Why Gun Nuts Lie

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
Why Gun Nuts Lie ā€“ I Know From Experience

I live in Texas. Iā€™m a gun owner. I have a concealed handgun license. Iā€™ve taught my kids how to fire weapons.

I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. Iā€™m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.

I know enough about weapons to have a near perfect score on my firing test, to know that the ā€œcā€ in SR9c stands for ā€œcompactā€ to make the weapon easier to hide; and to know that the AR in AR-15 doesnā€™t stand for ā€˜Assault Rifle,ā€™ but ā€˜Armaliteā€™ after the original company who made the gun.

Am I a gun nut? Maybe. But I like to keep myself skeptical and informed. And that includes realizing when Iā€™m being illogically influenced by my culture, and taking necessary steps to correct it.

Finally! Common sense.

Guns are objects. Objects are neither moral nor amoral. Many objects in the wrong hands can be harmful. The anti-gun crowd believes bad people can be prevented from doing bad things, but in a free society they can not. Short of running the country like a prison where every potential weapon is eliminated, bad people will do bad things.

I live in Texas. Iā€™m a gun owner. I have a concealed handgun license. Iā€™ve taught my kids how to fire weapons.

I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. Iā€™m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.

I know enough about weapons to have a near perfect score on my firing test, to know that the ā€œcā€ in SR9c stands for ā€œcompactā€ to make the weapon easier to hide; and to know that the AR in AR-15 doesnā€™t stand for ā€˜Assault Rifle,ā€™ but ā€˜Armaliteā€™ after the original company who made the gun.

Am I a gun nut? Maybe. But I like to keep myself skeptical and informed. And that includes realizing when Iā€™m being illogically influenced by my culture, and taking necessary steps to correct it.

Finally! Common sense.

Where was the lie? There are numerous reasons to own an AR if you want one. If society collapses it will be a free for all, Katrina serves as an excellent example.

And if you know how many guns you have, you're not a gun nut.

Well one thing is true

I do not need an AR 15 because my Mini 14 for all intents and purposes is the exact same gun

Guns are objects. Objects are neither moral nor amoral. Many objects in the wrong hands can be harmful. The anti-gun crowd believes bad people can be prevented from doing bad things, but in a free society they can not. Short of running the country like a prison where every potential weapon is eliminated, bad people will do bad things.
They do bad things in prisons, too--they make weapons out of the damnedest stuff. Anyway, it is true controlling gun ownership will not stop people from doing bad things. But my theory is that if a nut job did not have access to a gun and he wanted to commit murder and mayhem, he might be reduced to what was around. Like a knife. Picture how many people the Uber driver or the Planned Parenthood shooter or thugs in Chicago everyday would manage to kill armed with a knife. Guns let you kill from a safe and easy distance. Murder without messing up your shoes. No chance of getting kicked or punched or hurt yourself. Most people who advocate gun control think along those lines.

They do bad things in prisons, too--they make weapons out of the damnedest stuff. Anyway, it is true controlling gun ownership will not stop people from doing bad things. But my theory is that if a nut job did not have access to a gun and he wanted to commit murder and mayhem, he might be reduced to what was around. Like a knife. Picture how many people the Uber driver or the Planned Parenthood shooter or thugs in Chicago everyday would manage to kill armed with a knife. Guns let you kill from a safe and easy distance. Murder without messing up your shoes. No chance of getting kicked or punched or hurt yourself. Most people who advocate gun control think along those lines.
While they are engaged in the rare activity of thinking ask them why the guns weren't a problem before.

Cars are objects. Objects are neither moral nor amoral. Many objects in the wrong hands can be harmful. The anti-car crowd believes bad people can be prevented from doing bad things, but in a free society they can not. Short of running the country like a prison where every potential weapon is eliminated, bad people will do bad things.

There, fixed it for you.

Oh wait ... Cars have other uses and they're licensed and regulated.

Preventing legal gun owners the right to own those guns will not prevent some nutcase from getting a gun and killing people, a truth idiots on the left refuse to acknowledge.

Preventing legal gun owners the right to own those guns will not prevent some nutcase from getting a gun and killing people, a truth idiots on the left refuse to acknowledge.
Most crazy shooters, like the Planned Parenthood shooter and the kid who shot up the sidewalks in that college town a few years ago, would not go to that effort. Terrorists, yes. The thugs in Chicago--most of those guns are illegal anyway. Why is that, BTW? Why can't our law enforcement put a huge dent in the illegal trafficking of guns? Where in hell are they coming from? Who is getting rich and why are we letting them?

Most crazy shooters, like the Planned Parenthood shooter and the kid who shot up the sidewalks in that college town a few years ago, would not go to that effort. Terrorists, yes. The thugs in Chicago--most of those guns are illegal anyway. Why is that, BTW? Why can't our law enforcement put a huge dent in the illegal trafficking of guns? Where in hell are they coming from? Who is getting rich and why are we letting them?

Most crazy shooters, like the Planned Parenthood shooter and the kid who shot up the sidewalks in that college town a few years ago, would not go to that effort

What makes you believe that?

The thugs in Chicago getting their guns illegally just proves my point. Thank you;) law Enforcement is doing their best, problem is pussy courts being too kind to them.

Finally! Common sense.

You're one of those that equates you agreeing with it being common sense.

So someone killed by a nut with a knife is OK with you as long as it's done up close and not "from a safe and easy distance"?

I had one stolen from my LOCKED vehicle sitting on PRIVATE PROPERTY a few years ago. I have yet to get one of the gun haters to tell me what kind of background check was going to be done on that person and who was going to do it.

Cars are objects. Objects are neither moral nor amoral. Many objects in the wrong hands can be harmful. The anti-car crowd believes bad people can be prevented from doing bad things, but in a free society they can not. Short of running the country like a prison where every potential weapon is eliminated, bad people will do bad things.

There, fixed it for you.

Can you explain to me how someone killed by a nut in a car is less dead than someone killed by a nut with a gun? Wait, they aren't so you focus on intent of the object rather than the end result and the ones that matter.

Finally! Common sense.

Another gun grabber pretending to like guns......wow...color me shocked.....

Except in France....where all rifles with detachable magazines...including this articles M16 and AR-15....and AK-47s.......all of them completely illegal in France and completely inaccessible to normal, law abiding French citizens...there are no gun shows to buy them at, there are no gun stores to buy them at, you can't own them you can't sell them...they are completely illegal....

And terrorists on actual, honest to goodness French terrorist watch lists, got fully automatic rifles easily.......and murdered 140 people.....

And French criminals.....get fully automatic rifles easily.......

Your theory....doesn't work.......

And you show why we don't respect people who advocate gun control....they think like children....

There, fixed it for you.

8,000,000 rifles with detachable magazines. 5,000,000 AR-15s in private hands.....
1 or 2 a year are used to murder people........

in 34 years there have been 149 murders with rifles with detachable magazines........

34 years, 149 deaths.

With 8,000,000 of these rifles in private hands...

Only a dipshit like you would look at that and not realize that those guns are already being used for just about everything but crime......competition, collecting, hunting, self defense.......

They have other uses......you just don't care...

guns are highly regulated.....as are felons......

I have posted why over and over.....prosecutors and judges do not sentence felons caught with guns to more than a few years in jail...and they do not go after the family members buying guns for gang members.....sending the grandmother of a gang banger to prison doesn't advance their career.....

Forum List

Back