Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

Do you invest in stocks or Mutual Funds? You better make sure none of the CEOs or Board of Directors of the companies you bought stock in "spout right wing lies". You wouldn't want to support their demagoguery, now would you? And also take a second look at all the things in your shopping cart. You could be supporting a Right Wing Fringe Hate group when you buy that box of Cheetos.

L.L. Bean is a privately held company.

The quality is extraordinary. I've got a number of classic pieces. Seems with Ms. Bean's conservative record I could up the ante this year and spend a little more.

I will not purchase anything from a company that I know support the orange clown. His support of an EU breakup, and the weakening of NATO borders on treason.

I'm sure your $11 is going to make quite a political statement.

587d1325170000880192a5db.jpeg

The return of two $30 pairs of gloves will not impress Linda Bean or move the needle at L.L. Bean, but it makes a big difference to me.

Dear L.L. Bean,

When I lost my favorite pair of L.L. Bean rag wool gloves last week, I immediately purchased a replacement pair online. Chronically prone to losing my gloves, I even bought an extra pair.

I’d like to explain why I canceled that order.

I’ve been a customer of Bean’s for nearly 40 years—since the days when the clothes in your catalog were modeled by staff members in the office parking lot in Freeport, Maine.

I even worked as a technology consultant to L.L. Bean in the 1990s when the catalog was integrating its first workflow software. I was told all about “Beanness”—the company’s expression of its unique culture and its guiding philosophy—and was taken on a tour of your fulfillment center. I still have the Swiss Army knife I purchased from the outlet store afterward.

I’ve played chamber music at summer festivals hosted by the University of Maine at Orono and by the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, where I fell in love with the state’s rocky coastline; since then, I’ve always been happy to support Maine-based businesses. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Bean merchandise over the years.

And I’ve always been willing to look the other way when Bean family members spouted lies, supported right-wing candidates whose beliefs were antithetical to my own, and endorsed right-wing causes that directly threatened me, my family, and my friends.

But this time things have gone too far.

More: Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

You should read the rest of the OP link. It is delicious. Thank you Andrew Miller. I usually spend a few hundred with L.L. Bean each year - but no more.
I have a new hero...LL Bean.

I will not purchase anything from a company that I know support the orange clown. His support of an EU breakup, and the weakening of NATO borders on treason.

Funny how you'll call anyone who proposes policies and positions different from your established worldviews a traitor.
So you think that breaking up the EU is in the interests of the United States? Do you think that abandoning the NATO nations is a good policy? Which nations in Europe do you think that we should allow Russia to annex?

So tell me what countries in the E.U gained and how it benefited for them to lose sovereign right to make decisions about their country and their borders...decisions made from a group of un-elected tools of the banking oligarchs in Brussels, Belgium, dumb fuck? Debate me on this..........bring it.

I will be perusing the wares of L.L Bean.....I am sure that there is something that they have I wish to purchase......hell, I'll buy something just out of spite and give it away if need be.

I don't think I've ever ordered anything from LLBean, I'm too cheap........ :thup:

Same here, I'm into Walmart fashions.

Sportsmansguide.com and CheaperthanDirt.........

I've ordered from Sportsman Guide.
Okay, hopefully they support something you hate. Oh they do!! The NRA......... :thup:

All ammo and gun sources support the NRA. However, I have had a liberal gunsmith make a couple great hunting rifles for me.

I don't think I've ever ordered anything from LLBean, I'm too cheap........ :thup:

Okay, hopefully they support something you hate. Oh they do!! The NRA......... :thup:

All ammo and gun sources support the NRA. However, I have had a liberal gunsmith make a couple great hunting rifles for me.

The NRA is the biggest enemy of the commie left...which is why the commies constantly attack them. You see, the commies want and crave a disarmed citizenry.........one that can have no hope of defending themselves. 250 million people have died under communism because they had no means to resist and that is exactly what those like you want.....not gonna happen....at least in my lifetime. The "state" is your god.....and anyone that resists must be dealt with. That is how those like you "roll".......

The NRA is the biggest enemy of the commie left...which is why the commies constantly attack them. You see, the commies want and crave a disarmed citizenry.........one that can have no hope of defending themselves. 250 million people have died under communism because they had no means to resist and that is exactly what those like you want.....not gonna happen....at least in my lifetime. The "state" is your god.....and anyone that resists must be dealt with. That is how those like you "roll".......

The NRA was once a great outfit and I was a faithful member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

The NRA was once a great outfit and I was a faithful member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977.

The NRA sucks.

I am a member of the

logo.png

They NEVER compromise.

Yeah when you]guys became gun grabber nutjobs!

Forum List

Back