Why Europe?

Dear emilynghiem , what happened to Esperanto? That supposed to be the world language when it was created. (not that I miss any of it, I have never learned it)

This language still has its following. I would compare it to how some people learn Sign Language
because of its beauty.

I am more fascinated with the poetry of English and how this makes a difference
with written laws. The Bill of Rights are written rather poetically and we seem to have lost that old style.
The closest I have seen passed in modern times is the Code of Ethics for Govt Service.

When I read the simplicity of these laws, I can envision all people learning them
so we have a united, educated America who can participate equally in law enforcement
and be equally empowered to share responsibility for govt.

I don't know if these laws will translate as poetically into Esperanto, but I'd like to try.
I am more concerned with translating into Spanish and Chinese.

As for religions as languages, I would like to see a consensus among
Jews Christians and Muslims on law, as well as Constitutionalists atheists
and Buddhists who use natural laws. Whatever language that takes to
move to the center and be on the same page, I say go for it!

Dear Unkotare I have special respect for the Chinese healing
arts and medicine where it comes to the life spirit; it has been
said that western medicine studies dead bodies but the eastern
focuses on life.

Many aspects of Chinese culture and traditions are "taken for granted"
or ignored until these are studied by western science, tested and
documented, and then are fed through the media to the masses.

Perhaps where these traditions agree, on what works naturally,
more people can benefit from this knowledge being documented.

One thing that has not been tried yet:
What if we did the opposite, and took the Christian
healing methods and the Chinese and Asian nations
were to study these and implement them through their culture and govt.

Would these work or fail? In the US these methods remain free
choice and work on a voluntary basis. Because the
spiritual healing is based on forgiveness, this cannot
be forced on people or it fails. The false types of faith
healing fail because they try to force change from the outside and not really
helping people commit to change on the inside by forgiving and letting go.

I'd like to see what would happen if US and Chinese medical
researchers studied these methods of spiritual healing.
Is it unique to culture or can all groups benefit.

Sources are posted at freespiritualhealing

Dear emilynghiem , what happened to Esperanto? That supposed to be the world language when it was created. (not that I miss any of it, I have never learned it)

This language still has its following. I would compare it to how some people learn Sign Language
because of its beauty.

with written laws. The Bill of Rights are written rather poetically and we seem to have lost that old style.
The closest I have seen passed in modern times is the Code of Ethics for Govt Service.

When I read the simplicity of these laws, I can envision all people learning them
so we have a united, educated America who can participate equally in law enforcement

I don't know if these laws will translate as poetically into Esperanto, but I'd like to try.

Dear Emily,
Thank you. I agree with your assessment abut the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Unfortunately, they are not taught in schools and the dumbed down population has no idea why, how and what principles the country was founded upon. The language of those documents need no interpretation but our courts acting like legislatures do interpret them thus bastardize them.

because of its beauty.

Dear Emily,
Thank you. I agree with your assessment abut the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Unfortunately, they are not taught in schools and the dumbed down population has no idea why, how and what principles the country was founded upon. The language of those documents need no interpretation but our courts acting like legislatures do interpret them thus bastardize them.

Dear defcon one of the Libertarian resources I respect the most, Jon Roland of the Constitutional Center in Austin just mirrored his whole website so we can work together on Constitutional education, outreach, education AND setting up a grievance process for federal review and also Grand Jury type approach for checking govt abuses and complaints.

Would you like to join and help?
He can't find as many Libertarians to do the work instead of bitching about govt in private and doing nothing.

My friends with the Greens are in the same boat, with a few willing to do the work, and the rest following like sheep.

I am thinking we need 2-3 dedicated "Senators" from each state to represent the different parties,
and we could pull together a group to write out a process in the same spirit as the Bill of Rights
and Code of Ethics. Very simple and accessible to everyone.

Jon Roland has written out extensively, but may go over people's heads.

I am willing to start with what we have, get everyone caught up to at least
middle school to high school level. And then we can try the upper levels after that.

Let me know where you are, what groups you connect with, PM me if you have ideas.
Or start a new thread if you want. I will follow whatever leads are out there,
and put these roads together to map out all the ground we can possibly cover.

All parties will be included by the time we map this all out. So we can start anywhere
and it will still be important to the whole. Thanks defcon More power to you!

because of its beauty.

Dear Emily,

Dear defcon one of the Libertarian resources I respect the most, Jon Roland of the Constitutional Center in Austin just mirrored his whole website so we can work together on Constitutional education, outreach, education AND setting up a grievance process for federal review and also Grand Jury type approach for checking govt abuses and complaints.

Would you like to join and help?
He can't find as many Libertarians to do the work instead of bitching about govt in private and doing nothing.

My friends with the Greens are in the same boat, with a few willing to do the work, and the rest following like sheep.

I am thinking we need 2-3 dedicated "Senators" from each state to represent the different parties,
and we could pull together a group to write out a process in the same spirit as the Bill of Rights
and Code of Ethics. Very simple and accessible to everyone.

Jon Roland has written out extensively, but may go over people's heads.

I am willing to start with what we have, get everyone caught up to at least
middle school to high school level. And then we can try the upper levels after that.

Let me know where you are, what groups you connect with, PM me if you have ideas.
Or start a new thread if you want. I will follow whatever leads are out there,
and put these roads together to map out all the ground we can possibly cover.

All parties will be included by the time we map this all out. So we can start anywhere
and it will still be important to the whole. Thanks defcon More power to you!
Thanks Emily! It is a great idea. Since I am not about to reveal any personal info here even in PM you need to give me a website with an option to join and do the work. I would be willing to do my part in this important undertaking. I know Hillsdale College tries to educate our Congress people by giving them seminars on the Constitution. FEE is publishing great literature concerning these matters. These institutions are not fringe groups and I am stating that before some looneys try to discredit them or me.

When the brilliant Founding Fathers risked their lives and fortunes and created a system of government by the people in the late 18th century and called it the United States of America it changed the dynamics of civilization forever. Europe was still dominated by tribes and inbred kingdoms and petty fiefdoms up to the 20th century. WW1 was nothing but tribal warfare as usual in Europe and president Wilson should have stayed out of it if he was in his right mind.

because of its beauty.

Dear Emily,

Wow. Who told you that the Constitution isn't taught in schools?

It could be argued that the Black Death itself led Europe to global dominance.

because of its beauty.

Dear Emily,

My kids were not taught the Constitution in school. Maybe it differs from school district to school district. Calm down.

because of its beauty.

Dear Emily,

My kids were not taught the Constitution in school. Maybe it differs from school district to school district. Calm down.

I'm quite calm, thanks. I find it hard to believe that your kids were never taught about the Constitution at all. Seems criminal.

It could be argued that the Black Death itself led Europe to global dominance.

Or on a somewhat larger scale, perhaps it would be better to say that pathogens propelled Europe to global dominance.

It could be said that Europe's alleged "global dominance" was a myth. When the the tribal warfare seemed settled for a while the coastal Europeans dabbled in piracy and slavery. It took the effort of the fledgling United States to keep the freaking world from imploding in the late 19th and the entire 20th century.

There are many theories as to why a continent full of bloodthirsty, inbred, filthy savages should emerge from the so-called 'Dark Ages' and become the dominant region of the world for a long time. Just wondering which one y'all find most compelling. It's a fascinating historical question, in any case.

1. Your statement is racist and ignorant.

2. Militarily Europe embraced the concept of closing with the enemy and risking death in order to achieve victory.

3. A rural based political culture, ie feudalism decentralized decision making and moved it closer to the actual productive work, the vast majority of which was rural agriculture.

2. Militarily Europe embraced the concept of closing with the enemy and risking death in order to achieve victory.......

You're contradicting the influence of firearms.

There are many theories as to why a continent full of bloodthirsty, inbred, filthy savages should emerge from the so-called 'Dark Ages' and become the dominant region of the world for a long time. Just wondering which one y'all find most compelling. It's a fascinating historical question, in any case.

2. Militarily Europe embraced the concept of closing with the enemy and risking death in order to achieve victory.

3. A rural based political culture, ie feudalism ....

That's not what feudalism means.

2. Militarily Europe embraced the concept of closing with the enemy and risking death in order to achieve victory.......

You're contradicting the influence of firearms.

Nope. Even with firearms the willingness to expose one self to certain danger in the pursuit of victory is an inhuman but effective idea.

It requires extensive cultural and social conditioning to overcome natural survival instinct.

NORMAL ancient conflict was more what we Western Minds think of as Non-conventional warfare, raids, terrorism, guerrilla tactics, hit and run tactics, ect..

3. A rural based political culture, ie feudalism ....

That's not what feudalism means.

I wasn't explain what Feudalism means, I was describing the aspect of it that made it more effective than other ancient cultures that were left behind, imo.

Forum List

Back