Why Is Obama Dumping Tens Of Thousands Of Criminals Into Our Cities?

Obama has been the country's Deporter-in-Chief. As much as I dislike his immigration ideals, I cannot deny that fact.

That is only true if you count the people who Border Patrol has caught and immediately sent back across the border as deportations, as this administration does.

No previous administration has counted those as deportations, and if you remove them from the count, this administration hasn't deported in total what the Bush administration deported in either term separately.

And the numbers are...?

Obama has been the country's Deporter-in-Chief. As much as I dislike his immigration ideals, I cannot deny that fact.

That is only true if you count the people who Border Patrol has caught and immediately sent back across the border as deportations, as this administration does.

No previous administration has counted those as deportations, and if you remove them from the count, this administration hasn't deported in total what the Bush administration deported in either term separately.

And the numbers are...?

If you're actually interested,

Deportations Under Obama vs. Bush Who Deported More Immigrants New Republic

This Administration is once again playing loose with facts

"Why Is Obama Dumping Tens Of Thousands Of Criminals Into Our Cities?"

This fails as a straw man fallacy, as you've contrived a lie to misrepresent your opponents' position, where the president is doing no such thing.

That many conservatives are able to lie with such ease and disregard for the facts and truth is both sad and telling.

And the numbers are...?

:lol: I was just looking up that very same page to pull up the chart. At least we're on the same page. Literally. :biggrin:

To get on with some content though, your rationale is backwards. Under Obama, official deportations are up. Under Bush there were substantial informal "returns." I.E. people were caught sneaking across the border, and then were loaded onto buses and dropped off in Mexico, and there was no processing that was involved. So it's Bush's numbers who count people who were "caught and immediately sent back across the border as deportations" as you've described it.

DHS changed how things were done during Bush's second term so that there would be fewer informal returns and more formal deportations. The purpose was to keep better records of repeat immigration offenders. This approach has stayed the same ever since, resulting in more deportations and fewer informal returns.

And the numbers are...?

:lol: I was just looking up that very same page to pull up the chart. At least we're on the same page. Literally. :biggrin:

To get on with some content though, your rationale is backwards. Under Obama, official deportations are up. Under Bush there were substantial informal "returns." I.E. people were caught sneaking across the border, and then were loaded onto buses and dropped off in Mexico, and there was no processing that was involved. So it's Bush's numbers who count people who were "caught and immediately sent back across the border as deportations" as you've described it.

DHS changed how things were done during Bush's second term so that there would be fewer informal returns and more formal deportations. The purpose was to keep better records of repeat immigration offenders. This approach has stayed the same ever since, resulting in more deportations and fewer informal returns.

LOL

I understand that.
I'm just saying it is dishonest to say "look for the first 6 years Bush didn't deport as many as Obama" when in fact it's quite obvious that if you count the returns from those years as deportations, they were way up.

This fails as a straw man fallacy, as you've contrived a lie to misrepresent your opponents' position, where the president is doing no such thing.

That many conservatives are able to lie with such ease and disregard for the facts and truth is both sad and telling.
shut the fuck up jones.....like you dont misrepresent peoples position....has your ball dropped yet?....are you ready to come in here and actually debate something?...or are you still going to be the pussy dipshit you have always been here?.....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

That you think that only conservatives do such things is sad, and telling.

By the way, a strawman fallacy is where a person misrepresents another person's argument. Preferably without the audience knowing what the original argument was.

There was no straman here fool.

so?.....he deports a hundred and a hundred come in.....so whats the point?...

Well that's been true since 1776. So what's your point?
i wasnt saying whats YOUR point i was asking what is the point of deporting if they are still coming in....is that better?....

It keeps the border patrol employed?

Speaking of which, why are we not better funding the border patrol? If we increased their size by four we could take a substantial bite out of unemployment just from the boots on the ground. And the UE rate would go down even farther by getting rid of the illegals.

i wasnt saying whats YOUR point i was asking what is the point of deporting if they are still coming in....is that better?....

Speaking of which, why are we not better funding the border patrol? If we increased their size by four we could take a substantial bite out of unemployment just from the boots on the ground. And the UE rate would go down even farther by getting rid of the illegals.

In order to increase the Border Patrol by a factor of four, we would almost certainly have to hire unqualified persons.

We already have cops who shouldn't be cops.

The solution is to bring home the troops who are guarding Korea's northern border, and put them on our southern border.

They are already trained for the job.

Okay , maybe we'll forgo the minefield between the two countries, but the fences and dogs and drones can stay.

are they counted in the UE rate?....

are they counted in the UE rate?....

Yes, indirectly. Every illegal in the US who has a job = 1 American who does not have a job. Start sending them all home, and more Americans will be working.

MUCH simpler than that my friend.

Start fining businesses and individuals who hire them $100K per offense.

When the jobs dry up, they will self deport.

When the

Well, it's from the Daily Caller, so it must be true.
Wisdom from the Right: If The Daily Caller says it, it must be true.
Yep, the truth doesn't matter. Just consider the source and forget the rest.

That kind of thinking is what got that guy in the White House in the first place. And because of that there are hundreds of thousands of immigrants flooding our borders and blacks rioting all over the country. Obama is really helping race relations in this country, isn't he?

Yep, just consider the source and dismiss it off hand.

Why Is Obama Dumping Tens Of Thousands Of Criminals Into Our Cities?

Because fundamentally transforming America is hard to do and any avenue that he can take in order to accomplish his agenda he'll take.

Forum List

Back