Why Hillary is not dropping out

"then she's got most of the older women (WHO FREAKING VOTE, BTW... UNLIKE COLLEGE KIDS) and it's more about seeing her as better. That type of thing has been horribly divisive and is one of the major reasons that as of right now that a lot of Hillary folk won't support him."

lol...one of obama's supporter insinuated i'm rasicst so i'm going to vote for mccain to prove them wrong.

You deserve a cookie for helping the Republican cause! Thank you, thank you, we knew we could count on you...

You know I honestly think PRIDE has a lot to do with her not wanting to back down or just stop being vocal about her presence. Hillary thought she was going to breeze through this primary, she said this primary would be over by Super Tuesday. She came in with the name recognition and the feminist support, however, she has surprisingly struggled in this primary and she is in shock! No matter what the numbers say, no matter how negative she has to go, she will do whatever it takes to win, which is kind of sad.

You deserve a cookie for helping the Republican cause! Thank you, thank you, we knew we could count on you...

No problem!

By the way, how are the polls looking? With the dogfight between the Dems, McCain must be way ahead, right?...wait its a tie...whoops....

Well in fundraising at least, McCain must be pulling in more than each of them, right? Wait...Obama pulled in double McCain in April, and even Hillary got more than McCain...whoops...

Your gonna need a lot more than this to make McCain viable.

There's a reason she's still in this race. And I, for one, support that reason. Sure, Obama's got millions of supporters, but he's also get millions of haters. You'll see those millions go to the polls and put a mark next to McCain in November, myself included.

hillary has just as many if not more haters than obama does. funny that you conveniently forget that. what i find mindboggling is how many clinton supporters would prefer mccain to obama when they agree on nearly every issue. someone who agrees with the principles of the dem party should have no problem voting for obama. i fail to see how mccain would be better. ive been trying to understand this, but it makes no sense. why would hillary dem's rather see their party lose? somebody help me with this

hillary has just as many if not more haters than obama does. funny that you conveniently forget that. what i find mindboggling is how many clinton supporters would prefer mccain to obama when they agree on nearly every issue. someone who agrees with the principles of the dem party should have no problem voting for obama. i fail to see how mccain would be better. ive been trying to understand this, but it makes no sense. why would hillary dem's rather see their party lose? somebody help me with this

People don't like to lose. It's human nature to be resentful.

And if anybody is resentful it would be Hillary who thought she had the nomination wrapped up before she began....

I also don't think Hillary necessarily gives a damn about the Party (except when it helps her). I think she is taking this nomination process to the bitter end (pun intended) so that, as she says, everybody's vote counts. And when the Party disenfranchises Michigan and Florida voters...who knows...she may go to bat for them (& herself of course)....in court.

She shouldn't drop out because she keeps gaining votes. If they had counted her wins in Michigan and Florida from the beginning, she'd be the nominee. But at this point they can't take it from Obama now, they're in too deep.

Some people, like myself, aren't Democrats. We don't support parties, we support candidates. Hillary and Obama are NOT identical on the issues. Hell, how can you even make that claim? Obama didn't even vote on half the measures that came through Congress last year. I don't even know where the liberal son of a bitch stands on things that matter to me. Sure, he SAYS he supports something, but he doesn't even vote on it.

And, you're right, Hillary DOES have a lot of haters. In fact, when this race started, I thought it was the anti-Clinton voters that would give this thing to Obama five months ago. But, to my surprise, there are apparently either a LOT more Clinton supporters than I thought, or there are a LOT of Obama haters. At this point, I can't tell what it is. But it's obvious BOTH of these candidates are polarizing.

Some people, like myself, aren't Democrats. We don't support parties, we support candidates. Hillary and Obama are NOT identical on the issues. Hell, how can you even make that claim? Obama didn't even vote on half the measures that came through Congress last year. I don't even know where the liberal son of a bitch stands on things that matter to me. Sure, he SAYS he supports something, but he doesn't even vote on it.

And, you're right, Hillary DOES have a lot of haters. In fact, when this race started, I thought it was the anti-Clinton voters that would give this thing to Obama five months ago. But, to my surprise, there are apparently either a LOT more Clinton supporters than I thought, or there are a LOT of Obama haters. At this point, I can't tell what it is. But it's obvious BOTH of these candidates are polarizing.

Wait, that can't be true!!! Obama is the UNIFIER! He's here to bring us all together. Resistance is futile.

no, what is futile is Hillary's presidential bid in 08.

You know what, some of you are right, Hillary and Obama do not agree on every issue, hence Hillary voted for the war in Iraq and Obama didn't. Good point!

Or, how about the 39 issues Obama DIDN'T vote on last year that Hillary did vote for. I'd rather have a politician who votes on measures so I know where they stand than someone who votes "Present" just so they can keep their true feelings private. That's pretty shady stuff.

She voted for the war on Iraq based on false information given to her, just like everyone else. I actually hold Obama in contempt for voting the way he did. The entire world thought Iraq had nukes, and the entire world thought they would be aimed at the US. Any politician that voted against that war doesn't care about national security, in my opinion. If I were in the position to vote, I would have voted just like the majority did. It was the RIGHT thing to do at the time. In hindsight, it would have been a mistake. Shit happens.

But don't credit Obama for being the ALMIGHTY politician who knew Iraq didn't have nukes. If he DID know Iraq didn't have nukes, he had information no one else had, and that would worry me more than anything. He didn't vote against the war because he didn't believe the Bush administration, he didn't vote against the war because he's a pacifist. And THAT is exactly why I don't support the guy. If there is an imminent threat to this country, I want someone that's going to push the button and stop it. I don't want to wait for the nuke to drop before I declare war. This is exactly why Clinton's 3 A.M. ad hit home with me, because it's true.

I'm also proud Hillary admitted it was a mistake. A mistake based on false information, at that. What I don't like is how the Bush administration continues a war we started based on false pretenses. We went into Iraq to find nukes, after we didn't find them, he turned it into, "OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM! SAVE THE OPPRESSED FROM THEIR EVIL DICTATOR!" He didn't give a flying fuck about saving those people, he just wanted a reason to stay there. Call Kerry a flip flopper if you want, but I hold him at the same regard as I hold Hillary on the Iraq war. They made the right choice at the right time, and they admitted it was a mistake later. THEY want to correct their mistake, Bush doesn't. But it's easy for Obama not to make mistakes when he just votes against everything, or when he doesn't vote at all. If you don't vote, you don't have to take the blame for anything. It's thing just like this that make me not trust Obama, and it makes me wonder who the guy got elected in the first place. He sure represents his state well. :rolleyes:

Or, how about the 39 issues Obama DIDN'T vote on last year that Hillary did vote for. I'd rather have a politician who votes on measures so I know where they stand than someone who votes "Present" just so they can keep their true feelings private. That's pretty shady stuff.

Hillary voted for issues in the Illinois legislature?

She voted for the war on Iraq based on false information given to her, just like everyone else. I actually hold Obama in contempt for voting the way he did. The entire world thought Iraq had nukes, and the entire world thought they would be aimed at the US. Any politician that voted against that war doesn't care about national security, in my opinion. If I were in the position to vote, I would have voted just like the majority did. It was the RIGHT thing to do at the time. In hindsight, it would have been a mistake. Shit happens.

Nobody thought Iraq had nukes.

But don't credit Obama for being the ALMIGHTY politician who knew Iraq didn't have nukes. If he DID know Iraq didn't have nukes, he had information no one else had, and that would worry me more than anything. He didn't vote against the war because he didn't believe the Bush administration, he didn't vote against the war because he's a pacifist. And THAT is exactly why I don't support the guy. If there is an imminent threat to this country, I want someone that's going to push the button and stop it. I don't want to wait for the nuke to drop before I declare war. This is exactly why Clinton's 3 A.M. ad hit home with me, because it's true.

Bush was fear-mongering and the entire Democratic party bought into it because they were too chicken shit to be seen as against national security. Hillary failed in that vote.

Hillary voted for issues in the Illinois legislature?

Mmmm...the U.S. Senate, perhaps?

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/votes.htm

I also find it hilarious that Obama did not vote for reducing the oil consumption by 35%, when it's one of his campaign's big sellers on his "solution to the gas crisis."

Nobody thought Iraq had nukes.

Are you kidding me?

Bush was fear-mongering and the entire Democratic party bought into it because they were too chicken shit to be seen as against national security. Hillary failed in that vote.

They aren't against national security, so why WOULD they want to be seen as chicken shit? They believe in protecting this country, unlike some people.

Forum List

Back