Why shouldn't we meddle in the affairs of Iran?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
If the status quo keeps going, Iran develops nuclear weapons, expels more foreigners, represses a young, educated movement and could trigger a war. If we help the young movement and work to oust Khamenei et. all, we could not only stop the development of nukes, have a more open relationship with Iran, completely eliminate the possibility of war and even trade oil with Iran increasing the supply in the US and lower our gas prices. Why isn't this a win-win situation for the US?

If the status quo keeps going, Iran develops nuclear weapons, expels more foreigners, represses a young, educated movement and could trigger a war. If we help the young movement and work to oust Khamenei et. all, we could not only stop the development of nukes, have a more open relationship with Iran, completely eliminate the possibility of war and even trade oil with Iran increasing the supply in the US and lower our gas prices. Why isn't this a win-win situation for the US?

Because the chance of it backfiring on us is huge.

It's the Iranian government that's in turmoil. They're working in their own arena to make known their desire for freer democratic principles and their own brand of freedom... not ours. It's also a general consensus of opinion that, whomever is at the helm, there's no guarantee that it will make that big a difference in Iranian political policies. The protest is against a rigged election... not foreign policy.

I don't often agree with Obama... but, I think on this issue he's acting rationally. JMHO

But, NOW Obama has 'condemned' the regime's crackdown. :eek: So now will they say the US is behind all their upheaval, whoops, they already did.

Interesting that now the Grand Wizard over there is giving another 5 days for election review, contrary to what he said earlier today.

Could it be that Obama's 'instincts' on this were wrong and now he's got it right? :eusa_whistle:

No one with an ounce of common sense was calling for 'war', 'invasion', or even channeling of arms...

You've constructed a nice, solid box, wrapped it in shiny paper and tied it with a ribbon. When did any religious issue fit so neatly into something like that? And, really, this is a religious issue, if only because some people believe it to be so.

Read more history. You'll answer the question for yourself.

But, NOW Obama has 'condemned' the regime's crackdown. :eek: So now will they say the US is behind all their upheaval, whoops, they already did.

Interesting that now the Grand Wizard over there is giving another 5 days for election review, contrary to what he said earlier today.

Could it be that Obama's 'instincts' on this were wrong and now he's got it right? :eusa_whistle:

No one with an ounce of common sense was calling for 'war', 'invasion', or even channeling of arms...

Yeah, they weren't in the spring of 2002 either, except behind closed doors. :eusa_whistle:

Meddling in Iran's affairs has never gone well for us in the past, and there's no reason to believe it would go well this time. Not to mention we have no right to do so, and can't afford to do so.

Yeah, they weren't in the spring of 2002 either, except behind closed doors. :eusa_whistle:

and there is nothing going on behind closed doors now ? Promise ?
The CIA isn't currently conducting operations to destabilize Iran under Obama's watch and with his full approval ? Are you sure Maggie ?

The CIA isn't currently conducting operations to destabilize Iran under Obama's watch and with his full approval ? Are you sure Maggie ?
MM is unhinged. Not worth responding to.

The only winner to come out of a leadership change in Iran would be Israel.

Isreal would still be the lone nuclear bully in the ME

The Iranian Jews would become Israel's money brokers and control the banks.

Forcing the Iranian government to submitt to Zionist demands.

The new Iranian government would be just a puppet. With Israel pulling the strings.

Worst of all, Iranian school children would be taught to accept the Holohoax as a real historical event.

The United States wouldn't achieve squat out of the deal. :evil:

I'm hoping the CIA has better intelligence operations in both Iran and Iraq. Sure, there's a lot going on behind closed doors--but I can guarangoddamnedtee it isn't an invasion.

:lol: I think your problem with me is that you've met your match, "Annie." But I've got a long way to catch up with your 41,000 postings. Don't give up now!! :(

:lol: I think your problem with me is that you've met your match, "Annie." But I've got a long way to catch up with your 41,000 postings. Don't give up now!! :(

You've not a clue. You are incorrect though, you aren't my 'match.' There may be some, but it's not you.

Its a win for Israel only. Iran has nothing to do with the US.

I'm hoping the CIA has better intelligence operations in both Iran and Iraq. Sure, there's a lot going on behind closed doors--but I can guarangoddamnedtee it isn't an invasion.

ahhh this is where the HOPE part comes in. But the truth of the matter is that you don't know do you ?

I agree with your basic premise, that the people deserve our support. That said....

Generally, US interventions have been either unsuccessful, as in Vietnam, or disastrous, as in the case of Cuba. Paradoxically, the US best interest is not what is best for us, but in making sure that we support free expression and honest elections. We should make sure that we support the people against the bad guys. Even if they are our bad guys.

And the whole farce here is a debate between two almost identical looney tunes. But the Iranian people seem to have a preference which was spat on, and we should support them in their choice. But lets make it clear that this Mousavi jerk isn't even our 29,658,215th choice. We support the people to freely elect their leaders, not the leaders themselves.

I agree with your basic premise, that the people deserve our support. That said....

Generally, US interventions have been either unsuccessful, as in Vietnam, or disastrous, as in the case of Cuba. Paradoxically, the US best interest is not what is best for us, but in making sure that we support free expression and honest elections. We should make sure that we support the people against the bad guys. Even if they are our bad guys.

And the whole farce here is a debate between two almost identical looney tunes. But the Iranian people seem to have a preference which was spat on, and we should support them in their choice. But lets make it clear that this Mousavi jerk isn't even our 29,658,215th choice. We support the people to freely elect their leaders, not the leaders themselves.

that's about as far as I would recommend ! good call

Because a fake revolution of the people won't have the staying power of a real revolution of the people, that's why.

Its a win for Israel only. Iran has nothing to do with the US.

Hardly, it would be a win for the US, Europe - who loves to trade with the mid east, Israel, and the iranians who actually have a brain and can think for themselves.

Think of all the countries iran is "meddling" in, Lebanon, Iraq, Israel (WB/Gaza), Syria, Afghanistan, etc.

Think of how much calmer the mid east would be if a fundamentalist, diseased regime of fascist murderers was not funding the worst animals on earth to de-stabilize the region.

Israel and the pals could have resolved their issue 15 years ago had hamas not come into being...

You do realize you are a twisted fuktard, right?

Forum List

Back