why pretend?

Had O focused entirely on the economy and not pushed healthcare, which is so convoluted in bureaucratic nonsense busy speech and more costly, he may have had a decent shot at reelection. But since he didn't and is presiding over the worst economy, highest fuel prices, commodoties, high unemployment, in decades, he will pay dearly for it next year.

And this is different from Bush in what way?

We will pay for this type of behaviour exhibited over the past few decades for decades to come.

yes we will.. Obama SUCKS! Bush Also SUCKED.. :cool: Next??? whoever will it be to Lead the Depressed USA next??? :eek::eusa_whistle:

Denial is a hallmark of co-dependency. The vast majrity of americans are co-dependents.

i agree.. also, i forgot to mention our home has lost more than 20% of it's value in the past two years! AND we have Higher gas and food prices!!!

I'm hoping property prices fall another 20%, though I highly doubt it. I'm looking at a beachfront lot on the ocean that has fallen 80% and I want it to fall 85%-90% so I can make a ridiculous offer and steal it!

you might get your wish.. :redface:

why is everyone pretending the u.s. economy is getting stronger? the Government (Fed) have been printing up money like there's no tomorrow trying to keep the system from imploding and it is barely working. there is no recovery we are in a depression. :cuckoo:

Economic is NOT a hard science, its a social science

Economist do NOT agree about what is going on.

why is everyone pretending the u.s. economy is getting stronger? the Government (Fed) have been printing up money like there's no tomorrow trying to keep the system from imploding and it is barely working. there is no recovery we are in a depression. :cuckoo:

Economic is NOT a hard science, its a social science

Economist do NOT agree about what is going on.

gas Dropped again here NOW only $3.95 a gallon!!! Happy Memorial day Everyone! :cool::clap2::razz:

A contraction is necessary and will happen. The economy is far too bloated.

The government's job is to prevent it from happening everywhere, all at once and send the whole she-bang into a tailspin. All things considered, I don't think the job they've done is so terrible.

The meds have, apparently, kicked in.

A contraction is necessary and will happen. The economy is far too bloated.

The government's job is to prevent it from happening everywhere, all at once and send the whole she-bang into a tailspin. All things considered, I don't think the job they've done is so terrible.

I disagree. Every effort at reform has been opposed by reactionary forces and still, under President Obama's leadership, we have pulled back from the abyss. This thread and too many of its kind are solely partisan and reflect the truth in the famous remark about fear by FDR.
Calling our current economic situation a derpression is beyond hyperbole, it's a lie. What President Obama has done, and what the Democratic leadership in Congress accomplished is remarkable considering every issue, every debate, every vote was met with stubborn opposition and lock-step solidarity by the minority.
Consider too what the Republican majority in the House has done since January. When in session, which seems rare, the membership did nothing, accomplished nothing and says in a hundred different ways, "ain't it awful".

It's utterly amzing. What about a 4 trillion dollar run up of the debt is good? Why is not passing a budget in two years and rising a good thing? Why is an additional 15 million unemployed a good thing? Why is 20% of adult white males and twice that percent of adult black males unemployed a good thing?

Why is an eroding manufacturing base a good thing? Why is an increasingly failed and more expensive public education system a good thing? Why is the runaway expansion of Government cost and employment a good thing?

It's okay. You don't have to pluck out your eyes just because the prsident is a Democrat. You can actually look at things and see them. If you lie to yourself, you're in very bad trouble. Do you actually believe this tripe?

I would prefer that you are a partisan hack who could never veer from the party path than to think you are this blind.

Do you really think the mess we're in is the result a good plan?

We are not going back to where we were for the next decade or so folks.
Too many jobs lost to China and other offshore places.
Yeah we are creating some lower paying jobs than we lost but that is not the answer to get us back to where we were.

True, so our government has been printing money out of thin air to cover it's loses from lost jobs. We're between a rock and hard place, but what we need to do to "begin" a turn around I think is PAINFULLY obvious... CUT SPENDING. You or I can't/won't/don't spend more when we're broke, and our government shouldn't either but they have. We'd be fucked if we did, and now our nations economy is fucked too. There will be no pretty or easy way to get us back on track. Hard times are ahead, period, no getting around it. The kenyan did nothing but heap more debt on us instead of doing what was needed. He's toast. The next President, who will be republican, will have a massive mess to clean up, thanks in great part to the osama, ur... obama.

but somehow to you Obama inheriting nearly 10 trillion in debt and a great recession....
Yeah thanks to Osama.
We must end partisanship to solve the problems facing us. The ones using our partisanship against us are only making things worse.

The trouble is that if anyone cricizes the president, theya re called a racist. If they propose a reduction in spending, they are called partisan. If they propose a method to save medicare, they are accused of pushing granny off a cliff.

How can an adult start a discussion if the rabid idiot thieves who run Congress shout him down.

How in the hell did Reid get re-elected? Talk about the triumph of hope over experience.

True, so our government has been printing money out of thin air to cover it's loses from lost jobs. We're between a rock and hard place, but what we need to do to "begin" a turn around I think is PAINFULLY obvious... CUT SPENDING. You or I can't/won't/don't spend more when we're broke, and our government shouldn't either but they have. We'd be fucked if we did, and now our nations economy is fucked too. There will be no pretty or easy way to get us back on track. Hard times are ahead, period, no getting around it. The kenyan did nothing but heap more debt on us instead of doing what was needed. He's toast. The next President, who will be republican, will have a massive mess to clean up, thanks in great part to the osama, ur... obama.

but somehow to you Obama inheriting nearly 10 trillion in debt and a great recession....
Yeah thanks to Osama.
We must end partisanship to solve the problems facing us. The ones using our partisanship against us are only making things worse.

The trouble is that if anyone cricizes the president, theya re called a racist. If they propose a reduction in spending, they are called partisan. If they propose a method to save medicare, they are accused of pushing granny off a cliff.

How can an adult start a discussion if the rabid idiot thieves who run Congress shout him down.

How in the hell did Reid get re-elected? Talk about the triumph of hope over experience.

our entire system is fucked up.. thats it in a nutshell.

No cooperation, no coordination, no compromise, no respect, no honor, very little civility. It's like when we were kids and used to build a snow fort and lob snowballs at the kids across the street who built their own snow fort and lobbed snowballs back. It's all about political posturing, trying to make the other side look bad and yourself the savior of humanity. Things like truth and integrity are long gone, it's only about winning the next election and the one after that.

We're fucked. We're gonna go over that cliff, and the dems and the repubs will still be pointing fingers at each other all the way down. Maybe it's for the best, if the landing is hard enough maybe as a nation we'll recover the core values and principles we once had.

Yeah thanks to Osama.

No, that's not all they say. Try reading something other than blog or message board comments.

No cooperation, no coordination, no compromise, no respect, no honor, very little civility. It's like when we were kids and used to build a snow fort and lob snowballs at the kids across the street who built their own snow fort and lobbed snowballs back. It's all about political posturing, trying to make the other side look bad and yourself the savior of humanity. Things like truth and integrity are long gone, it's only about winning the next election and the one after that.

We're fucked. We're gonna go over that cliff, and the dems and the repubs will still be pointing fingers at each other all the way down. Maybe it's for the best, if the landing is hard enough maybe as a nation we'll recover the core values and principles we once had.

That's so true. The only way I see it changing, putting us in compromising positions (no pun intended), is if there's a major catastrophic event that affects each and every one of us equally. We all came together in the immediate aftermath of the attacks of 911, but how long did that last?

That's so true. The only way I see it changing, putting us in compromising positions (no pun intended), is if there's a major catastrophic event that affects each and every one of us equally. We all came together in the immediate aftermath of the attacks of 911, but how long did that last?

Not long enough. IMHO, I think this country needs an economic enema, as bad as the 1930s were. Harsh as that may be, and as terrible for so many people, I dunno how else we realize the extent of the changes that need to be made and the necessity of working together to make those changes.

Not long enough. IMHO, I think this country needs an economic enema, as bad as the 1930s were. Harsh as that may be, and as terrible for so many people, I dunno how else we realize the extent of the changes that need to be made and the necessity of working together to make those changes.

it's coming.. i think it's a certain thing thanks to the incompetence of so many administrations in a row. we are in deep shit.

When denial is the way in which this nation deals with its problems, pretending is as good as reality.

No doubt why so many continue their pretense of believing Americans were at one time rich people. Only if thousand of dollars in credit card and other debt is a sign of wealth.

U r definately right! The goverment is pretending..all the time. I knew we were in aeconomic crissis before they announced that we were in a recession. All the while they were denying that as well. I live this new american uprise...out of work and cant find a job. So where are all the ones the government say's are out there? Liars. No faith in recovery

When denial is the way in which this nation deals with its problems, pretending is as good as reality.

No doubt why so many continue their pretense of believing Americans were at one time rich people. Only if thousand of dollars in credit card and other debt is a sign of wealth.

credit cards and being in Debt are the american way! :cuckoo:

U r definately right! The goverment is pretending..all the time. I knew we were in aeconomic crissis before they announced that we were in a recession. All the while they were denying that as well. I live this new american uprise...out of work and cant find a job. So where are all the ones the government say's are out there? Liars. No faith in recovery

no faith in recovery here.. :(

yesterday i bought gas for $3.87 a gallon.. 10 minutes later it went to $4.19 a gallon! just before 12noon! :clap2::eusa_shhh::razz:

Forum List

Back