Why I hate conspiracy theorists

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Unlike a skeptic, a conspiracy theorist is a whole other breed.
A Conspiracy theorist is mentally ill... I am not a psychiatrist, I don't know psychiatry, but I do know a little bit more than just general things about psychiatry... and I can tell you right now that a person who refuses to be convinced with facts, who claims "nothing can convince me", who believes that humanity at this point in time has warp drive technology, or on the other hand, doesn't have the technology to sail down a river, or that the rich have special tunnels to escape, and thinks that a man has never been on the moon, or that our robots have never been on mars... with plans to send a live man there in the near future... is a nutbag... mentally ill.
There is definitely something wrong with the way that person thinks (and therefore a chemistry issue), and he is not a skeptic, he's a conspiracy theorist.

Conspiracy theorists don't ask questions, the just make up their own answers, they don't do any research, they take the facts that they already know, and roll the evidence backwards to meet their own whims.

These conspiracy theorists are also a danger to themselves, not necessarily a physical danger, but rather a danger to their own quality of life, by having it stuck in their head that everything is a scam.
This limits their ability to do any better for themselves.
It keeps them from becoming doctors, lawyers, architects, engineers, and scientists, you name it.
It also limits their ability to make a decent living in business.

If I were a psychiatrist, and a conspiracy theorist came to me for help.. I would start out by attempting to treat a list of problems all at the same time, that logically might be causing his conspiracy theories.

Jealousy and Envy-
This would allow a person to become a conspiracy theorist, because the conspiracy theories provides some sort of a defense mechanism, whereby somebody else's success is causing their failure.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder -
This would allow a person to become a conspiracy theorist, because of the "love of their own image" theory, whereby he believes that he has all the answers to everything.
Also because of the belief that humanity doesn't have the capabilities to travel to the moon, this would suggest that he doesn't think that people have a brain, or technological capabilities or experience, but he somehow or other has all the answers.

Paranoid Personality Disorder -

Pervasive distrust and suspicion of others and their motives
Unjustified belief that others are trying to harm or deceive you
Unjustified suspicion of the loyalty or trustworthiness of others
Hesitant to confide in others due to unreasonable fear that others will use the information against you

Histrionic personality disorder-

Constantly seeking attention
Speaks dramatically with strong opinions, but few facts or details to back them up

I would have the conspiracy theorist involuntarily committed... and he would be treated for those disorders.

Unlike a skeptic, a conspiracy theorist is a whole other breed.
A Conspiracy theorist is mentally ill... I am not a psychiatrist, I don't know psychiatry, but I do know a little bit more than just general things about psychiatry... and I can tell you right now that a person who refuses to be convinced with facts, who claims "nothing can convince me", who believes that humanity at this point in time has warp drive technology, or on the other hand, doesn't have the technology to sail down a river, or that the rich have special tunnels to escape, and thinks that a man has never been on the moon, or that our robots have never been on mars... with plans to send a live man there in the near future... is a nutbag... mentally ill.
There is definitely something wrong with the way that person thinks (and therefore a chemistry issue), and he is not a skeptic, he's a conspiracy theorist.

Conspiracy theorists don't ask questions, the just make up their own answers, they don't do any research, they take the facts that they already know, and roll the evidence backwards to meet their own whims.

These conspiracy theorists are also a danger to themselves, not necessarily a physical danger, but rather a danger to their own quality of life, by having it stuck in their head that everything is a scam.
This limits their ability to do any better for themselves.
It keeps them from becoming doctors, lawyers, architects, engineers, and scientists, you name it.
It also limits their ability to make a decent living in business.

If I were a psychiatrist, and a conspiracy theorist came to me for help.. I would start out by attempting to treat a list of problems all at the same time, that logically might be causing his conspiracy theories.

Jealousy and Envy-
This would allow a person to become a conspiracy theorist, because the conspiracy theories provides some sort of a defense mechanism, whereby somebody else's success is causing their failure.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder -
This would allow a person to become a conspiracy theorist, because of the "love of their own image" theory, whereby he believes that he has all the answers to everything.
Also because of the belief that humanity doesn't have the capabilities to travel to the moon, this would suggest that he doesn't think that people have a brain, or technological capabilities or experience, but he somehow or other has all the answers.

Paranoid Personality Disorder -

Pervasive distrust and suspicion of others and their motives
Unjustified belief that others are trying to harm or deceive you
Unjustified suspicion of the loyalty or trustworthiness of others
Hesitant to confide in others due to unreasonable fear that others will use the information against you

Histrionic personality disorder-

Constantly seeking attention
Speaks dramatically with strong opinions, but few facts or details to back them up

I would have the conspiracy theorist involuntarily committed... and he would be treated for those disorders.

and they smell bad.

I suspect that a lot of conspiricy theorist are quite successful. Who is that wrestler that became the Gov. Of Minnesota?

Goddess_Ashtara
is actually a Dreieinigkeit...

"Mein name ist Legion denn wir sind viele..."

Gotta laugh. Invention of these nonsenses is a great example of the creative ability of humanity.

Greg

The US Gov't charges people with "Conspiracy" darn near everyday.

Sounds like the OP doesn't have good enough arguements so he just resorts to name calling.

• Banned
The US Gov't charges people with "Conspiracy" darn near everyday.

Sounds like the OP doesn't have good enough arguements so he just resorts to name calling.

Nobody can deliver facts to an insular nutbag, not even a doctor could do that in 1 day, or in any time period unless the nut lives in his office for a few years.

And when nothing works, the problem isn't the facts or how its being presented... its a problem with your brain that it isn't getting through.

Its called "nobody can talk to him".

So as I said... I had enough.

My favorite conspiracy theory is that "The Gulf of Tonkin" incident never happened!

Except for the part when years later Robert McNamara confessed that it had never happened.

But hey, some people are just insular nutbags. KnowhatImean?

My favorite conspiracy theory is that "The Gulf of Tonkin" incident never happened!

Except for the part when years later Robert McNamara confessed that it had never happened.

But hey, some people are just insular nutbags. KnowhatImean?

And in what way does the actions of a government agency during the height and depths of the worldwide cold war representing our interests, give you a license to be thickheaded, insulting, abusive, factually false, and anti social, and become a failure yourself as an individual ?

Governments are not god, Governments are not without interests and the USA isn't dick sucking friend's with everybody on earth.

And btw, Communism is on the wrong side of history, along side Napoleon, Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, and Bin Laden.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back