Why I *Could* Support Donald Trump If He Gets the GOP Nomination

By the way, for those conservatives who--for some reason--worry about Trump on national security, Trump recently named Senator Jeff Sessions, the stalwart conservative senator from Alabama, as the chairman of his National Security Advisory Committee.

As for the complaint that Trump's tax plan gives more tax breaks to the rich, yes, that's because the rich are taxed much more heavily than any other group and pay a hugely disproportionate amount of taxes (for example, the top 1% pay 45% of all federal income taxes, and that's not counting the billions they pay in state and local taxes). But, even then, Trump raises some taxes on the rich but gives them breaks on others. If you want more jobs, let employers keep more of their profits so they have more money to invest in expansion, R&D, raises, bonuses, etc.

Yes, Trump's views on trade are very similar to Bernie Sanders' views--that's because Bernie happens to be 90% correct on trade. Sanders realizes that trade deals like NAFTA, CAFTA, etc., have been a disaster for American industry and American workers. Oh, those trade deals have some American-based multinational corporations a lot of money, but they've been terrible for American workers and our industrial base.

As for the guy ("Snouter") who said my avatar is of "some fag tea party nerd from hundreds of years ago," obviously his mind is beyond persuasion at this point. And, judging from his grammar and syntax, and verbiage, he is rather poorly educated anyway.

Last edited:
No I am stating Trump supporters are weak minded people that are easy marks for a good salesman.
So, you are stating that Trump is a good salesman, a good salesman can sell Freedom and Justice to the World, a good Salesman is what our businesses and industry needs? Yes? Or do you believe that hard working salesman are worthless?

A good salesman sells a good product.
A good salesman sells first and everything else second. I'd rather not deal with the fallout when the sale turns out to be made of BS.
So you are stating Salesman are all cons? From those selling smartphones, to those who sell rooftop solar?

By the way, for those conservatives who--for some reason--worry about Trump on national security, Trump recently named Senator Jeff Sessions, the stalwart conservative senator from Alabama, as the chairman of his National Security Advisory Committee.

As for the complaint that Trump's tax plan gives more tax breaks to the rich, yes, that's because the rich are taxed much more heavily than any other group and pay a hugely disproportionate amount of taxes (for example, the top 1% pay 45% of all federal income taxes, and that's not counting the billions they pay in state and local taxes). But, even then, Trump raises some taxes on the rich but gives them breaks on others. If you want more jobs, let employers keep more of their profits so they have more money to invest in expansion, R&D, raises, bonuses, etc.

Yes, Trump's views on trade are very similar to Bernie Sanders' views--that's because Bernie happens to be 90% correct on trade. Sanders realizes that trade deals like NAFTA, CAFTA, etc., have been a disaster for American industry and American workers. Oh, those trade deals have some American-based multinational corporations a lot of money, but they've been terrible for American workers and our industrial base.

As for the guy ("Snouter") who said my avatar is of "some fag tea party nerd from hundreds of years ago," obviously his mind is beyond persuasion at this point. And, judging from his grammar and syntax, and verbiage, he is rather poorly educated anyway.[/QUO

You have to admit Mike, it is kind of strange to see people complaining about getting more jobs, and fairer trade.

As for the guy ("Snouter") who said my avatar is of "some fag tea party nerd from hundreds of years ago," obviously his mind is beyond persuasion at this point. And, judging from his grammar and syntax, and verbiage, he is rather poorly educated anyway.[/QUO

You have to admit Mike, it is kind of strange to see people complaining about getting more jobs, and fairer trade.

Sorry, didn't mean to change your quote. Computer screwing up

No I am stating Trump supporters are weak minded people that are easy marks for a good salesman.
So, you are stating that Trump is a good salesman, a good salesman can sell Freedom and Justice to the World, a good Salesman is what our businesses and industry needs? Yes? Or do you believe that hard working salesman are worthless?

A good salesman sells a good product.
A good salesman sells first and everything else second. I'd rather not deal with the fallout when the sale turns out to be made of BS.
So you are stating Salesman are all cons? From those selling smartphones, to those who sell rooftop solar?
I'm stating Trump is an obvious con. How hard is it to realize? Answer:very hard for those who have been conned.

At times--not all the time, but sometimes--I find Donald Trump to be annoying, disappointing, rude, and abrasive. But, here are eight reasons that I could support him if he gets the GOP nomination:

1. Trump is the only Republican candidate who understands that trade deals like NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, etc., have been disastrous for our industrial base and for American jobs, and he is the only Republican candidate who is willing to use protective tariffs to protect American jobs and industry and to stop nations like China from fleecing us via currency manipulation and other unfair trade practices. Cruz and Rubio seem to have forgotten that the Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln strongly supported protective tariffs and that America flourished for decades behind the high, protective tariff rates that the Republican presidents and Republican-controlled Congresses established.

2. Trump is basically a non-interventionist and would not drag us into unnecessary wars and nation building. Trump opposed the Iraq War long, long before any other Republican leaders began to even hint at doubts about it, and he is one of the few GOP leaders who is willing to admit that the war was a horrible blunder. Trump is also the only GOP candidate who realizes that Vladimir Putin is our natural ally on many issues, especially ISIS. Trump has been strident in his attacks on the Iran nuclear deal, but he would not just "tear it up" as soon as he entered the White House, as Cruz has pledged to do. Trump is also open to maintaining the opening to Cuba without demanding all the conditions that neo-con Republicans have demanded (we would have no diplomatic relations with China, Russia, Pakistan, Thailand, etc., etc., if we adopted the same approach toward them that the neo-cons want us to adopt toward Cuba).

3. I believe Trump would be the toughest on illegal immigration, on securing our Southern border, and on ending the disgrace of sanctuary cities.

4. Since Trump does not want to change or privatize Social Security and Medicare but wants to pay for them with increased economic growth and with cuts in other areas, the Democrats would be unable to use these issues to scare seniors. Trump doesn’t even want to raise the retirement age for Social Security, and many, many Americans agree with that position.

5. Trump’s tax plan would be a huge improvement over what we have now. It’s not as conservative as Cruz’s plan, but it’s also not as easy to demagogue because it would give tax breaks to the middle class and would raise some taxes on the rich (while cutting other taxes on the rich).

6. I believe Trump would be able to get things done because I think he would be able to find middle ground with reasonable Democrats on a number of issues. I think he would have the best chance of ending much of the gridlock that has plagued Congress and the White House for a long time. I think he would govern as a centrist on some issues and as a conservative on other issues.

7. Trump’s position on Planned Parenthood would be the hardest for the Democrats to demagogue, since he has been willing to acknowledge that Planned Parenthood does perform some worthwhile functions. Trump has said he would cut federal funds for PP because of their involvement with abortion, but he would not be hostile toward PP (whereas Ted Cruz has pledged to have the DOJ investigate PP).

8. People who follow politics know that if you want to know how a candidate is going to govern, look at the people with whom he surrounds himself; look at his campaign manger and his other top aides. Trump’s campaign manger is a former state director of Americans for Prosperity and a former campaign manager for former ultra-conservative Senator Bob Smith of New Hampshire; his deputy campaign manager was Sarah Palin’s chief of staff; his recruiting staffer worked for ardent conservative Senator Pat Roberts of Kansas; his national field director was a founding member of Americans for Prosperity; and his national spokeswoman was a spokeswoman for the Tea Party Leadership Fund. I might add that Trump’s adult children are conservatives (for example, go to YouTube and watch some of the interviews that Eric Trump has given, and Trump's daughter Ivanka is a practicing Orthodox Jew).
Talking yourself into it because thats the best option left for the GOP eh.
1. Agree and I could not be happier some on the right realize this. And yes some on the left don't. This should be a bipartisan issue for everyone.
2.Once again I couldn't be happier some on the right realize this, and yes some on the left don't.
3.I can see Trump being tougher with immigration but nothing like the platitudes he claims will come to pass.
4.Right. Most Americans agree because it is the right position. Like it or not social security is a great program that insures none of our elderly have to struggle in their most vulnerable years.
5.Trumps tax plan will cut taxes for the rich more than anyone else. Fail.
6.This is certainly possible because Trump is not far right like Cruz who's idea of compromise is to shut down the govt.
7.Trump will let PP remain because it is a great resource for young women's health especially.
8.This is true they are establishment people from the enlightened North. Don't be surprised if they have liberal social policies.

plat·i·tude
ˈpladəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
noun: platitude; plural noun: platitudes
  1. a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful.
    "she began uttering liberal platitudes"
    synonyms: cliché, truism, commonplace, banality, old chestnut, bromide, inanity,banal/trite/hackneyed/stock phrase
    "boring us with his platitudes"

At times--not all the time, but sometimes--I find Donald Trump to be annoying, disappointing, rude, and abrasive. But, here are eight reasons that I could support him if he gets the GOP nomination:

1. Trump is the only Republican candidate who understands that trade deals like NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, etc., have been disastrous for our industrial base and for American jobs, and he is the only Republican candidate who is willing to use protective tariffs to protect American jobs and industry and to stop nations like China from fleecing us via currency manipulation and other unfair trade practices. Cruz and Rubio seem to have forgotten that the Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln strongly supported protective tariffs and that America flourished for decades behind the high, protective tariff rates that the Republican presidents and Republican-controlled Congresses established.

2. Trump is basically a non-interventionist and would not drag us into unnecessary wars and nation building. Trump opposed the Iraq War long, long before any other Republican leaders began to even hint at doubts about it, and he is one of the few GOP leaders who is willing to admit that the war was a horrible blunder. Trump is also the only GOP candidate who realizes that Vladimir Putin is our natural ally on many issues, especially ISIS. Trump has been strident in his attacks on the Iran nuclear deal, but he would not just "tear it up" as soon as he entered the White House, as Cruz has pledged to do. Trump is also open to maintaining the opening to Cuba without demanding all the conditions that neo-con Republicans have demanded (we would have no diplomatic relations with China, Russia, Pakistan, Thailand, etc., etc., if we adopted the same approach toward them that the neo-cons want us to adopt toward Cuba).

3. I believe Trump would be the toughest on illegal immigration, on securing our Southern border, and on ending the disgrace of sanctuary cities.

4. Since Trump does not want to change or privatize Social Security and Medicare but wants to pay for them with increased economic growth and with cuts in other areas, the Democrats would be unable to use these issues to scare seniors. Trump doesn’t even want to raise the retirement age for Social Security, and many, many Americans agree with that position.

5. Trump’s tax plan would be a huge improvement over what we have now. It’s not as conservative as Cruz’s plan, but it’s also not as easy to demagogue because it would give tax breaks to the middle class and would raise some taxes on the rich (while cutting other taxes on the rich).

6. I believe Trump would be able to get things done because I think he would be able to find middle ground with reasonable Democrats on a number of issues. I think he would have the best chance of ending much of the gridlock that has plagued Congress and the White House for a long time. I think he would govern as a centrist on some issues and as a conservative on other issues.

7. Trump’s position on Planned Parenthood would be the hardest for the Democrats to demagogue, since he has been willing to acknowledge that Planned Parenthood does perform some worthwhile functions. Trump has said he would cut federal funds for PP because of their involvement with abortion, but he would not be hostile toward PP (whereas Ted Cruz has pledged to have the DOJ investigate PP).

8. People who follow politics know that if you want to know how a candidate is going to govern, look at the people with whom he surrounds himself; look at his campaign manger and his other top aides. Trump’s campaign manger is a former state director of Americans for Prosperity and a former campaign manager for former ultra-conservative Senator Bob Smith of New Hampshire; his deputy campaign manager was Sarah Palin’s chief of staff; his recruiting staffer worked for ardent conservative Senator Pat Roberts of Kansas; his national field director was a founding member of Americans for Prosperity; and his national spokeswoman was a spokeswoman for the Tea Party Leadership Fund. I might add that Trump’s adult children are conservatives (for example, go to YouTube and watch some of the interviews that Eric Trump has given, and Trump's daughter Ivanka is a practicing Orthodox Jew).
1. Agree and I could not be happier some on the right realize this. And yes some on the left don't. This should be a bipartisan issue for everyone.
2.Once again I couldn't be happier some on the right realize this, and yes some on the left don't.
3.I can see Trump being tougher with immigration but nothing like the platitudes he claims will come to pass.
4.Right. Most Americans agree because it is the right position. Like it or not social security is a great program that insures none of our elderly have to struggle in their most vulnerable years.
6.This is certainly possible because Trump is not far right like Cruz who's idea of compromise is to shut down the govt.
7.Trump will let PP remain because it is a great resource for young women's health especially.
8.This is true they are establishment people from the enlightened North. Don't be surprised if they have liberal social policies.

plat·i·tude
ˈpladəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
  1. a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful.
    synonyms: cliché, truism, commonplace, banality, old chestnut, bromide, inanity,banal/trite/hackneyed/stock phrase
I will keep that in mind for all your short comments that mean nothing.

plat·i·tude
ˈpladəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
I will keep that in mind for all your short comments that mean nothing.

Someone who uses a word when they dont know what it means is a pet peeve of mine....sue me.

Since he has never put out a single policy in detail, I love the way you have convinced yourself by making things up.

plat·i·tude
ˈpladəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
Nope, those were not platitudes. Look up my posts and see how many times I have criticized Trump, sometimes very sharply. Trump was not my first pick. I wanted Ben Carson. And, until a few days ago, Kasich was my second pick.

But, I am utterly disgusted with Kasich's attempt to blame Trump for the actions of the leftist mob that shut down the Trump rally in Chicago a couple days ago. I'm not shocked that Cruz and Rubio did the same thing, but I expected better from Kasich.

I still prefer Kasich over Cruz and Rubio, but Kasich's pathetic response to the Chicago incident has caused me to consider Trump more seriously, even though I think Kasich might, just might, have the best chance of beating Hillary.

No offense, but it disgusting if someone has to think twice about a decision. I mean imagine if we need 8 criteria to have a fuck relationship. You either make a decision or you are a fucking douchebag. And why does the douchebag have an avatar of some fag tea party nerd from hundreds of years ago.

Interesting that when liberals attempt to slime somebody, they often call them fags or some other offensive name for homosexuals. Aren't they who claim to be the champions of LGBT type people?

...make Made in America...

... a commonly seen label on most every item you buy, whether consumable or durable. :up:

the "union label" now sports a "made in china" logo.
Deregulation and republican hate for unions has certainly made that happen. Thanks.

When are you left wing drones going to wake the hell up, the highest corporate taxes in the world ring a bell? Hundreds of thousands of pages of jobs killing regulations ring a bell? Your dumb ass president killing the Keystone pipeline and the high paying jobs heard of it? HELLO earth to liberal drones is the light on between your ears?

... a commonly seen label on most every item you buy, whether consumable or durable. :up:

Deregulation and republican hate for unions has certainly made that happen. Thanks.

When are you left wing drones going to wake the hell up, the highest corporate taxes in the world ring a bell? Hundreds of thousands of pages of jobs killing regulations ring a bell? Your dumb ass president killing the Keystone pipeline and the high paying jobs heard of it? HELLO earth to liberal drones is the light on between your ears?
Us drones are sick of the excuses and BS about "big jobs" from a little pipeline and that we will get more jobs if we just deregulate some more and give some more tax breaks. All that has lead to is "American" companies using foreign labor anywhere they can, and the middle class picking up the bill for the "job creating" tax breaks. No one with a brain believes the bullshit you are pushing anymore.

Us drones are sick of the excuses and BS about "big jobs" from a little pipeline and that we will get more jobs if we just deregulate some more and give some more tax breaks. All that has lead to is "American" companies using foreign labor anywhere they can, and the middle class picking up the bill for the "job creating" tax breaks. No one with a brain believes the bullshit you are pushing anymore.

Ah speaking of brainwashed liberal dimwits ^^^

Ah speaking of brainwashed liberal dimwits ^^^
Wow! What a impressive reply full of facts.

I'm stating Trump is an obvious con. How hard is it to realize? Answer:very hard for those who have been conned.
The only thing easy too realize is your are as stupid as it gets, I have been flaming your posts, pointing out your misunderstanding "Good Salesman". The term you were looking for was "used car salesman". Who "conned" you? You have zero understanding of our sayings? You are obviously not from the USA, you should get lost and go back to where you came from, which is why you hate Trump, cause that is what he will do to you. Send your illegal alien ass back to hence it came.

Okay, I see that Kasich has modified his response to the leftist thuggery at Trump rallies. Although he still thinks that Trump has created a "toxic atmosphere with his rhetoric," he acknowledges that the real problem is the thuggish conduct of many of the protesters.

I think the charge that Trump has created a "toxic atmosphere" is overblown, but I'm glad to see Kasich acknowledge that the real problem is the conduct of many of the protesters.

I'm still waiting for Cruz and Rubio to acknowledge this fact.

Forum List

Back