Why Romney Is a Foreign Policy Lightweight

Still no one has answered specifically what Romney would do to fix the ME. It stands to reason if those who think Obama had no experience 4 years ago think he is doing a bad job, what makes you think Romney with no experience will do a good job? He is using Bush's foreign policy advisers so should he start another war or exactly what?

It also stands to reason those who supported Obama four years ago when he had no foreign policy experience and feel he is doing a good job should have no problem with Romney's lack of it. I don't think the middle east can be fixed and at this point in time my personal opinion is close down all embassies there pull all American personal out and let these radical nuts fight and kill each other to their hearts content and unless they attack America or a Allie be done with them and the region.

Lightweight? He's a walking Blooper Reel.

IF Romney is elected he will probably ditch the Vichy Americans and govern from the center. PRyan will do whatever it takes to get media coverage, and bow to Romney on the actual issue at hand. PRyan is a PROFESSIONAL butt kisser.

Lightweight? He's a walking Blooper Reel.

IF Romney is elected he will probably ditch the Vichy Americans and govern from the center. PRyan will do whatever it takes to get media coverage, and bow to Romney on the actual issue at hand. PRyan is a PROFESSIONAL butt kisser.

"Probably"? So you believe he is lying?

Romney has the same policy as Bush

Diplomacy is for pussies
Attack first, find a reason later
My way or the highway
America is exceptional, we make no mistakes and you guys must do as we say

LOL, and Obama A JUNIOR Senator of ONE TERM was some HEAVEY weight at Foreign policy when he became king...

as we see today, NOT

I think a better question would be, what would Romney be better at?

The answer?

Creating more jobs.. IN CHINA, INDIA AND PAKISTAN! Outsourcing!
Increasing the military budget so we can have more wars!
Giving the rich more tax breaks and loop holes!

I think a better question would be, what would Romney be better at?

The answer?

Creating more jobs.. IN CHINA, INDIA AND PAKISTAN! Outsourcing!
Increasing the military budget so we can have more wars!
Giving the rich more tax breaks and loop holes!

well you got the talking points down

I still haven't heard Romney or any of his supporters say what Romney would do differently in the middle east.

What is Romney's position on drone attacks (he says Obama is weak and lacks resolve, yet bin Laden and many al Qaeda leaders are dead), Afghanistan? He wants to defeat the Taliban not negotiate. Does this mean we leave 10's of thousands of troops there then?

Why Romney Is a Foreign Policy Lightweight

His ideas range from vague to ill-informed to downright dangerous

...Second, in this election in particular, Mitt Romney’s statements on foreign policy range from vague to ill-informed to downright dangerous.

Does Romney believe the things that he’s said about arms control, Russia, the Middle East, the defense budget, and the rest? Who can say? He has no experience on any of these issues. But his advisers do; they represent, mainly, the Dick Cheney wing of the Republican Party (some, notably John Bolton, veer well to the right of even that). While not all presidents wind up following their advisers, Romney has placed his byline atop some of his coterie’s most egregious arguments—not least, several op-ed pieces against President Obama’s New START with Russia, pieces that rank as the most ignorant I’ve read in nearly 40 years of following the nuclear debate.

In any case, Romney does not explain what he would have done differently in Obama’s place. Would he have stood shoulder to shoulder with our old ally, Mubarak? (That would have served America’s image very badly and wouldn’t have saved Mubarak’s hide in the end.) Would he have poured billions of dollars in aid and investment into Egypt at the first sign of Mubarak’s fall? (Extremely doubtful.) Would he have demanded that the military turn over power more completely to the parliament? (If so, how?)

I wonder if Mittens even knows who the "Taliban" we are engaging in Afgahnistan are, and how this supposedly rag tag group of war lords has managed to stay viable against the might of the Russians for all those years and now us for all those years. I wonder if it has occured to him that the fighting element of those people actually has a seemingly inexhaustable supply of new soldiers and weapons springing like an artesian well from Pakistan. If it WAS JUST Afgahnistan Taliban with no support from Pakistan we would have killed all of them by now.

Either Mittens is just cinically suggesting he would WIN against the Taliban, where apparently Obama and Bush and Clinton and Bush and Reagan and The USSR couldn't defeat them, for some vague political gain OR he really doesn't have a clue to the dynamics of the region and he is just talking out of his ass.

Either way he isn't taking that part of the world seriously and should shut up about it unless he tells the world a specific plan on how he could accomplish something we and the Russians haven't been able to succeed in.

lol, Romney isn't taking (that part) of the world seriously.. Like this administration IS..?

But if Romney would speak out on things, we get you lefties whining he is OVERSTEPPING HIS BOUNDS..there is no middle ground with you liberals...

vote this administration OUT, we are seeing Obama wasn't up to the task in Foreign policy..

lets just hope it doesn't come onto our home front, NEXT

Last edited:
LOL, and Obama A JUNIOR Senator of ONE TERM was some HEAVEY weight at Foreign policy when he became king...

as we see today, NOT

Obama served on the Senate foreign relations Comittee and you still have no clue what a Junior Senator is

Ha...Ha... What would impress you Stefunny is most certainly a very deep subject for a shallow mind. :lol:

stick with the topic or don't:eusa_whistle:

I laid out a fairly concise post on what I think about Romney's statement on "War with the Taliban". Care to comment on it? Or are you too busy being impressed with cute "puppy" videos... :lol:

I read your statement and commented on it...just that mine wasn't some long winded pile of bs..

lol, Romney isn't taking (that part) of the world seriously.. Like this administration IS..?

But if Romney would speak out on things, we get you lefties whining he is OVERSTEPPING HIS BOUNDS..there is no middle ground with you liberals...

vote this administration OUT, we are seeing Obama wasn't up to the task in Foreign policy..

lets just hope it doesn't come onto our home front, NEXT

This is your comment on my post? Real deep Stef... :lol: You ability to reduce complex problems to small dribbles of drool is breathtaking.. Thanks for the input.

Romney has the same policy as Bush

Diplomacy is for pussies
Attack first, find a reason later
My way or the highway
America is exceptional, we make no mistakes and you guys must do as we say

Do you ever tire of posting caricatures handed to you by liberal commentators?

Forum List

Back