Why people rescue

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Photographer Asks People From All 50 States Why They Rescued An Animal. These Are Their Answers

"[Frankie had] been in his foster home for six months spending 20 hours a day in a cage... No one else even wanted to meet him, which kind of broke our hearts. When we walked in the door and sat down in this couple's house, he walked across the room to us and laid his head in my lap." -- David and Tereasa, Wisconsin

o-DOG-GIRL-CAR-900.jpg

More at the link and worth a look.

I've rescued and fosters hundreds and sometimes I wonder about their lives now. There are some I still get xmas cards from but I don't know about most.

OTOH, if you foster, the one thing you really have to be able to do is make the decision and then walk away. Its hard.

But fostering saves lives.

Yup. Fostering fills a great need.

I've fostered a few in my time and all of my fur buddies are pound puppies.

Who couldn't love a dog??

I cannot turn away from an animal in need. I feel like if I can do that...turn my back on a helpless animal...I'm kind of worthless.

I guess. I guess that's why I do it. That and because nobody else around me does a damn thing, so I just have to.

Trouble is, I don't foster them and find them homes, I keep them. Because once I rescue them, I don't trust anyone to take care of them. And I'm kind of getting burnt out. Especially since my most beloved dog died, I don't have as much gumption anymore. :(

Last edited:

Forum List

Back