Why Some Women Hate Sarah Palin

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Some polls are suggesting that after gaining an initial bump, McCain's campaign is being hobbled by Sarah Palin's vice-presidential candidacy. The voters who are deserting her fastest, some of whom are even calling on her to withdraw, are mostly women.

Ah, women, the consistently, tragically underestimated constituency. What the Democrats learned during the primaries and the Republicans might now be finding out the hard way, I learned at my very academic, well-regarded all-girls high school: that is never to discount the ability of women to open a robust, committed, well-thought-out vat of hatred for another girl.

Women are weapons-grade haters. Hillary Clinton knows it. Palin knows it too. When women get their hate on, they don't just dislike, or find disfavor with, or sort of not really appreciate. They loathe — deeply, richly, sustainingly. I do not say this to disparage my gender; women also love in more or less the same way.

More here

Some polls are suggesting that after gaining an initial bump, McCain's campaign is being hobbled by Sarah Palin's vice-presidential candidacy. The voters who are deserting her fastest, some of whom are even calling on her to withdraw, are mostly women.

Ah, women, the consistently, tragically underestimated constituency. What the Democrats learned during the primaries and the Republicans might now be finding out the hard way, I learned at my very academic, well-regarded all-girls high school: that is never to discount the ability of women to open a robust, committed, well-thought-out vat of hatred for another girl.

Women are weapons-grade haters. Hillary Clinton knows it. Palin knows it too. When women get their hate on, they don't just dislike, or find disfavor with, or sort of not really appreciate. They loathe — deeply, richly, sustainingly. I do not say this to disparage my gender; women also love in more or less the same way.

More here

Damn if that aint the truth. !:lol:

Which part?

Keep hatin' on women, boys, I'm sure that will go down a treat with 50% of Americans.

I don't hate Sarah Palin.

I find her to be funny, charming and quite engaging as a person.

I disagree with her fundamentally on several key issues and therefore would not vote for a ticket that she was on.

I voted for Hillary during the primaries and would have been satisfied if she won the nomination.

As a rule, I vote for women running for Congress and City Counsil position before I vote for men, regardless of party.

I think it's categorically false to say that women hate women just to hate them. there is usually a basis for that hate. Sometimes the basis if jealousy or bitterness. Sometimes it's much more tangible.

It seems that women started turning on Palin when Palin started talking. Perhaps the main issue with Palin is that she poorly represents women and therefore is looked upon as setting back our efforts to gain respect and position in national politics.

Hillary lost the primary not because women turned on her.. quite the opposite. She lost the primary because she forgot to run an honorable campaign. She turned into the dirty mud slinging typical politician. For her it was more about winning that showing some integrity.

I believe if she hadn't sunk so low and made so many personal attacks she might've gotten the nod for VP.

Hillary burned her own bridge there.

Palin did too.

I disagree with her fundamentally on several key issues and therefore would not vote for a ticket that she was on.

I voted for Hillary during the primaries and would have been satisfied if she won the nomination.

As a rule, I vote for women running for Congress and City Counsil position before I vote for men, regardless of party.

I think it's categorically false to say that women hate women just to hate them. there is usually a basis for that hate. Sometimes the basis if jealousy or bitterness. Sometimes it's much more tangible.

It seems that women started turning on Palin when Palin started talking. Perhaps the main issue with Palin is that she poorly represents women and therefore is looked upon as setting back our efforts to gain respect and position in national politics.

Hillary lost the primary not because women turned on her.. quite the opposite. She lost the primary because she forgot to run an honorable campaign. She turned into the dirty mud slinging typical politician. For her it was more about winning that showing some integrity.

I believe if she hadn't sunk so low and made so many personal attacks she might've gotten the nod for VP.

Palin did too.
Wait, you mean I'm supposed to hate Hillary, too? Something isn't adding up here. :confused:

Palin did too.

The article doesn't SAY women hate women just to hate them.

So are high school girls supposed to be a microcosm of the adult women in America? Lord help us...
I don't hate Palin, but I don't feel she's qualified to be President. Just like I didn't feel GW was qualified. I also don't hold the same beliefs as her on a variety of important issues. It's especially dissapointing to see the first woman with a serious shot of being elected rejecting the inherent right of a woman to chose what she does with her body. It's that simple. That's why women don't support Palin...Palin doesn't support women, and hasn't porven herself to be qualified for the job. We're not taken in by a smile, a wink, and a great set of tits, like so many men

But the first male to open his mouth in a cat fight will be immediately castrated by both parties.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxwy3Qkej2s&feature=related]YouTube - Girl knocks out Dude[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B353A9SeMF8&feature=related[/ame]

be good now

Last edited:
So are high school girls supposed to be a microcosm of the adult women in America? Lord help us...
I don't hate Palin, but I don't feel she's qualified to be President. Just like I didn't feel GW was qualified. I also don't hold the same beliefs as her on a variety of important issues. It's especially dissapointing to see the first woman with a serious shot of being elected rejecting the inherent right of a woman to chose what she does with her body. It's that simple. That's why women don't support Palin...Palin doesn't support women, and hasn't porven herself to be qualified for the job. We're not taken in by a smile, a wink, and a great set of tits, like so many men

Lots of women support Palin--who are you trying to kid?

According to the article, for SOME women, it's true. However, it is from Time and CNN so I wouldn't take it as gospel.
Okay, fair enough. Then those SOME women are stupid. It isn't any woman's fault that she doesn't like Palin, btw. It's Palin's fault, and her job, to make people like her. And pissing and moaning that all these women are somehow at fault is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back