Why Obama deserves the Birther rumors...

There's no "deserved" in the whole thing. It's not like its a punishment. Thats what I am saying. It's more like "welcomed" instead of "deserved".

yet here you and others are talking about it....it is still in the spotlight....

i wholly disagree that this was positive for him....., things like this stick in people's minds....the "unanswered" if you will.....at a minimum it was a distraction that obama could have stopped.....but instead, you and others believe the political points scored were worth the distraction.....unfortunate for you......your political points are worthless as you can't show obama gained any more favorable opinion or gained anymore support for his agenda due to this controversy......

I disagree. I think it only helps him.

And as someone who disagrees with his policies, I wish the birfers would just STFU and GTFO. They hurt the us on the opposition more than help us.

bingo
GMTA

yet here you and others are talking about it....it is still in the spotlight....

i wholly disagree that this was positive for him....., things like this stick in people's minds....the "unanswered" if you will.....at a minimum it was a distraction that obama could have stopped.....but instead, you and others believe the political points scored were worth the distraction.....unfortunate for you......your political points are worthless as you can't show obama gained any more favorable opinion or gained anymore support for his agenda due to this controversy......

Like the 9/11 conspiracy theories - Here we are, still talking about it. Was it negative for Bush? Did you take it seriously or dismiss it as the work of a bunch of nutjobs?

Where was Jesus's Birth Certificate? I mean, seriously, who's going to accept the fact that God is put as the father?

:eusa_whistle:

If I were Joseph I would have had a problem with that.

I wonder if Joseph and God had it out on the Jeremiah Springer show?

God: He is my son biaaatch.

Joseph: God dam you God you &**(((((!!!!!!!!!!

Crow holding stones: Jerrhimiah, Jerrhimiah, Jerrhimiah!!!!!!!!

ATT00068.jpg

the liberal version

Obama not releasing it serves two purposes:

1.) The rabid right looks even more insane.

2.) Obama is not about to give in to the whims of a couple of nuts. Because if you seriously think if Obama released any sort of "birth certificate" that he hasn't already and it would be accepted, you're naive. The birthers would just say it's a fake and continue on.

Or, if they somehow were forced to accept it through even their lack of logic, they'll find something else to hound him on.

and you just proved the OP's assertion right....he deserves it.....he could have stopped this cold in the very beginning, but as you say.....he is purposefully withholding information that could have ended this immediately

Why do you think it would have stopped? Look at all the 9/11 conspiracy theories. It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the "truthers" never believe it. Why do you think it would stop if he released his birth certificate?

Actually, a lot of the "truther" theories persist because the U.S. hasn't released a report explaining some of the inconsistencies they feel they have legitimately pointed out. There was a similar rush to condemn their theories as bullshit, too, without much of an effort in acknowledging their claims.

One would think Obama would be smart enough to understand that. The conspiracy theorists propagating these rumors aren't looking for a mere denial of their claims, or an assertion of the opposite of what they're saying. Responding to "9/11 was an inside job" with "we have confirmed 9/11 was NOT an inside job" isn't convincing people of anything, as it shouldn't.

Last edited:
Birthers, keep it going. Please. It really hurts the crediblity of your party so I say, yes...you have a good point. Why cant Obama prove he was born here. Keep asking that over and over guys.

Woohoo. (Imagine how you would feel if the left asked this of bush....would you think they were nuts?)

In reality a foreign born person can be President they just can not hold the title.

After all Kissinger was President every time Nixon got pissed.

And I am not joking. Kissinger ordered arms shipments to Israel during the Yom Kipper war without even asking Nixon because Nixon was too drunk to make a rational call, and Kissinger belayed a Cambodian bombing order Nixon gave when he was drunk.

In the last months of the Nixon administration Kissinger was making all sorts of calls even in areas not related to foreign policy because Nixon was either drunk or preoccupied with Watergate.

I miss Nixon.

and you just proved the OP's assertion right....he deserves it.....he could have stopped this cold in the very beginning, but as you say.....he is purposefully withholding information that could have ended this immediately

Why do you think it would have stopped? Look at all the 9/11 conspiracy theories. It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the "truthers" never believe it. Why do you think it would stop if he released his birth certificate?

Actually, a lot of the "truther" theories persist because the U.S. hasn't released a report explaining some of the inconsistencies they feel they have legitimately pointed out. There was a similar rush to condemn their theories as bullshit, too, without much of an effort in acknowledging their claims.

One would think Obama would be smart enough to understand that. The conspiracy theorists propagating these rumors aren't looking for a mere denial of their claims, or an assertion of the opposite of what they're saying. Responding to "9/11 was an inside job" with "we have confirmed 9/11 was NOT an inside job" isn't convincing people of anything, as it shouldn't.

Oh shit!

Who let the truther in?

Oh shit!

Who let the truther in?

Oh shit!

Who let the idiot with no opinion besides "nuh uh" in?

2.) Obama is not about to give in to the whims of a couple of nuts. Because if you seriously think if Obama released any sort of "birth certificate" that he hasn't already and it would be accepted, you're naive. The birthers would just say it's a fake and continue on.

Or, if they somehow were forced to accept it through even their lack of logic, they'll find something else to hound him on.

1. If you find it acceptable for any POTUS to treat a section of US Citizens in any way - just to make them look insane, that says a LOT about you. I was under the impression that being POTUS meant being POTUS of an entire country - not just the drooling hoards who think he's the 2nd Coming of Christ.

2. Actually, they are citizens - and he should absolutely 'give in to their whims'.... they (we) are his fucking bosses.

For the left - after their disgraceful treatment of Palin's family - to whine about people wanting proof about Obama's birth certificate - is breathtakingly hypocritical.

hey CALI girl < SaRAH PUT HER FAMILY IN THE SPOT LIGHT, BLAME WHOM YOU WANT TOO , BUT SHE DID THAT ONE ON HER OWN

1. If you find it acceptable for any POTUS to treat a section of US Citizens in any way - just to make them look insane, that says a LOT about you. I was under the impression that being POTUS meant being POTUS of an entire country - not just the drooling hoards who think he's the 2nd Coming of Christ.

2. Actually, they are citizens - and he should absolutely 'give in to their whims'.... they (we) are his fucking bosses.

For the left - after their disgraceful treatment of Palin's family - to whine about people wanting proof about Obama's birth certificate - is breathtakingly hypocritical.

You cannot possibly be serious.

Are you saying that Bush should have "given into the whims" of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists and answered all their bizarre claims? Should he have "treated" them well and explained to them why a plane did crash into the Pentagon, or that Iraq was not invaded because Saddam was going to start pricing oil in euros, or that there were no explosives in the WTC, etc., etc., etc.?

Seriously, because Bush "worked for us, the people," you really truly honestly believe that the President of the United States should have spent time answering all these issues?

FFS, to listen to the nutbar right salivate over this idiotic issue after all the bullshit Bush had to deal with over 9/11 blows my mind.

Last edited:
FFS, to listen to the nutbar right salivate over this idiotic issue after all the bullshit Bush had to deal with over 9/11 blows my mind.

Consistency: It's missing.

I was going to respond to CG's whine, but Toro summed it up perfectly in his post.

Oh shit!

Who let the truther in?

Oh shit!

Who let the idiot with no opinion besides "nuh uh" in?

The problem with this explanation is that conspiracy theorists have no sense of context. Inconsistencies in the official report? D'ya think? The greatest attack on a civilian target by foreign power in the 226 year history of this country and you expect a report to be nice and neat and tidy? While the government is conducting a war that, you know, might involve secret intelligence necessary to fight it and you expect the government to tell you everything? FFS, it is beyond naive to believe that the government is going to release all of what they know on 9/11. I think the conspiracy theorists are batshit crazy and I don't believe everything that came out of that report.

But it is a far, far jump from "not releasing everything" and "inconsistencies" to "a plane vanished and a missile hit the Pentagon" and "the towers were blown up even though nobody ever saw anyone placing thousands of feet of wire and a ton of explosives necessary for a demolition." It's not the government's fault that there are lots of stupid people.

hey frogen, yep , yep, but I am not a liar LOL

I think Nixon said he was "not a crook."

He just forgot to put the word convicted in front of word crook.

Still his lament the rules changed for him, that LBJ and JFK did the very same things is true, if not an excuse.

He just did not know how to play up to the press, kiss Helan Thomas' ass like JFK did.

Jesus, imagine kissing Helan Thomas' ass!

Like the 9/11 conspiracy theories - Here we are, still talking about it. Was it negative for Bush? Did you take it seriously or dismiss it as the work of a bunch of nutjobs?

you're missing the point of the OP....it was about obama not producing a copy of the original b/c......

you're a smart guy.....consider this: obama, as an attorney, knows the best evidence is a copy of the original (if the original can't be produced and in this case, a copy would have worked)....your point is that obama hasn't produced it to keep the birthers going.....

however, as i said above....that is faulty as he produced an electronic copy

your comparison to bush is a false analogy, there were no original documents that bush produced electronic copies of......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back