Why Republicans are Pwnd

Well then people must really like evil, because republicans are enjoying a massive lead going into this Novembers elections.

Yes, I agree.

But don't you think the goal should be a little higher than being "We are The Party That Is The Lesser of Two Evils?"

Fuck these guys: They have a golden opportunity, and they're pissing it away.

They're really screwed either way they go. The general population has bought in to the idea of a nanny state, and have become largely dependent sheep, as long as the monthly check rolls in. If republicans had the spine to fight this (which they don't), then they lose votes of much of the dependent class, regardless of their stance on social issues that many people support. If they just go on as is, they have about a 50-50 chance. Republicans have become fairly indistinguishable from their opponents in reality. They talk the talk, but walking the walk will lose the game for them. This train is on a fast-track to nowhere.

The general population is speaking through rallys all over the country, most recently "Restoring Honor" on August 28th, but the Repubs still have their heads up their asses because they are ignoring and not embrasing the spirit of the occasion. As a result, they will lose votes to third party candidates, and jeapordise elections that will be lost to Dems.

Thanks, but understand that my purpose is to criticize the propensity of Repub/Cons for the time and effort they spend DEFENDING themselves against ridiculous accusations instead of ATTACKING the huge body of Dem/Lib failings.

As we read the thread we see the symptoms of why Repubs/Cons are afflicted with this malady.

They once again are comfortably, I daresay, ARROGANTLY, sitting back and watching and waiting. This is astonishing mainly because it was exactly this position that has placed them in the unfavorable political light they were in during November 2008.

I'm not sure I agree with that premise, in fact, I'm sure that I DON'T. If the previous administration was not a COLOSSAL failure then I don't know what is. They, the CON$, should HAVE to answer for that...they still haven't, other than losing seats and support. They have not retracted the POLICIES that brought on the failures that we're currently suffering from.

Attacking that is not only FAIR, its JUST.

On the other hand you have CON$ slinging constant dung and fear about "Death Panels" and "Pallin' around with Terrorists" and "Faux racism" and "He's unAmerican" and "Not a Christian" and "He's really a Muslim" and whatever else...CONSTANTLY keeping the Dems on the defense. For totally RIDICULOUS and bogus , asinine claims.

I think you are absolutely insane if you see it the other way around.

I didn't peg you for a raving lunatic, but I may have to reconsider my initial assessment if this is what you're peddling.

Well, you're probably not going to appreciate the difference between whatever Palin, or Hannity, or Beck, or any other "CON$" are saying, and what the REPUBLICAN PARTY is saying.

My point is that Repubs are sitting on their asses, when there are plenty of REAL Democrat targets they could pursue. There are many opportunities to offer BETTER solutions, but they are ignoring these.

The Republican Party is deaf, dumb, and mute.

Yes, I agree.

But don't you think the goal should be a little higher than being "We are The Party That Is The Lesser of Two Evils?"

They're really screwed either way they go. The general population has bought in to the idea of a nanny state, and have become largely dependent sheep, as long as the monthly check rolls in. If republicans had the spine to fight this (which they don't), then they lose votes of much of the dependent class, regardless of their stance on social issues that many people support. If they just go on as is, they have about a 50-50 chance. Republicans have become fairly indistinguishable from their opponents in reality. They talk the talk, but walking the walk will lose the game for them. This train is on a fast-track to nowhere.

The general population is speaking through rallys all over the country, most recently "Restoring Honor" on August 28th, but the Repubs still have their heads up their asses because they are ignoring and not embrasing the spirit of the occasion. As a result, they will lose votes to third party candidates, and jeapordise elections that will be lost to Dems.

A small segment of the general population. Most of the general population doesn't give a whit about anything besides what they can get in the form of government security token on one form or another. The Republicans have their heads up their asses, no doubt. They can't legitimately embrace the spirit of the occasion, because they know that if they do, they will lose support from the dependent class who supports their social conservative views. They are trying to play it safe by staying uncommitted. The dems don't have much to worry about except in rare instances such as we have now, with Obama et al trying to spend us into ruin. This is, in my estimation, the only reason Republicans have a chance to regain control of the House. People aren't so much voting for Republicans, as they are voting against Obama and his ineptness at dealing with out financial problems.

A small segment of the general population. Most of the general population doesn't give a whit about anything besides what they can get in the form of government security token on one form or another. The Republicans have their heads up their asses, no doubt. They can't legitimately embrace the spirit of the occasion, because they know that if they do, they will lose support from the dependent class who supports their social conservative views. They are trying to play it safe by staying uncommitted. The dems don't have much to worry about except in rare instances such as we have now, with Obama et al trying to spend us into ruin. This is, in my estimation, the only reason Republicans have a chance to regain control of the House. People aren't so much voting for Republicans, as they are voting against Obama and his ineptness at dealing with out financial problems.

I disagree.

A. A "small segment of the population" fought in the revolutionary war.

B. For each person you see demonstrating, there are many that are not.

I disagree.

A couple of thoughts-
The small portion of the population who fought in the revolutionary war had guns and guts, but the fight was for independence from a perceived state of tyranny, in which there was no government payouts to keep the population dependent. The small portion of the population now who demostrates, and those who you don't see demonstrating, is not as large as the number of those who want monetary security from the state now. The people have been bought and paid for, and the trend is growing.

I'm not sure I agree with that premise, in fact, I'm sure that I DON'T. If the previous administration was not a COLOSSAL failure then I don't know what is.

Then you don't know what is.

They, the CON$, should HAVE to answer for that...they still haven't, other than losing seats and support. They have not retracted the POLICIES that brought on the failures that we're currently suffering from.

Thats because Conservative policies were never implemented. When exactly did government shrink in size? When were the borders closed? When did we Restore the check and balances the states were supposed to have on the Federal Government?

Tell me. When were any of these policies followed?

Attacking that is not only FAIR, its JUST.

So you got your own policies just not as extreme and you are upset that this nation is going in the wrong direction?

Your enemies give you the policies you espouse in order to placate everyone and you aren't satisfied. In the end, no one was placated and our nation is even more screwed up then ever before.

On the other hand you have CON$ slinging constant dung and fear about "Death Panels" and "Pallin' around with Terrorists" and "Faux racism" and "He's unAmerican" and "Not a Christian" and "He's really a Muslim" and whatever else...CONSTANTLY keeping the Dems on the defense. For totally RIDICULOUS and bogus , asinine claims.

Death panels? You mean the people who are going to decide how to ration health care? The ones you swear don't exist despite the fact that they obviously do?

He's a muslim? You mean the faux issue created by the media through their polling? That issue?

Nevermind the absolute corruption from this administration and Congress. You honestly think that those are the extent of the arguments against Democrats? You mean the massive spending in the so called stimulus bill that just paid off Obama campaign contributors? You mean the fact that the Congress and Administration ignored the will of the people and passed a 2000+ page bill none of them bothered to read in an attempt to strip people of excellent health care and put life and death matters in their hands? Sure that's not a valid criticism.

Or maybe the moritorium on offshore drilling that coincided with massive incompetance during the oil spill? The one that destroys jobs along the coast and ships the rigs to Brazil where they can drill at deeper more dangerous debts and increase the profits for one George Soros who is telling the Administration to create the policy in the first place.

Newflash genius. Just because you ignore the valid criticisms and focus on the nonsense claims the media tries to distract us with doesn't mean your Democrats are pure as the wind driven snow. It just means you have no intellectual honesty to deal with the issues.

I think you are absolutely insane if you see it the other way around.

Of course you do. How on earth could anyone honestly disagree with you? I mean after all, you're so much smarter than the rest of us. They'd have to be insane not to kiss your ass every moment of the day.

I mean never mind the fact that you agreed with Samson when you obviously had no idea what he was talking about and are not trying to backpeddal. You are so much smarter than everyone else around.

I didn't peg you for a raving lunatic, but I may have to reconsider my initial assessment if this is what you're peddling.

Samson is not crazy. He simply isnt a dishonest partisan hack.

Well, you're probably not going to appreciate the difference between whatever Palin, or Hannity, or Beck, or any other "CON$" are saying, and what the REPUBLICAN PARTY is saying.

My point is that Repubs are sitting on their asses, when there are plenty of REAL Democrat targets they could pursue. There are many opportunities to offer BETTER solutions, but they are ignoring these.

The Republican Party is deaf, dumb, and mute.
The leadership isn't correcting the CON$ with anything, so they are willing participants. That's number 1.

Furthermore, as I've stated before, they've been already on the attack...so I'm not certain who or what more you want them to attack on.

I do agree with you, however, that these people are dumb, deaf and mute.

Hence I always say...The RepubliCON$ are really TOAST!!

I disagree.

A couple of thoughts-
The small portion of the population who fought in the revolutionary war had guns and guts, but the fight was for independence from a perceived state of tyranny, in which there was no government payouts to keep the population dependent. The small portion of the population now who demostrates, and those who you don't see demonstrating, is not as large as the number of those who want monetary security from the state now. The people have been bought and paid for, and the trend is growing.

Again I disagree, and history disagrees: Most Americans that were loyalists (Tories) were invested in the crown. Indeed, many were compensated by the crown, even after the revolution and had lost their property.

But we digress: My analogy wasn't meant to be perfect.

The fact is that there IS a grass roots movement of discontent, however large or small, and Republicans seem to be avoiding it like the plague. In politics that may be won by a small margin, this seems incomprehensible.

I think it is hilarious that it constantly switches from Republican to Democrat and back again and every year we have less rights and less prosperity while government size and control grows. Did you ever suspect you guys are being played for fools by the ruling elite? When will you realize the Constitution is a dead letter and the government is becoming an enemy of the people.

Congratulations on posting without your usual cut and paste anti-semite crap.

Ya wanna know why?

Because dems can attack a single Republican candidate and rest assured that republicans will ignore any Democrat's failings.

Take Jan Brewer for example.

Libs can start half a dozen threads Attacking Brewer. They all get hundreds, maybe thousands of hits and replies.

Now take Charlie Rangle, or Maxine Waters.........other than a bunch of racial commentary from the right, the left will remain quiet.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/132106-rangle-for-congress.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/132109-maxine-waters-a-voice-for-the-voiceless.html

Or take White Democrats under ethics investigation! Hell, if they're white, then Cons giv'em a pass !!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/132120-another-democrat-accepting-bribes.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/132110-pete-visclosky-d-ethics-scrutiny.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/132121-a-democrat-worse-than-brewer.html

That works with the liberal media not with the voters. That's why no matter how the liberal media attacked him, Reagan won with a landslide twice. So did Bush 43 in 2004.

Republicans did in 1994, and 2002 midterms despite the cries of the liberal media.

Sometimes the liberal media can fool the people, as they did in 1976, 1992, 1996 and 2008.

It's going to be harder and harder now for them to pull the same games. The electorate has woken up to the game, and their ratings are slipping.

;)

So, when Democrats win it's because they "fooled the people" but when Republicans win it's......what?

The fact is that there IS a grass roots movement of discontent, however large or small, and Republicans seem to be avoiding it like the plague. In politics that may be won by a small margin, this seems incomprehensible.

There is a grass roots movement. I am a part of it. Republicans are scared shitless of it because it requires that they adhere to principles rather than rhetoric. They are cowards.

So, when Democrats win it's because they "fooled the people" but when Republicans win it's......what?

Lately? It's because they've fooled the people.

Republicans run on principles and then they break them the second they get to Washington. They run as something different than Democrats, and then turn to be Democrat lite.

It's annoying as heck.

Well then people must really like evil, because republicans are enjoying a massive lead going into this Novembers elections.

Yes, I agree.

They don't have to do anything except not be Democrats. That's the beauty of this. What will they gain by laying out anything? People will vote against the Democrats, and for them.
In this I have to agree with Samson... The GOP DOES have to do something other than not be democrat.

I will vote 3rd party and hope to bolster some true conservative over putting a democrat in republican clothing into office anymore.

I will vote for the GREATER GOOD, not the LESSER EVIL, even if that costs me the election because sooner or later, people will be sick of evil.

Yes, I agree.do something other than not be democrat.

I will vote 3rd party and hope to bolster some true conservative over putting a democrat in republican clothing into office anymore.

I will vote for the GREATER GOOD, not the LESSER EVIL, even if that costs me the election because sooner or later, people will be sick of evil.

I do hope you're right about that.

I'm sick of some a-hole telling me that I'm "Wasting" my vote on a third party with scare tactics: "OOOOOO...the DEMS will win!"

Yeah, well, fuck you if Repubs didn't wanna support the same politics as my third party, I'll be happy to see you lose.

I'm sick of some a-hole telling me that I'm "Wasting" my vote on a third party with scare tactics: "OOOOOO...the DEMS will win!"

Yeah, well, fuck you if Repubs didn't wanna support the same politics as my third party, I'll be happy to see you lose.

Definitely. Republicans and Democrats are cut from almost identical cloth, and the minute differences don't make either worth voting for imo. I may be wasting my vote, but at least I have the guts to take a stand and vote as my conscience and my beliefs dictate.

Definitely. Republicans and Democrats are cut from almost identical cloth, and the minute differences don't make either worth voting for imo. I may be wasting my vote, but at least I have the guts to take a stand and vote as my conscience and my beliefs dictate.

Note a disturbing absence of wingnut partisans in the thread........:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back