Why only a "progressive" income tax?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Progressive income taxes are based on the subjective marginal utility analysis that basically says idiots in government can decide if you "need" all the money you make or not and that they are justified in taking the money they decide you don't "need"

Well all of you who love this type of blatantly unfair tax scheme I ask you why stop at income?

Why not use progressive tax schemes for everything that is taxed?

Let's say you own a 4 bedroom home but you and your wife have only 1 kid. You only "need" 2 bedrooms so some moron in your state government can decide that those 2 bedrooms must be taken from you and given to someone else and then inserts 2 people into your home because they "need" those rooms and you don't

What about a vacation home? Surely you don't "need" that if you only use it on occasion.

You and your wife have 2 cars and you have your dream car in the garage you don't need that classic 1969 GTO so why not let the government take it from you to give to someone who does "need" it

I bet that sounds like a great plan to some of you doesn't it?

Progressive income taxes are based on the subjective marginal utility analysis that basically says idiots in government can decide if you "need" all the money you make or not and that they are justified in taking the money they decide you don't "need"

Well all of you who love this type of blatantly unfair tax scheme I ask you why stop at income?

Let's say you own a 4 bedroom home but you and your wife have only 1 kid. You only "need" 2 bedrooms so some moron in your state government can decide that those 2 bedrooms must be taken from you and given to someone else and then inserts 2 people into your home because they "need" those rooms and you don't

What about a vacation home? Surely you don't "need" that if you only use it on occasion.

You and your wife have 2 cars and you have your dream car in the garage you don't need that classic 1969 GTO so why not let the government take it from you to give to someone who does "need" it

If you want to argue against imaginary scenarios you need to find some imaginary people to take the other side.

Last edited:

If you want to argue against imaginary scenarios you need to find some imaginary people to take the other side?

You love the progressive tax system don't you?

Why not apply it everywhere?

If you want to argue against imaginary scenarios you need to find some imaginary people to take the other side?
A lefty talking about "imaginary" Classic.

Compared to the idiot in the thread who thinks the progressive income tax is Marxism ?

Compared to the idiot in the thread who thinks the progressive income tax is Marxism ?

So answer the question.

Why not apply the so called progressive tax to everything?

And you fail right there.

explain

MArginal utility of money is based on the premise that after you have X dollars that every other dollar is worth less to you so therefore you don't need it

Because I'm smarter than you are.

Marxism 101
Abolishment of private property and only using what you need. Marx didn't appreciate people making/receiving frivolous things that put people in a different class from those who cant afford them.
Such as a 4 bedroom home for 3 people..
:thup:
EDIT : Credit to fox for reminding me. Progressive taxes are one of the 10 planks of the communist manifesto.

So answer the question.

Why not lower the speed limit to 1 mile per hour in school zones?

You're an idiot. You prove it here every day.

Yeah it's not like Marx pointed out the necessity of the progressive income tax in the Communist Manifesto or anything.:rolleyes:
Wasn't it one of the 10 planks? ;)

Marxism 101
Abolishment of private property and only using what you need. Marx didn't appreciate people making/receiving frivolous things that put people in a different class from those who cant afford them.
Such as a 4 bedroom home for 3 people..
:thup:

That's from OP's imagination. Try to read more carefully.

So it's not a good tax scheme

So answer the question.

Why not lower the speed limit to 1 mile per hour in school zones?

You're an idiot. You prove it here every day.

That's apples and orangutans

But you don't understand the difference you prove it here every day

So it's not a good tax scheme

It's a better tax system than a flat tax because in relative terms the flat tax reduces taxes on the rich and raises taxes on the not rich.

Yeah it's not like Marx pointed out the necessity of the progressive income tax in the Communist Manifesto or anything.:rolleyes:
Wasn't it one of the 10 planks? ;)

Sort of, it was one of the necessities that Marx pointed out (generally speaking) for advanced nations to move through the transition to communism. :)

Forum List

Back