Why Muslims Believe that Islam is the truth

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Arabian, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Arabian

Arabian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Why Muslims Believe that Islam is the truth

Many Christians & Jews don't know that Muslims believe in their prophets and holy books. Muslims believe that the Bible and the Torah were changed by people for their personal benefits. This is why God sent Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, not with a new religion, but to correct the people who had gone astray, those who were worshipping idols and being misguided by their forefathers

Islam is the last message to the world and God wants the miracle of Islam to be witnessed by the people from Prophet Muhammad's, peace be upon him, time till the day of Judgment. The miracle is the Qu'ran, Muslims holy book
    Many Christians & Jews don't know that Muslims believe in their prophets and holy books. Muslims believe that the Bible and the Torah were changed by people for their personal benefits. This is why God sent Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, not with a new religion, but to correct the people who had gone astray, those who were worshipping idols and being misguided by their forefathers

Islam is the last message to the world and God wants the miracle of Islam to be witnessed by the people from Prophet Muhammad's, peace be upon him, time till the day of Judgment. The miracle is the Qu'ran, Muslims holy book
    Why is the Qur'an a miracle

1- The Qu'ran is an untouchable book : After 1400 years, from the begining of Prophet Muhammad's, peace be upon him, message, the Qu'ran has not changed in any way, even as a matter of one charachter. Prooving this is very easy, since you can compare all the versions of the Qu'ran everywhere in the world and you will find them all the same. God ensured that this book would be saved from any changes attempted by human beings. God said in the Qur'an : " We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption

2- The Qu'ran contains many scientific facts that have been discovered recently using computer systems and microscopes. Many scientists have attended conferences dealing with this subject and have themselves accepted Islam. These same scientists have said that it is not possible that Muhammad, peace be upon him, an illiterate man, who lived 1400 years ago, could have discovered such things on his own. God said in the Qur'an : "Soon will We show them Our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things" ( Quran 41:53 )

3- The Qu'ran, which is in Arabic, was revealed to the people of the Arabian Gulf who invented the Arabic language. Through Muhammad, peace be upon him, Allah challenged the people who claimed that a human wrote it to emulate such a book. No one from the time of the Prophet till now could write a book that contained the many scientific facts, miracles and similar effects on people that the Qu'ran did and still does today

4- The Qu'ran had not one Arabic grammar mistake, which was recognized by the disbelievers at the time of the Prophet, who were the founders of the Arabic language

These are a few examples of why Muslims believe in the Qur'an

Here are some verses from God to Muslims encouraging them to invite the People of the Book ( Jews and Christians to Islam ):

God said : {Say: "O People of the Book! Why reject ye the Signs of Allah, when Allah is Himself witness to all ye do?} (Quran 3:98

God tell Muslims to say : {..'We believe in that which had been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender} (Quran 29:46)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Until the Quran proclaims Christ as "God", It'll hold little value to Christians. Good post, though..thanks.

:)

3. wade

wade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Arabian - what scientific truths do you refer to? Can you point out some?

Thanks,

Wade.

4. Arabian

Arabian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi guys
    1st thanx cuz you liked the post -=d=-
    and i think we discussed something like that in http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11481
    i hope you read my post their
    and about you wade
    i already gave some examles in the board

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11562
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11117
    and dear wade if you want more you could visist this site
    http://www.it-is-truth.org/Index.shtml
    and if you wanna more you could mail me
    and im happy cuz you liked my post :cof:

5. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Arabian,

It is true that the region of the world that Islam emerged from and Islam itself produced many scientific achievements in the past. It was truly a remarkable area of the world and the people who lived their were deeply interested in mathematics, astronomy, and science.

So are you at all concerned now about what you see in that area of the world today? It seems that the Islam of present is not as interested in education and innovation as it once was. Some statistices have shown that Spain now publishes in one year the amount of literature the Middle East publishes in ten, radical mullahs keep out scientific achievements from the outside world while stifiling most everything but religious thought.

This area of the world used to be a leader in the areas of scientific achievement and education...and now one might argue that it is falling terribly, tragically behind.

Some might argue that it is the fundamentalists focus on religion that has done this to this part of the world...what are your thoughts?

6. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I'll comment on what you say, Arabian.

Everone is required to be misguided or else there is nothing to work with.

Jews were misguided Christians before both became misguided Muslims, and then all became misguided Mormans, Protestants, Catholics, etc.

But the tribes in the Middle East weren't anything but polytheists and heathens before Mohammad chose the moon god Allah to become supreme.

And with Allah came Mohammed as the sole word and ruler of Islam, nice deal!

Only until the empire grew to invade the lands of Jews and Christians did Islam need some excuse like "It's to correct them". And Allah must have seemed very pissed off as Mohammed explained. And either you listen and do what he says, or the 'almighty' will take a break and let Mohammed kill in his name. And so he did, in hundreds of towns, with senseless and bloodthirsty vigour for conquest.

And this still remains a primary venue of spreading Islam, because this is a written policy. Jesus was a pussy to Allah. Jesus had his crown of thorns and died helpless. Mohammed as sole tyrant of all Islam in his time was happy to kill helpless people to make a point. Jesus died a virgin and Mohammed kepts a stock of war booty, mostly Jewish girls, two who were made to watch every man in their town be lined up and beheaded along with their fathers and brothers and husbands. Then he got some Jew ass, either with a conversion by marriage or a sex slave role.

And when he died? What else but a Jew who poisoned him... years before he actually died. Poison science is tricky like that.

But Mohammed was all about kicking ass for God in his name, and the clerics who finally recorded the Koran still liked the idea of working in the name of Almighty God because Jew killing must be hard work for Allah himself?

Islam needs to GET OVER THE Jews!

Obviously all religions have taken their shot at hating Jews, because they all had to borrow from Judaism in the beginning.

Mohammed took one god of many, the Moon God "Allah", to be the supreme being for an otherwise rudimentary heathen and polytheist culture. From there the sword took it all the way to where the established Jewish towns stood in the way. In that case he slaughtered them by the townfull, often keeping young girls alive to choose as future wives or, on refusal of conversion to Islam, a sex slave. And such is the great argument for converting to a 'true' religion for them.

Allah seems pissed at Jews especially. Muslims are even encouraged to help do God's work in killing Jews, because is something the almighty likes to see, although it's all 'limited' to standards so vauge basically any Mullah can draw their own boundaries for their followers.

http://www.starlightresearch.com/Koranquotes.html

Not really. There is Jehovah and Mormanism from the 1800's and later still some whacko at Jonestown but what's a prophet but someone people believe in anyway?

Or maybe you reject Mormanism because is newer?

That means the Christians can also reject Mohammad because he was newer.

And the Jews reject Christ and all else but Moses.

Which is why everyone hates Jews because they cann scoff at everyone else's knockoff prophets.

Why would anyone speak for God, like you do? All that means is you believe in something unprovable and feel a little conceit about it, don't you?

Of course they do. Christians use the Old Testament and obviously the Jews know that too. Most don't care what the Muslims do really, but it's obviously a knockoff, what with pork and stonings and the one God idea, new to most Arabs under Islam for the first time.

Why is the Qur'an a miracle

Of course it should be untouchable, to be God's word it must be believed to be.

It was written after Muhammed's death by the clergy in power in his Islamic empire. I don't believe it was 'by God' but be free to believe what you want.

Which is confusing now that Mohammed was dead when it was written. If God wrote a book on science it would circle the planet. And it would be 100% right. The Koran is wrong about science too, or so I would dare believe.

Time warp? Mohammed was already dead when the Qu'ran was written, you with me?

Or maybe Arabic grammer was set out to emulate the Koran... just a thought.

I don't challenge your beliefs but simply wonder why no specifics are debatable. Everyone who blazes through unspecific reasons like that is not really exited about the science in particular, are they? No, most Muslims are just taught to be Muslims, like most everyone else in religious communities. And Muslims seriously have to get off state sponsored Islam to think straight about their choices. The West is far less religious than the Arab world in general, because of our choices.

Muslims say God said that. Did he or is the book a manual for empire building? All the nastier commands about war and the treatment of non-believers aren't exactly recruiting material, are they?

Every religion has their road to Xenu, Islam just happens to be a freeway.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I based much of the last post on this list of passages here:

http://www.starlightresearch.com/Koranquotes.html

It's much longer but this is what lies at the core of Islam's problems.

8. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    OK... if Muslims believed in the Bible, they would believe that Jesus was teh Son of God as the Bible claims, not that he was just a prophet, as Islam claims. This whole "Muslims believe in the same God you do" claim is false and has been debunked elsewhere. The fact is that Muslims do not believe in the "prophets and holy books" of either Judaism or Christianity.

Islam is the last message to the world? Is God giving up on humanity?

The Quran was not translated out of Arabic for centuries either. Converts to Islam were forced to learn Arabic to understand the religion. By contrast, the Jewish Torah is thousands of years old, yet current translations are confirmed by the Dead Sea Scrolls, which are over 2000 years old. The New Testament's accuracy is also confirmed from partial transcripts from the second century AD. So to say that the Quran is still accurate, when compared to the Torah and New Testament, is really nothing big.

I'd like to know what truths you are refering to. Since you don't offer any, there is no way to verify that this is true.

Anyone could write a book with miracles, scientific facts, and other stuff. Heck, I could pop one out in a week.

This is called proofreading. It has been common practice from ancient times, and continues today. Should I believe Bill Clinton's memoirs are divinely inspired because they contain no grammatical mistakes?

9. MJDuncan1982

MJDuncan1982 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    GOP

Islam does not claim to follow the bible. All three have the Torah as the source if I'm not mistaken. Therefore, all three religions share the old testament God.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Interesting, I believe my Faith because I asked God if it were correct and He answered...So why should I believe you when God says otherwise?

Also, having studied Islam a bit, i wonder if you realize that the Quran was note compiled as it is now until the reign of the Uthman the third Caliph. He eventually compiled the Quran. Before then the revelations were recited and not written (Arabic wasnt much of a written language at that point, mostly just spoken). Eventually when people began to write them down there were variations of the Quran going around so Uthman compiled the authoritative version and finished with the writing the Suras down that was begun by Abu Bakr.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/politics/firstfourcaliphs.html

I often have to question how accurate they were when Uthman finally compiled them. As i pointed out there were other versions at the time, it makes one question whether the revelations Uthman compiled were the accurate Sura's Mohammad was given or whether they were the corrupted versions. Despite the memory of the people i doubt they remembered all the Sura's perfectly after a generation.

You're argument that God would surely preseve the text doesnt seem to be much more than personal belief. Many christians believe that God has preserved the text of the Bible as well. So why would God allow the Bible to be corrupted according to you and now your Quran? If you believe the Bible is scripture and its been corrupted then there is precedant in allowing scripture to be corrupted. So why wouldnt your scripture be corrupted? Muslims are humans arent they? Is there anything that humans do that doesnt corrupt what they touch?

Quite frankly it doesnt matter to me whether the Bible is perfect. I believe God has preserved it very well and men can learn of Him and His dealings with man in the past. But it doent have to be perfect, because its a Book its meant to teach of a God who is perfect and can reveal His will to whomever He likes whenever He likes. God doesnt want us to rely solely on our own understanding of what He has revealed in the past but He wants us to find out for ourselves through revelation and prayer. He wants us to come to Him, to Learn of Him, to trust Him, and become like Him. So it really doesnt matter if any Holy Books are perfect as correctly point men to Him. I worship God, not a book. I hope I have given you something to think about.