Why not Jeb Bush for '12

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
Jeb Bush would certainly be a qualified candidate for President. He successfully completed 2 terms as a popular governor of Florida. (Sarah couldn’t finish 1, Romney only had 1 term as Gov.) Florida is one of the most diverse states in the country and one of the largest (4th) in population. Alaska is 47th , Massachusetts is 15th in population rankings. He is popular with Hispanics (A crucial voting bloc) and has a Hispanic wife. He won 44% of the Jewish vote in 2002 and appeals to a diverse population that is essential in a national election. Although the name “Bush” might be a liability, I think that people who do vote would not hold that against him except some liberal Democrats who would never vote for a Republican even they were running against Hitler.

With his popularity in Florida and with the name of Bush in Texas (Also graduated from Texas) this would give him a good electoral starting base. Of course some conservative members of his party may have some issues with him but he can draw in the independent voter who ultimately decides the winner. I think Jeb Bush is a better candidate than Romney, Palin, or others who have been mentioned so far.

I dunno, for the same reason we don't go looking for another Kennedy family member, or some death row inmate. Just cause there is that little voice in your head that says "you gotta be fucking kidding me!".

I like Jeb.

He was a good Gov in Florida.

I think he would be a great Prez. He sure ain't his Brother.

I would like to see only people with single syllable names run for President in 2012.

So far, we could have Jeb and Mitt. And others?

Jeb Bush would certainly be a qualified candidate for President. He successfully completed 2 terms as a popular governor of Florida. (Sarah couldn’t finish 1, Romney only had 1 term as Gov.) Florida is one of the most diverse states in the country and one of the largest (4th) in population. Alaska is 47th , Massachusetts is 15th in population rankings. He is popular with Hispanics (A crucial voting bloc) and has a Hispanic wife. He won 44% of the Jewish vote in 2002 and appeals to a diverse population that is essential in a national election. Although the name “Bush” might be a liability, I think that people who do vote would not hold that against him except some liberal Democrats who would never vote for a Republican even they were running against Hitler.

With his popularity in Florida and with the name of Bush in Texas (Also graduated from Texas) this would give him a good electoral starting base. Of course some conservative members of his party may have some issues with him but he can draw in the independent voter who ultimately decides the winner. I think Jeb Bush is a better candidate than Romney, Palin, or others who have been mentioned so far.

Bush wasn't a good idea the first time, it was a worse idea the second time and any thought that the third time is a charm is optimism for optimism's sake.

Frankly, we're "Bushed"!!

He'd have to lock Dubya in a closet for a year. That would be his only chance.

I like Jeb.

I agree. If a Bush had to be on the ballot he should have been the one to run instead of W.

That said, I'm not big on dynasties. How about some fresh blood on both sides of the aisle?

That would be comparable to hiring a member of the Manson Family to baby-sit. But, unfortunately, the American electorate is capable of doing it.

I like Jeb! but I have some reservations about him. When he won the first time, he made deals for various state agency chief positions over and over. There were folks who sold their homes and moved to Tallahassee based on his promises, only to be turned away. If this had only happened once, no biggie...but it happened frequently.

It was also rumored he kept an "enemies list" of anyone who had contributed to a competitor's campaign, and that he reached out through various state agencies to touch them. This is cannot substantiate, but I did hear it frequently.

All in all, I might support him...if ethics in government weren't important.

I like Jeb.

I agree. If a Bush had to be on the ballot he should have been the one to run instead of W.

That said, I'm not big on dynasties. How about some fresh blood on both sides of the aisle?

I'm not big on dynasties either Gold.

As for that fresh blood on both sides of the aisle, WOW The only way a Career politicians would give up his or her cushy job is if he or she dropped dead. LOL

Forum List

Back