Why I Avoid The Police State

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Real Climate Science

Posted on June 8, 2020 by tonyheller

Excerpt:

During the summer of 2010, I left a restaurant in Fort Collins at 10 PM. There was no one else out at that time, and I rode my bicycle on the sidewalk half a block and then turned down an alley. There were two cops waiting there who wrote me a $15 ticket for riding my bicycle on the sidewalk. I told them I was astonished that the city was paying for two cops to write such pointless tickets late at night – and they didn’t disagree with me. The whole thing was absurd and I forgot about the ticket.

The following winter I was riding my bicycle in downtown Fort Collins and got broadsided by a car with three college kids in it (that was back when kids attended college.) My bike was damaged and I was injured, but the kids refused to give me their insurance information. So I called the police, and a cop showed up about twenty minutes later. He slammed me to the ground, handcuffed me and hauled me off to the county lockup – because I hadn’t paid my $15 ticket from the previous summer, and there was a warrant out for my arrest.

LINK

Real Climate Science

Excerpt:

During the summer of 2010, I left a restaurant in Fort Collins at 10 PM. There was no one else out at that time, and I rode my bicycle on the sidewalk half a block and then turned down an alley. There were two cops waiting there who wrote me a $15 ticket for riding my bicycle on the sidewalk. I told them I was astonished that the city was paying for two cops to write such pointless tickets late at night – and they didn’t disagree with me. The whole thing was absurd and I forgot about the ticket.

The following winter I was riding my bicycle in downtown Fort Collins and got broadsided by a car with three college kids in it (that was back when kids attended college.) My bike was damaged and I was injured, but the kids refused to give me their insurance information. So I called the police, and a cop showed up about twenty minutes later. He slammed me to the ground, handcuffed me and hauled me off to the county lockup – because I hadn’t paid my $15 ticket from the previous summer, and there was a warrant out for my arrest.

LINK
That sucks, big time! How did it turn out?

Real Climate Science

Excerpt:

LINK

Did you read the article? the answer is in there.

Real Climate Science

Excerpt:

LINK

Did you read the article? the answer is in there.
Just the link. Thanks for pointing it out.

Real Climate Science

Excerpt:

LINK
WINNER.png

Broke the law...ignored the ticket...didn't pay OR go to court...a bench warrant was issued...next contact with police he gets arrested.

Exactly as it should have happened.

Is he bitching because he got a ticket for something he knew was illegal but did anyway because "no one was around"?

What an irresponsible, entitled douche.

Real Climate Science

Excerpt:

LINK
That's really funny, sorry. They probably had to make certain amount of arrest before returning to their precinct.

Forum List

Back