Why is Aunt Becky pleading not guilty ?

What is she hoping for a trial by the press, A jury trial? she could serve some time..................

Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli Plead Not Guilty In College Cheating Scandal

Actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, entered not guilty pleas Monday in federal court in Boston.

Both waived their right to appear in court for arraignment.

Federal prosecutors announced additional charges last week against Loughlin, Giannulli and 14 other wealthy parents. They face one count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest-services mail and wire fraud, as well as one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Loughlin is best known for playing the role of Aunt Becky on Full House. Giannulli's Mossimo brand was a core clothing label at Target until 2017.

LAW
Lori Loughlin, 15 Others Indicted On New Charges In College Admissions Scandal
Giannulli and Loughlin are accused of paying $500,000 in bribes arranged by college admissions consultant William "Rick" Singer to get their daughters admitted to the University of Southern California as recruits for the crew team, despite neither of them being a rower.

According to the Justice Department's superseding indictment, Giannulli and Loughlin made payments in 2016 and 2017 to former USC Associate Athletic Director Donna Heinel and to Key Worldwide Foundation, which was operated by Singer.
seems like when you feel entitled, you can do no wrong because you feel you are doing it for the "right" reasons.

kinda symbolic of the problems we face as a country in that if you can buy a better way, you do regardless of the rules. times are changing and she needs to change this tactic quickly or she's going to spend the rest of her time in "ladies only" showers.

The fact is that the people who complain the loudest are the people who would do the same thing if they had the money.
what a stupid stereotype.

it also just doesn't matter. she broke the law. she will now go through the process and we'll see how much good her money does her.

You people are the stupid ones. The fact is that most of these charges are pure bullshit. Prosecutors will use the fact that they are rich against them. There has to be some proportionality in the supposed crime. Prosecutors are looking for suckers like you.

Um no. It's not "pure bullshit" to bribe someone to get your kid into a school they don't qualify for. That's against the law and here's why:

Why Paying Bribes to Get Your Child Into College Is a Crime

Mail and wire fraud statutes identify a scheme to defraud as including the “right of honest services.” That turns the dishonesty of getting your child admitted to their college of choice into a crime that is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

If I had kids I would do what I thought was best for them to give them a head start in life. Maybe even bribe someone to get them into a special school.

If I had kids I would do what I thought was best for them to give them a head start in life. Maybe even bribe someone to get them into a special school.

And if caught you would be looking at federal prison time as well.

If you really want to help them get a head start, why not teach them that school is important and to make good grades so they can get in honestly? I don't think teaching your kids that bribing people for what you want is the best way to go.

To me, if her guilt can be proven, her pleading not guilty only seals the deal on her fate where her Hollywood existence is concerned. She won't even be able to get work in the commercial making field. Also, does she have any idea the bad example that she is setting for her kids? If she doesn't know that jail is what happens when you don't take the right kind of responsibility for your actions, how will her kids ever learn?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
She’s a liberal elitist who is about to learn a tough lesson on how the real world works. I have no sympathy for her.

then you would be someone's bitch at show and tell day at the prison.

If you really want to help them get a head start, why not teach them that school is important and to make good grades so they can get in honestly? I don't think teaching your kids that bribing people for what you want is the best way to go.
The best schools are picky. Having a 4.0 average isn't good enough to get into them.

The school you go to controls your lifetime friendships. I know an idiot whose rich because he has rich friends who like him and throw jobs/money at him because they want him to make it big. The only reason he has money is because of who he knows not what he knows.

The best schools are picky. Having a 4.0 average isn't good enough to get into them.

The school you go to controls your lifetime friendships. I know an idiot whose rich because he has rich friends who like him and throw jobs/money at him because they want him to make it big. The only reason he has money is because of who he knows not what he knows.

So that's what you want to teach your kids?

I want my kids to not have to worry about being homeless.
If they can successful rob a bank and get away with it I'm all for it.
What matters is that they survive.
Preferably not in jail.

Preferably not in jail.

Well then teaching them that bribery and bank robbery are the best ways to get by isn't the best way to keep them out of jail.

Preferably not in jail.

Well then teaching them that bribery and bank robbery are the best ways to get by isn't the best way to keep them out of jail.
I never said they were the best way to survive.
But getting into the best school, regardless as to how you got in, is a head start to success.
I would prefer they follow Trumps footsteps and become rich business owners.
However, my Nephews father has showed me it's more who you know than what you know. He makes his money by knowing the people who have money to spend and being able to blend in and buy underwear, for example, where his client wouldn't been able to because they would be mobbed at the store if they tried. He makes his money by knowing the rich, having grown up with them, but looking like a bum and being able to blend in with normal people while getting print jobs done, buying clothes, running errands.

Preferably not in jail.
i want the same. just done legally.

What is she hoping for a trial by the press, A jury trial? she could serve some time..................

Actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, entered not guilty pleas Monday in federal court in Boston.

Federal prosecutors announced additional charges last week against Loughlin, Giannulli and 14 other wealthy parents. They face one count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest-services mail and wire fraud, as well as one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Loughlin is best known for playing the role of Aunt Becky on Full House. Giannulli's Mossimo brand was a core clothing label at Target until 2017.

LAW
Giannulli and Loughlin are accused of paying $500,000 in bribes arranged by college admissions consultant William "Rick" Singer to get their daughters admitted to the University of Southern California as recruits for the crew team, despite neither of them being a rower.

According to the Justice Department's superseding indictment, Giannulli and Loughlin made payments in 2016 and 2017 to former USC Associate Athletic Director Donna Heinel and to Key Worldwide Foundation, which was operated by Singer.
seems like when you feel entitled, you can do no wrong because you feel you are doing it for the "right" reasons.

kinda symbolic of the problems we face as a country in that if you can buy a better way, you do regardless of the rules. times are changing and she needs to change this tactic quickly or she's going to spend the rest of her time in "ladies only" showers.

The fact is that the people who complain the loudest are the people who would do the same thing if they had the money.

it also just doesn't matter. she broke the law. she will now go through the process and we'll see how much good her money does her.

You people are the stupid ones. The fact is that most of these charges are pure bullshit. Prosecutors will use the fact that they are rich against them. There has to be some proportionality in the supposed crime. Prosecutors are looking for suckers like you.

Um no. It's not "pure bullshit" to bribe someone to get your kid into a school they don't qualify for. That's against the law and here's why:

Mail and wire fraud statutes identify a scheme to defraud as including the “right of honest services.” That turns the dishonesty of getting your child admitted to their college of choice into a crime that is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Again the penalty has to fit the crime. The fact is it may be a crime but we have to pay to put them in prison. I as a taxpayer say 20 years is ridiculous. We are not dealing with the mob. This has been blown all out of proportion.

Again the penalty has to fit the crime. The fact is it may be a crime but we have to pay to put them in prison. I as a taxpayer say 20 years is ridiculous. We are not dealing with the mob. This has been blown all out of proportion.

One: Its bribery

Two: her kids were taking the place of someone else who was trying real hard to get in college

Three: She felt her children was entitled because she is famous and a lot of money.

LAW

May be her only chance to avoid prison

Oh......................I was wondering what the heck.

“Loughlin’s plea of not guilty was expected and again procedural in nature. It in no way signals that she will not later decide to take a plea deal and plead guilty. This plea of not guilty in no way forecloses her from later accepting a plea offer and pleading guilty. That being said, one must be offered by the prosecution. To that end, this not guilty plea does not foreclose her, through her attorneys, from attempting to negotiate a post-indictment plea arrangement with the prosecution.”

LAW

If she is tried in California, she'll be found not guilty by reason of celebrity.

I don’t think prison is warranted for being an obsessive parent

LAW

see my next post after yours.

Lori Loughlin’s ‘options are limited’ after pleading not guilty in college admissions scam, legal experts say

LAW

see my next post after yours.

Lori Loughlin’s ‘options are limited’ after pleading not guilty in college admissions scam, legal experts say

I think it will come down to what the others are offered
Are 15 parents going to jail?

Forum List

Back