Why The Fuss?

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The Washington establishment and its kept media are feigning outrage over the fact that the governor of Illinois has been selling political favors. So far, the biggest laugh line came from federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, who claimed that Abraham Lincoln would roll over in his grave if he were to know that an Illinois politician was selling political favors to the highest bidder.

Pay-to-Play: Why the Fuss? by Thomas DiLorenzo

An interesting look at the Illinois Governor scandal by Thomas J. DiLorenzo.

One cannot help but note the sheer hypocracy of the crocodile outrage that's being piled on Blago by our political system

Our ENTIRE POLITICAL SYSTEM is a quid pro quo system, folks.

I presume Blago's real crime is failing to pretend that it was anything but that.

In other words the Blago was simply not a smooth enough operator to be good at asking for and accepting bribes in the way that it is done now.

I do not doubt he's made his share of enemies along the way, either, so what I think we're really seeing is a dogpiling by his fellow pols.

They are basically driving a less than adaquate hypocrite (and probably somebody who has pissed off the wrong people) from their midst.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back