Why not Jeb Bush for '12

Because I am sick and tired of political dynasties. We need fresh blood in there.

Jeb Bush would certainly be a qualified candidate for President. He successfully completed 2 terms as a popular governor of Florida. (Sarah couldn’t finish 1, Romney only had 1 term as Gov.) Florida is one of the most diverse states in the country and one of the largest (4th) in population. Alaska is 47th , Massachusetts is 15th in population rankings. He is popular with Hispanics (A crucial voting bloc) and has a Hispanic wife. He won 44% of the Jewish vote in 2002 and appeals to a diverse population that is essential in a national election. Although the name “Bush” might be a liability, I think that people who do vote would not hold that against him except some liberal Democrats who would never vote for a Republican even they were running against Hitler.

With his popularity in Florida and with the name of Bush in Texas (Also graduated from Texas) this would give him a good electoral starting base. Of course some conservative members of his party may have some issues with him but he can draw in the independent voter who ultimately decides the winner. I think Jeb Bush is a better candidate than Romney, Palin, or others who have been mentioned so far.
I believe the founding fathers wanted to veer away from monarchy and political dynasties. Plus ever since his older brother, no Bush will ever be elected again.

I like Jeb.

He was a good Gov in Florida.

I think he would be a great Prez. He sure ain't his Brother.

I agree. If a Bush had to be on the ballot he should have been the one to run instead of W.

That said, I'm not big on dynasties. How about some fresh blood on both sides of the aisle?

I'm not big on dynasties either Gold.

As for that fresh blood on both sides of the aisle, WOW The only way a Career politicians would give up his or her cushy job is if he or she dropped dead. LOL

It's a dilemma. Inexperienced pols who run get slammed for inexperience, yet experienced ones are usually career hacks. Which is better, or worse as the case may be?

Hillary 2012-2020, Jeb 2020-2028, Chelsea 2028-2032!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Jeb Bush would certainly be a qualified candidate for President. He successfully completed 2 terms as a popular governor of Florida. (Sarah couldn’t finish 1, Romney only had 1 term as Gov.) Florida is one of the most diverse states in the country and one of the largest (4th) in population. Alaska is 47th , Massachusetts is 15th in population rankings. He is popular with Hispanics (A crucial voting bloc) and has a Hispanic wife. He won 44% of the Jewish vote in 2002 and appeals to a diverse population that is essential in a national election. Although the name “Bush” might be a liability, I think that people who do vote would not hold that against him except some liberal Democrats who would never vote for a Republican even they were running against Hitler.

With his popularity in Florida and with the name of Bush in Texas (Also graduated from Texas) this would give him a good electoral starting base. Of course some conservative members of his party may have some issues with him but he can draw in the independent voter who ultimately decides the winner. I think Jeb Bush is a better candidate than Romney, Palin, or others who have been mentioned so far.
I'm thinkin' the Bush Family has gorged themselves, often-ENOUGH, on the U.S. economy.​

With memories of his brother's leadership fading, it's certainly a possibility. I've heard Jeb already has strategists sniffing around in the right places to see what his chances are. He certainly wouldn't be the worst choice, for sure. But far-right conservatives should remember that Jeb Bush is old-school GOP conservative, like his father.

No more Bushes or Clintons...Please!!!!

It's stupid to just look at a name. Look at the man. He would actually be good for what's left of this once great country.

He would have to literally get on national TV and renounce his Brother and his dismal failures for me to even look any farther. When he says what a mistake the Iraq War was,his fiscal irresponsibility,the Patriot Act and several other things, I'll tip toe toward his platform and take a peek.

I would like to see only people with single syllable names run for President in 2012.

So far, we could have Jeb and Mitt. And others?

Glenn. Rush.

Im not serious. I just thought it be amusing to see people pee their pants.

Forum List

Back