Why Obama deserves the Birther rumors...

chrismac

Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, I said it.

There's no question in my mind that Obama's a U.S. citizen and eligible to be President. That said, I think he absolutely deserves the birther conspiracy theories.

I think he could've ended the controversy had he just released a long form, official birth certificate with a stamp and let any reporter or journalist who felt the question was pressing enough verify it. In fact, if he wanted the question to go away, he'd have personally invited FOX News to go down there and look over the official document. That would've shown he had absolutely nothing to be afraid of and had nothing to hide. Trying to cherry pick who can see it (because it's too easy to dismiss most of those adamant about how unfounded birtherism is as being totally in the tank for Obama, and it wouldn't be a total lie, because most liberals figured this was bullshit from day one). Yeah, FOX News could have seen it and still lied and said it was a forgery or something...I don't know. Neither does Obama.

Also, using officials and fact-checkers to really really make the point that Obama is eligible for President comes off more evasive and esoteric than forthright. Really, it points to a big problem conservatives have with Obama, the man: that he has a slick, lawyerly way about him, and it's hard (for us, at least) not to feel a little gamed after we hear him speak. I'll be really honest and say I think liberals are as ruthless as conservatives and I wouldn't expect too many outlets to openly discuss their skepticism over Obama's records...and I think a lot of conservatives feel that way. That's why assuring people that no, really honestly truly deeply Obama's eligible to be President is just screaming into the wind for many, because they don't accept the same media outlets that have ruthlessly pandered to the Left this entire time to be above-board about ANYTHING that makes them look bad.

And honestly, the same media that entertained speculation about Trig Palin (that's more offensive than suggesting Obama's not a citizen, but liberals think implying the Palin's have an incestuous love affair going on is OK, but suggesting Obama isn't a citizen is just sour grapes and latent racism...yeah ok) and spent the past eight years calling Bush an illegitimate President can't bitch about conspiracy theories. There was never this type of concerted, cohesive effort by the media to sink the truthers, and at their peak, about as many of left thought there was some truth to their claims as some of the right believe there's some truth to the birthers claims.

Last edited:
Obama not releasing it serves two purposes:

1.) The rabid right looks even more insane.

2.) Obama is not about to give in to the whims of a couple of nuts. Because if you seriously think if Obama released any sort of "birth certificate" that he hasn't already and it would be accepted, you're naive. The birthers would just say it's a fake and continue on.

Or, if they somehow were forced to accept it through even their lack of logic, they'll find something else to hound him on.

2.) Obama is not about to give in to the whims of a couple of nuts. Because if you seriously think if Obama released any sort of "birth certificate" that he hasn't already and it would be accepted, you're naive. The birthers would just say it's a fake and continue on.

Or, if they somehow were forced to accept it through even their lack of logic, they'll find something else to hound him on.

and you just proved the OP's assertion right....he deserves it.....he could have stopped this cold in the very beginning, but as you say.....he is purposefully withholding information that could have ended this immediately

Obama's birth is "Settled Science", nobody seen the underlying documents and there are many statements going against it, but we're told it's a done deal

Obama's birth is "Settled Science", nobody seen the underlying documents and there are many statements going against it, but we're told it's a done deal

LOL, I wonder where I've heard that one before. Was it from the man who discovered and solved global warming? Cereally?

.he could have stopped this cold in the very beginning, but as you say.....he is purposefully withholding information that could have ended this immediately

And you missed the point.

He's withholding it because it only helps him.

Releasing it would not hurt him, but withholding it marginalizes a rabid segment of the opposition.

So why wouldn't he withhold it? There's no downside, only ups.

.he could have stopped this cold in the very beginning, but as you say.....he is purposefully withholding information that could have ended this immediately

Releasing it would not hurt him, but withholding it marginalizes a rabid segment of the opposition.

no, you missed my point....that is why he deserves the continued speculation....

the point of the OP seems to be, that obama deserves the continued speculation as he purposefully fostered it...hence why i stated dogbreath proved the OP right....which, btw, you cut from my post, which actually explains my entire post

and you just proved the OP's assertion right....he deserves it.....he could have stopped this cold in the very beginning, but as you say.....he is purposefully withholding information that could have ended this immediately

Why do you think it would have stopped? Look at all the 9/11 conspiracy theories. It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the "truthers" never believe it. Why do you think it would stop if he released his birth certificate?

no, you missed my point....that is why he deserves the continued speculation....

the point of the OP seems to be, that obama deserves the continued speculation as he purposefully fostered it...hence why i stated dogbreath proved the OP right....which, btw, you cut from my post, which actually explains my entire post

There's no "deserved" in the whole thing. It's not like its a punishment. Thats what I am saying. It's more like "welcomed" instead of "deserved".

it would be a very bad precedent for president's to answer every conspiracy brought against them. think about bush:

- why didn't he deny he had prior knowldge of 9/11
- why didnt he deny letting poor people die during katrina
- why didnt he refute that he lied about iraq
- why didn't he refute he was a facist
- why .....

then clinton

- why didn't he refture that he and hillary had those 20 some people killed that were speaking against him
- why didn't he refute that he let osama go for private gain
- why didn't ....

once you answer one you then you have to answer them all.

Last edited:
Why do you think it would have stopped? Look at all the 9/11 conspiracy theories. It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the "truthers" never believe it. Why do you think it would stop if he released his birth certificate?

Exhibit A would be The Truthers when a group of nutjobs have evidence right in front of their face and still deny the truth.

Birthers would not be any different as Toro said.

Don't you think he enjoys watching the GOP squirm as they try not to offend the birthers? How can they tell a major part of their constituency that they are bat shit crazy?

Wait...I thought he was the second coming...why would he need a birth certificate??

IMO, if Obama does nothing it will be worth it to watch the wingnuts meltdown for four years.

Wait...I thought he was the second coming...why would he need a birth certificate??

IMO, if Obama does nothing it will be worth it to watch the wingnuts meltdown for four years.

WWJBC

Where was Jesus's Birth Certificate? I mean, seriously, who's going to accept the fact that God is put as the father?

:eusa_whistle:

it would be a very bad precedent for president's to answer every conspiracy brought against them. think about bush:

- why .....

then clinton

- why didn't he refture that he and hillary had those 20 some people killed that were speaking against him
- why didn't ....

Plus, as President, why the hell should he answer to the conspiracy theorists? Why get down to their level? Bush didn't, and rightfully so. Neither should Obama. It legitimizes them. He is the President, not some whackjob talk radio host.

- why .....

then clinton

- why didn't ....

Plus, as President, why the hell should he answer to the conspiracy theorists? Why get down to their level? Bush didn't, and rightfully so. Neither should Obama. It legitimizes them. He is the President, not some whackjob talk radio host.

i would agree with you, except he did put up the electronic copy.....putting up a copy of the long form would have taken as much time as putting up the electronic short form copy.....so he did in fact try to offer proof, and since he is an attorney, he should knows very well the copy he offered was not the best evidence as a copy of the original is.....

if you look at the majority of people interested in this, who btw aren't really birthers, they just merely wonder WHY he didn't simply release a copy of the original.....you would understand that releasing the best evidence would have sealed this thing and the only remainder would be a very, very small group......

yet....here we are still talking about it....had he released it, you and i wouldn't be talking about this

There's no "deserved" in the whole thing. It's not like its a punishment. Thats what I am saying. It's more like "welcomed" instead of "deserved".

yet here you and others are talking about it....it is still in the spotlight....

i wholly disagree that this was positive for him....., things like this stick in people's minds....the "unanswered" if you will.....at a minimum it was a distraction that obama could have stopped.....but instead, you and others believe the political points scored were worth the distraction.....unfortunate for you......your political points are worthless as you can't show obama gained any more favorable opinion or gained anymore support for his agenda due to this controversy......

I agree with you dogbert.... the more the wingnut right makes a big deal about this, the more the moderates and independents in the middle get a bad taste in their mouths for republicans in general. It may not translate to the 2010 election so much, but when Obama is BACK on the ticket in 2012, and the birthers are still howling about this, it can only be a good thing for the president at that point and a bad thing for whoever the republicans try to run against him who, no doubt, will want to concentrate on substantive issues and not have loonies from his own party acting like skunks at a garden party.

yet here you and others are talking about it....it is still in the spotlight....

i wholly disagree that this was positive for him....., things like this stick in people's minds....the "unanswered" if you will.....at a minimum it was a distraction that obama could have stopped.....but instead, you and others believe the political points scored were worth the distraction.....unfortunate for you......your political points are worthless as you can't show obama gained any more favorable opinion or gained anymore support for his agenda due to this controversy......

I disagree. I think it only helps him.

And as someone who disagrees with his policies, I wish the birfers would just STFU and GTFO. They hurt the us on the opposition more than help us.

Forum List

Back