another.

Apologizing to the families of those his son shot in 2009, Bledsoe said he wanted to talk about those complicit in the crime -- "Islamic radicals who programmed and trained my son, Carlos, to kill."

Bledsoe was the fifth of seven witnesses in a more than four-hour hearing on the "radicalization" of domestic Muslims and the response of the Muslim community called by Homeland Security Committee chairman Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.

Bledsoe, 55, said he knew something was wrong with his son when he announced he'd converted to Islam while away at Tennessee State University in Nashville and took down the picture of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that hung on his bedroom wall.

Memphis man testifies his son was 'brainwashed' by Islamic radicals » The Commercial Appeal

wheres the networks on this?

Absent. They're really afraid of reprisals. Only thing it can be.

If Congress can have hearings on Toyota (right after the Government invested in GM) and Steroid Use in Baseball, one would think that hearings regarding people who have declared war on us would be reasonable.

Of course, this assumes that one thinks.

If Congress can have hearings on Toyota (right after the Government invested in GM) and Steroid Use in Baseball, one would think that hearings regarding people who have declared war on us would be reasonable.

Of course, this assumes that one thinks.

Yeah. Too bad Peter King is taking such vitriol for his stance... (which *I* support Mr. King BTW)...It's high time to grab the bull by the balls and cease this PC nonsense.

So nice that you can speak for a billion people

It's questions for retards time again...

So this is a multiple choice question:

Muslims follow the words of whom?

a.) George Bush
b.) Muhammad
c.) Spike Lee

If the answer is "b," which it is (go back and change it!) and the words posted were by Muhammad, then it is Muhammad who speaks for and order a billion people....

The radicals that live and go to mosque with our fellow Americans, terrorise the moderates.

they force them to live in fear of going to the authorities.

But the left supports this terror in fear that we might hurt some ones feelings about racism.

So why does the left support living in fear?

Maybe someone has already answered but the reason is simple. Muslims are a distraction from the tough issues republican policies created.

Yep, towers falling, shoe bombings, underwear bombings, NY car bombings, FT. Hood slaughters, ad naseum - all just minor distractions...

The lower the IQ - the further to the left........

No, they just gun down people IN church.

Can you show anyone supporting or excusing Scott Roeder the way you of the left support and damn near celebrate Maj. Hasan?

Also, Roeder killed only the abortionist Tiller - your Islamic heroes kill indiscriminately.

Yer not real bright, you sure aren't very honest, just WTF DO you have going for you?

Can you show anyone supporting or excusing Scott Roeder the way you of the left support and damn near celebrate Maj. Hasan?

Also, Roeder killed only the abortionist Tiller - your Islamic heroes kill indiscriminately.

Yer not real bright, you sure aren't very honest, just WTF DO you have going for you?

You don't remember the threads about how Roeder was a Hero? I sure do.

At least I'm not so insecure about my intelligence that I have to pretend others are not very bright.

And I am quite honest...perhaps you have trouble recognizing honesty when you see it?

And as for what I have going for me....I'm not like you, and that is certainly an improvement.

You don't remember the threads about how Roeder was a Hero?

There weren't any. (Other than by leftist trolls seeking to smear.)

I sure do.

You have no integrity - I think I won't take your word for it.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1246984-post2.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1247039-post14.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1247219-post66.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1247380-post95.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1247500-post100.html

and so on in a very long thread....

And so on and so forth....

scott roeder hero - Google Search

Forum List

Back