Why Norte Dame's Firing Of Willingham Is A Mistake

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NATO AIR, Dec 6, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    what a shame how a once mighty and honorable program has fallen....

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    why is it a mistake? Cause they didnt have another coach lined up. Retards, lol.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    like its willingham's fault norte dame has the nation's roughest schedule every year and the highest academic standards... one of them has to go, and i would have gutted the schedule and done what everybody else does, while keeping up my high standards and succeeding with them as he had...

4. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49

I agree. coaches are terrified at the idea of coaching at Notre Dame.

I'm a Michigan fan; do you know how many coaches had gotten fired for losing to Big Blue? Four coaches, including a coach from Notre Dame and Ohio State, have been fired over losing to Michigan. Ty Willingham finishes his career at Notre Dame with a 2-1 record over Michigan, but that's not enough for NOTRE DAME!!!

The winninest active Div 1-A coach is Tennessee's Phil Fulmer. Ty beat Fulmer in his OWN BACKYARD!!! BUT THAT'S NOT ENOUGH FOR NOTRE DAME!!!

Ty's most embarrassing loss was to USC; not Northwestern, not Vanderbilt, not Prairie View, not anybody in the Big 12 north, USC...THE NUMBER ONE RANKED TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!!

This is clearly a case of arrogance beyond belief; when considering the catholic theme of Notre Dame, please excuse the pun.

As a Michigan fan, I love the idea of leaving Michigan Stadium at halftime smiling next season. They screw up badly; well, at least the ND players won't have to vote as to whether or not to play in a bowl game; they might not even qualify.