Why I carry an iPhone

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
This is yet another amazing story from Haiti. {{Prayers to the people of Haiti}}

Trapped father survives with help of phone app - CNN.com

Alone in the darkness beneath layers of rubble, Dan Woolley felt blood streaming from his head and leg.

Then he remembered -- he had an app for that.

Woolley, an aid worker, husband, and father of two boys, followed instructions on his cell phone to survive the January 12 earthquake in Haiti.

"I had an app that had pre-downloaded all this information about treating wounds. So I looked up excessive bleeding and I looked up compound fracture," Woolley told CNN.

The application on his iPhone is filled with information about first aid and CPR from the American Heart Association. "So I knew I wasn't making mistakes," Woolley said. "That gave me confidence to treat my wounds properly."

Trapped in the ruins of the Hotel Montana in Port-au-Prince, he used his shirt to bandage his leg, and tied his belt around the wound. To stop the bleeding on his head, he firmly pressed a sock to it.

Ive had that app in my head for 35 years.
Im glad the guy was able to help himself as a result of technology .
The tragedy in Haiti is real bad.

Last edited:
This is yet another amazing story from Haiti. {{Prayers to the people of Haiti}}

Trapped father survives with help of phone app - CNN.com

Alone in the darkness beneath layers of rubble, Dan Woolley felt blood streaming from his head and leg.

Then he remembered -- he had an app for that.

Woolley, an aid worker, husband, and father of two boys, followed instructions on his cell phone to survive the January 12 earthquake in Haiti.

"I had an app that had pre-downloaded all this information about treating wounds. So I looked up excessive bleeding and I looked up compound fracture," Woolley told CNN.

The application on his iPhone is filled with information about first aid and CPR from the American Heart Association. "So I knew I wasn't making mistakes," Woolley said. "That gave me confidence to treat my wounds properly."

Trapped in the ruins of the Hotel Montana in Port-au-Prince, he used his shirt to bandage his leg, and tied his belt around the wound. To stop the bleeding on his head, he firmly pressed a sock to it.

whatsa name of tha app? iSore? good for the guy to survive. i guess the other guys in haiti now need iPhones, too. for the next quakes and floods.

That is pretty cool, this why I am glad I took First Aid at school last summer. We learned how to bandage pretty much any sort of injury, and we also learned how to make water in the desert. :lol:
It also helped me realize that my mom was having a heart attack two months ago by her symptoms, while my dad was ready to wait to take her to the doctor.

This is the best app![ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnaPVEcVzLg]YouTube - iPhone Digital Scale Demo! - Install Jailbreak App iScale[/ame]

Forum List

Back