Why is our government funding PBS when they stifle free speech?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Look up PBS on YouTube. Almost all, if not all, of their videos have comments disabled. Even the far left outlets, BSNBC & CNN, don't prohibit speech on their channels.
So our government, which guarantees the right to free speech, is funding an organization that actively suppresses free speech.

DEFUND PBS

Example:

Look at the down votes on that video. I imagine plenty of people had plenty to say based on that but PBS isn't willing to honor freedom of speech.

I watch a fair number of PBS science videos and they not only allow comments but answer some of them.

Look up PBS on YouTube. Almost all, if not all, of their videos have comments disabled. Even the far left outlets, BSNBC & CNN, don't prohibit speech on their channels.
So our government, which guarantees the right to free speech, is funding an organization that actively suppresses free speech.

DEFUND PBS

Example:

Look at the down votes on that video. I imagine plenty of people had plenty to say based on that but PBS isn't willing to honor freedom of speech.

PBS is there to provide information, not run a USMB garbage fest of opinions from nutcases.

Not running a comments section does NOT stifle your free speech, unfortunately.

DEFUND PBS

Example:

Posting comments on line is not an issue of free speech.

DEFUND PBS

Example:

You don't understand free speech...at all.

Forum List

Back