why pretend?

bugs

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2009
Classified
why is everyone pretending the u.s. economy is getting stronger? the Government (Fed) have been printing up money like there's no tomorrow trying to keep the system from imploding and it is barely working. there is no recovery we are in a depression. :cuckoo:

It's all going to come crashing down at some point, and you are absolutely correct. There is no "recovery." It would take more money than they could print to even make a dent. The pay back for all the spending is yet to come, and it ain't gonna be pretty, and there isn't any stopping it. Bad times are ahead, much, MUCH worse than what you're being led to believe.

Last edited:
It's all going to come crashing down at some point, and you are absolutely correct. There is no "recovery." It would take more money than they could print to even make a dent. The pay back for all the spending is yet to come, and it ain't gonna be pretty, and there isn't any stopping it. Bad times are ahead, much, MUCH worse than what you're being led to believe.

interest rates at ZERO and they don't dare raise them it seems.. :redface:

in their defense, the gov can't create a panic

what they could do is be open & honest

but i wouldn't hold my breath on that....

in their defense, the gov can't create a panic

what they could do is be open & honest

but i wouldn't hold my breath on that....

they (those fools in DC) have Lost control of Their spending.. Wall St is looking a little spooked today.. :lol:

And they have been there for how many years?

They were virtually zero long before the recession officially started.

And they have been there for how many years?

They were virtually zero long before the recession officially started.

Extend and Pretend! :clap2:

why is everyone pretending the u.s. economy is getting stronger? the Government (Fed) have been printing up money like there's no tomorrow trying to keep the system from imploding and it is barely working. there is no recovery we are in a depression. :cuckoo:

Well troll, you've failed the test to earn your Master Baiting promotion.

A contraction is necessary and will happen. The economy is far too bloated.

The government's job is to prevent it from happening everywhere, all at once and send the whole she-bang into a tailspin. All things considered, I don't think the job they've done is so terrible.

Well troll, you've failed the test to earn your Master Baiting promotion.

Well numbnuts, you like american idol huh? go back to sleep.. :lol:

Pretending the economy is not getting better will not win you any elections.

I suggest a new Motto for the republican party in 2012.

"Hell no we cant"

A contraction is necessary and will happen. The economy is far too bloated.

The government's job is to prevent it from happening everywhere, all at once and send the whole she-bang into a tailspin. All things considered, I don't think the job they've done is so terrible.

I disagree. Every effort at reform has been opposed by reactionary forces and still, under President Obama's leadership, we have pulled back from the abyss. This thread and too many of its kind are solely partisan and reflect the truth in the famous remark about fear by FDR.
Calling our current economic situation a derpression is beyond hyperbole, it's a lie. What President Obama has done, and what the Democratic leadership in Congress accomplished is remarkable considering every issue, every debate, every vote was met with stubborn opposition and lock-step solidarity by the minority.
Consider too what the Republican majority in the House has done since January. When in session, which seems rare, the membership did nothing, accomplished nothing and says in a hundred different ways, "ain't it awful".

We are not going back to where we were for the next decade or so folks.
Too many jobs lost to China and other offshore places.
Yeah we are creating some lower paying jobs than we lost but that is not the answer to get us back to where we were.

Yeah we are creating some lower paying jobs than we lost but that is not the answer to get us back to where we were.

True, so our government has been printing money out of thin air to cover it's loses from lost jobs. We're between a rock and hard place, but what we need to do to "begin" a turn around I think is PAINFULLY obvious... CUT SPENDING. You or I can't/won't/don't spend more when we're broke, and our government shouldn't either but they have. We'd be fucked if we did, and now our nations economy is fucked too. There will be no pretty or easy way to get us back on track. Hard times are ahead, period, no getting around it. The kenyan did nothing but heap more debt on us instead of doing what was needed. He's toast. The next President, who will be republican, will have a massive mess to clean up, thanks in great part to the osama, ur... obama.

Last edited:

True, so our government has been printing money out of thin air to cover it's loses from lost jobs. We're between a rock and hard place, but what we need to do to "begin" a turn around I think is PAINFULLY obvious... CUT SPENDING. You or I can't/won't/don't spend more when we're broke, and our government shouldn't either but they have. We'd be fucked if we did, and now our nations economy is fucked too. There will be no pretty or easy way to get us back on track. Hard times are ahead, period, no getting around it. The kenyan did nothing but heap more debt on us instead of doing what was needed. He's toast. The next President, who will be republican, will have a massive mess to clean up, thanks in great part to the osama, ur... obama.

but somehow to you Obama inheriting nearly 10 trillion in debt and a great recession....
Yeah thanks to Osama.
We must end partisanship to solve the problems facing us. The ones using our partisanship against us are only making things worse.

And in terms of how the economy is currently measured we are never going back. Economies in the production of goods and services have been an increasingly deflationary force since Savary invented the modern pump steam engine @ 1693. According to the UN this should peak at about mid-century with the whole world seeing a minimum per capita GDP of $15K with incomes (as currently measured) but not lifestyles decreasing there after. The problem is in our measuring tools.

What metrics are you using to say that there is no recovery and we are in depression? Most of the figures I'm looking at (real GDP, Employment, Unemployment, Industrial Capacity and Production) are all showing signs of improvement. Nothing to cheer about, but improvement.

Exactly. And the sooner EVERYBODY realizes that, the sooner they'll make adjustments in their own personal living situations. Too many people are continuing to just sit around and wait for opportunity to knock.

The key to a revival of the economy is consumer confidence, which sets the whole ball in motion.

but somehow to you Obama inheriting nearly 10 trillion in debt and a great recession....
Yeah thanks to Osama.
We must end partisanship to solve the problems facing us. The ones using our partisanship against us are only making things worse.

I don't think people like Pale Rider will ever come around to that point of view, and even if they do finally see the light go off, they won't admit it.

What metrics are you using to say that there is no recovery and we are in depression? Most of the figures I'm looking at (real GDP, Employment, Unemployment, Industrial Capacity and Production) are all showing signs of improvement. Nothing to cheer about, but improvement.

Unless someone actually feels improvement in his/her personal life, they're not going to believe it.

And then there are those who are so partisan they don't WANT the economy to improve, because that would be an admission that the OA has in fact been on the right track.

Forum List

Back