Why many Balts are loyal to Hitler's regime?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
By this I mean the countries near the Baltic Sea, Lithuania, Latvia and possibly Estonia. There are some kind of marches of Wehrmacht veterans and something like that. It is believed that they are more loyal to this than other peoples such as Poles or Russians
I interested in what is it based on? It is believed that the Nazis considered the Eastern Slavs "Untermensch", and the Eastern Slavs are Balts by origin, apart from Lithuania and Latvia, they lived in the historical region of the Balts, which were located mainly in Belarus, in the upper reaches of the Dnieper, while Lithuania and Latvia are the best preserved the old Balts, they were not influenced by the Huns and Avars, and even retained their language.
As for the Estonians, they belong to the Sami.

Historical region of Balts
1200px-Baltic_cultures_600-200_BC_SVG.svg.png

Last edited:
Hitler was just misunderstood. If he had the social workers we do in this country, he would have came around. Possibly even brought about the messianic age.

• Banned
Assumes facts not in evidence.

The answer is, they're not. Opposing Putin's empire isn't the same as loyalty to a regime that fell 70 years ago.
What are you talking about specifically, about marches and loyalty?

This is fact

I don't think it is correctly to say they are loyal to Hitler's regime. But a significant part of the Baltic population greeted German soldiers as liberators from the Bolsheviks rule. As was the case in Western Ukraine.

• Banned
I don't think it is correctly to say they are loyal to Hitler's regime. But a significant part of the Baltic population greeted German soldiers as liberators from the Bolsheviks rule. As was the case in Western Ukraine.
Yes, this is so, but it is strange that they generally opposed the policy of Bolshevism, the Bolsheviks, by and large, lobbied the interests of the Baltic region. They themselves originated mainly from the same places, from the region of Minsk, Vilna and so on, historically it was a close region. In Ukraine, there were terrible famines, in Lviv the atrocities of the NKVD and executions of political prisoners on the eve of the retreat. In fact, at 20-30 it was genocide. Nothing of the kind was observed en masse in the northwest.

Last edited:
Yes, this is so, but it is strange that they generally opposed the policy of Bolshevism, the Bolsheviks, by and large, lobbied the interests of the Baltic region. They themselves originated mainly from the same places, from the region of Minsk, Vilna and so on, historically it was a close region. In Ukraine, there were terrible famines, in Lviv the atrocities of the NKVD and executions of political prisoners on the eve of the retreat. In fact, at 20-30 it was genocide. Nothing of the kind was observed en masse in the northwest.
The Soviet Union occupied the Baltic states in 1939. This resulted in 'sovetization' of the economy, collectivization of agriculture sector and shift in political life.

• Banned
The Soviet Union occupied the Baltic states in 1939. This resulted in 'sovetization' of the economy, collectivization of agriculture sector and shift in political life.
And how they fell away? They were part of the Russian Empire as Courland, Estland and Livonia provinces. It was the Bolsheviks who gave them autonomy?

And how they fell away? They were part of the Russian Empire as Courland, Estland and Livonia provinces. It was the Bolsheviks who gave them autonomy?
The Baltic states were independent in the inter-war period. They achieved their sovereignty after break up of the Russian Empire.

They achieved their sovereignty after break up of the Russian Empire.
How?
After the collapse of the Empire, the Bolsheviks seized power and controlled all territories that were incapable of resistance or were loyal
Was there a war between the Bolsheviks and the population of the Courland, Estland and Lyphland provinces?

Last edited:
How?
After the collapse of the Empire, the Bolsheviks seized power and controlled all territories that were incapable of resistance or were loyal
Was there a war between the Bolsheviks and the population of the Courland, Estland and Lyphland provinces?
Yes, there was a war there. On the side of the Baltic states were Russian White Guard, some Finnish troops (in Estonia), English navy etc.

As a whole 'Western war campaign' wasn't too successful for the Bolsheviks. They lost not only the Baltic states, but also Finland and Poland.

By the way, I discovered a curious fact, which I did not immediately pay attention to. Latvians are not Balts at all. They never entered the Baltic cultures. And the Lithuanians are Balts, only they are not real Lithuanians, but Curonians, and the Lithuanians lived in the upper reaches of the Neman. Obviously, the Slavic name of the Germans "Nemtsi" comes from them, but they are Balts and not Germans. This is a forgery.

Estonians are also not Balts, they are Sami, but it is known, but about Latvians it is not known at all that they are not Balts, their language is considered Baltic, and the question arises, who are they then?

As a whole 'Western war campaign' wasn't too successful for the Bolsheviks. They lost not only the Baltic states, but also Finland and Poland.
As I understand it, only Poland was a serious military force there. Then why didn't it annex these lands?

only they are not real Lithuanians, but Curonians
And it turns out that they received the name "Lithuania" just after the Bolsheviks came to power. Maybe this is the answer to this question, which is in the title topic?

As I understand it, only Poland was a serious military force there. Then why didn't it annex these lands?
Why should it? They didn't consider it as their land. Maybe some parts of Lithuania. They were more concerned about Western Ukraine, Belarus and Pomerania.

And it turns out that they received the name "Lithuania" just after the Bolsheviks came to power. Maybe this is the answer to this question, which is in the title topic?
The Grund Duchy of Lithuania existed since the 13th century.

Obviously, the Slavic name of the Germans "Nemtsi" comes from them, but they are Balts and not Germans. This is a forgery
The term 'Nemtsi' comes from a Russian word 'nemoj' that means 'the one who is unable to speak'.

Why should it? They didn't consider it as their land. Maybe some parts of Lithuania. They were more concerned about Western Ukraine, Belarus and Pomerania.
No. I alredy guessed right. During the civil war, a Lithuanian-Belarusian Soviet republic was formed there, but then Poland took it.

The term 'Nemtsi' comes from a Russian word 'nemoj' that means 'the one who is unable to speak'.
This is one of the versions, but it is stupid. According to this logic, they should have called the Chinese people that way too.

Forum List

Back