Why Is Gas So High?

So, since you admit we have more than ample refining capacity, drilling more oil here will not lower gasoline prices here.

I'm just stating a fact. I wouldn't call it "more than ample", but refining capacity is adequate for meeting domestic fuel demads- up to a point. The net importation of gasoline fills that gap.

But as I said, like ag products so goes petroleum. It's a global market.
BTW- I take back that "small fraction" comment. We are exporting a considerable amount of gasoline. But as you know we are still a net importer.

Regarding crude- the focus of drilling isn't to bring down prices. It is to produce the commodity here as opposed to importing. It creates jobs, generates economic activity, and increases revenues to local state and federal treasuries.
Refining capacity is obviously more than adequate or we would not be a net exporter of refined oil products, and we ARE net exporters of refined oil products. The more refined oil products Big Oil exports, the higher the price they can charge here.

With the millions of unemployed, less fuel is being burned. It wasn't like this at all under President Bush when unemployment percentage were in the 4.5 percentage.

I'm just stating a fact. I wouldn't call it "more than ample", but refining capacity is adequate for meeting domestic fuel demads- up to a point. The net importation of gasoline fills that gap.

BTW- I take back that "small fraction" comment. We are exporting a considerable amount of gasoline. But as you know we are still a net importer.

Regarding crude- the focus of drilling isn't to bring down prices. It is to produce the commodity here as opposed to importing. It creates jobs, generates economic activity, and increases revenues to local state and federal treasuries.
Refining capacity is obviously more than adequate or we would not be a net exporter of refined oil products, and we ARE net exporters of refined oil products. The more refined oil products Big Oil exports, the higher the price they can charge here.

With the millions of unemployed, less fuel is being burned. It wasn't like this at all under President Bush when unemployment percentage were in the 4.5 percentage.
Exporting Gasoline started under Bush in 2008. Remember the $4.00 Bush gas in 2008?

Exporting Gasoline started under Bush in 2008. Remember the $4.00 Bush gas in 2008?

Are you saying that gasoline was being exported from this country when it was 4 dollars domestically? Do you have a link for that?

Are you saying that gasoline was being exported from this country when it was 4 dollars domestically? Do you have a link for that?
See the link in the OP.

People screaming "Drill Baby Drill" are damned fools.

They act as thought THEY will own the oil when it is found.

Morons.

See the link in the OP.

I remember 4 dollar gas in 2006-2007, 3 dollar gas in 2008..... Bush's final lame duck year. With a big majority in Congress, the Democrats had control of the country after 2006, with the major media asswipes deep up the democrats ass, Bush had absolutely no control. This was the real beginning of the crap we are in today. Business saw the way a Reid/Pelosi controlled Congress was going to go and basically shut down........ why do they want to help a group that is so antibusiness. The hope and change imbeciles compounded that by letting a no nothing, antibusiness, anti success, pro union asshole buy his way into the Presidency. How anyone that witnessed this jerk spend 730 million special interest dollars to beat a 72 year old that spent 150 million and still not understand what a total ass he is....... there is no hope.........just change for the worse.

So, since you admit we have more than ample refining capacity, drilling more oil here will not lower gasoline prices here.

Well not so fast,wait untill our demand goes back up,along with the worlds economies recovering ,then the capacity will not be so adequate.

Demand is down,its not that hard

It was late in 2008 when gasoline price dropped to $1.60 & demand plumeted due to recession, market crash & end of summer driving season.

ch.gaschart

We Still Import Oil

oilimport.jpg

Note the Price of Oil is Climbing yet Gasoline Price is Falling

ch.gaschart

Last edited:
All I know, is here in my area, gas is at $3.05.
And it has been slowly going down for the past few weeks......altho, a couple of times it will jump up a penny or two, but then it goes back down again.
This is the lowest I have seen it in ages.......

See the link in the OP.

I remember 4 dollar gas in 2006-2007, 3 dollar gas in 2008..... Bush's final lame duck year. With a big majority in Congress, the Democrats had control of the country after 2006, with the major media asswipes deep up the democrats ass, Bush had absolutely no control. This was the real beginning of the crap we are in today. Business saw the way a Reid/Pelosi controlled Congress was going to go and basically shut down........ why do they want to help a group that is so antibusiness. The hope and change imbeciles compounded that by letting a no nothing, antibusiness, anti success, pro union asshole buy his way into the Presidency. How anyone that witnessed this jerk spend 730 million special interest dollars to beat a 72 year old that spent 150 million and still not understand what a total ass he is....... there is no hope.........just change for the worse.
You "remember" only the revisionist history your MessiahRushie tells you.
Bush had veto power and the GOP had filibuster power which they used in record numbers. The Dems were powerless. Please name one bill that got past the GOP filibusters and Bush's veto pen that was anti-business! The GOP economy collapsed from the inertia of 6 years of CON$ervative stupidity.

Well not so fast,wait untill our demand goes back up,along with the worlds economies recovering ,then the capacity will not be so adequate.

Demand is down,its not that hard
Only because Big Oil is now shutting down refineries to jack up the prices once demand increases.

A conspiracy forum thread imo. :lmao:

Demand is down because production is down....

Only because Big Oil is now shutting down refineries to jack up the prices once demand increases.

Good lord almighty. Stupidity knows no bounds.
ConocoPhillips just closed the 190,000-barrel-a-day Trainer, Pennsylvania, refinery on Sept. 30, 2011. Sunoco Inc. has begun to shut its 194,000-barrel-a-day plant in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, and plans to close the 355,000-barrel-a-day Philadelphia refinery by July 2012. And these are just the East Coast closings.

Good lord almighty. Stupidity knows no bounds.
ConocoPhillips just closed the 190,000-barrel-a-day Trainer, Pennsylvania, refinery on Sept. 30, 2011. Sunoco Inc. has begun to shut its 194,000-barrel-a-day plant in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, and plans to close the 355,000-barrel-a-day Philadelphia refinery by July 2012. And these are just the East Coast closings.

If you made the effort to find those stats, you can dig for the reasons behind the closings.
The real reasons.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A conspiracy forum thread imo. :lmao:

Demand is down because production is down....

^ this...

yes, to cornucopians, rising oil price is all a big conspiracy... a 550% price increase over 12 years has had nothing to do with supply constraints, and is merely the result of artificial suppression of flow rates, keeping the oil in the ground so they can jack the price up. ... you know, by leftists. :rolleyes:

where they all met to get their story straight, and how no one has leaked any of it remains quite the mystery.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back