Why shouldn't we meddle in the affairs of Iran?

But, NOW Obama has 'condemned' the regime's crackdown. :eek: So now will they say the US is behind all their upheaval, whoops, they already did.

Interesting that now the Grand Wizard over there is giving another 5 days for election review, contrary to what he said earlier today.

Could it be that Obama's 'instincts' on this were wrong and now he's got it right? :eusa_whistle:

No one with an ounce of common sense was calling for 'war', 'invasion', or even channeling of arms...

Yeah, they weren't in the spring of 2002 either, except behind closed doors. :eusa_whistle:

You do realize you are a twisted fuktard, right?

Realizing it would be the first step toward recovery.

If the status quo keeps going, Iran develops nuclear weapons, expels more foreigners, represses a young, educated movement and could trigger a war. If we help the young movement and work to oust Khamenei et. all, we could not only stop the development of nukes, have a more open relationship with Iran, completely eliminate the possibility of war and even trade oil with Iran increasing the supply in the US and lower our gas prices. Why isn't this a win-win situation for the US?

Its a win for Israel only. Iran has nothing to do with the US.

Israel has nothing to do with Iran. If a more, pro-western democracy arrises in Iran, but does not recognize Israel, then who cares about how it helps Israel?

I agree with your basic premise, that the people deserve our support. That said....

Generally, US interventions have been either unsuccessful, as in Vietnam, or disastrous, as in the case of Cuba. Paradoxically, the US best interest is not what is best for us, but in making sure that we support free expression and honest elections. We should make sure that we support the people against the bad guys. Even if they are our bad guys.

And the whole farce here is a debate between two almost identical looney tunes. But the Iranian people seem to have a preference which was spat on, and we should support them in their choice. But lets make it clear that this Mousavi jerk isn't even our 29,658,215th choice. We support the people to freely elect their leaders, not the leaders themselves.

What do you have against Mousavi?

But, NOW Obama has 'condemned' the regime's crackdown. :eek: So now will they say the US is behind all their upheaval, whoops, they already did.

Interesting that now the Grand Wizard over there is giving another 5 days for election review, contrary to what he said earlier today.

Could it be that Obama's 'instincts' on this were wrong and now he's got it right? :eusa_whistle:

No one with an ounce of common sense was calling for 'war', 'invasion', or even channeling of arms...

I think we need to figure out a way on how to get weapons in the hands of the revolutionaries of Iran.

I guess I lack commonsense.

I think we need to figure out a way on how to get weapons in the hands of the revolutionaries of Iran.

The last thing that is needed is to arm the Iranian protesters. If the present religious zealots who form the Iranian dictatorship are to be toppled it will not be achieved by an armed mob. Their objective must be to turn the army, or elements of the army and there are already indications that this may be happening, according to the twitter and other reports coming out of Iran. In fact, it is alleged that the regular armed forces have already indicated to the IRGC that they will not open fire on civilians.

It is the Mullahs' militia, the Basij, who are brutalising and killing the demonstrators. They have no qualms about killing or razoring men, women or children who demonstrate against their religious masters. But, every civilian they kill or maim represents another nail in the coffin of of this despicable regime. Those in the regular armed forces do not want to be associated with these murdering thugs, but arm the people and that situation would likely change.

:rofl:

a ZIONIST looking for any way to undermine Iran??? Say it ain't SO, Joe!

Indeed, after we offer support for the struggling class of Iranians we can hit ISRAEL next and force then to comply with the same standards of equality that we, and apparently Iran, must abide by.

now, watch as super mossad agent 358 insists that israel is different and isn't under the jurisdiction of the same global court he just condemned Iran under. For real, if irony were food then jews wouldn't have had to make up that whole MANA from heaven myth.

oh, you mean like how some people in some muslim nations think it's a good idea to arm paelstinians? Gosh, beaver, don't we call that terrorism when THEY do it?

:lol:

:clap2:

We're not "meddling" in Iran, that's just a old worn out diversionary tactic they like to use to change the subject. We should condemn them, if not for any other reason than they have proved to be as---oles. If their people are reaching out to us it's only because they want the freedoms the west enjoys. The youth of the world are far more sophisticated than we give them credit for. It doesn't matter what kind of cave dwellers their parents are, many are in-touch with much of what is going on in the world and they were the first to hit the streets over there. They have very legitimate complaints and the Iranian dictatorship has good reason to be concerned...their days are numbered.

oh, you mean like how some people in some muslim nations think it's a good idea to arm paelstinians? Gosh, beaver, don't we call that terrorism when THEY do it?

:lol:

:clap2:
I still recall Reagan's Arms for Hostages, don't you?

Forum List

Back