Why doesn't the US just lower the cost of medical treatment to the price the rest of the world pays

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Wouldn't that solve so many more problems?
I get that technical answer is political corruption and companies trying to make a profit. Still, some reform on the cost level instead of the insurance level seems like it would make more sense if the benefit of the people is considered instead of the benefit of the companies.
cartoon.jpg

I get that technical answer is political corruption and companies trying to make a profit. Still, some reform on the cost level instead of the insurance level seems like it would make more sense if the benefit of the people is considered instead of the benefit of the companies.
cartoon.jpg

Lower the cost to zero. What could go wrong?

cartoon.jpg

Well, it seems to work pretty well for most of the first world...

cartoon.jpg
Hi Donald Polish
many people blame the monopoly of the legal professional on raising the costs due to fear of malpractice lawsuits that people cannot afford.

I point to the expenses of the prison system, where billions of dollars go into unchecked mental health and other costs without accountability to taxpayers to pay back any of these costs from the people incurring them.

so if you start charging people who commit crimes for these costs, and paying back the public for all the restitution and damages, that could be used to fund medical facilities and use our tax resources to provide health care for the law abiding population instead of blowing our budgets on crimes that send people to the hospital and cost 50,000 a year per person for incarceration. Look at whole private schools do at 5,000-6,000 per person. why can't a prison correction program cost 10,000-20,000 and educate/train inmates with work skills to pay that money back like a student loan or work-study program.

cartoon.jpg
Hi Donald Polish I agree the nonprofits are more cost effective:
look up MediShares, Doctors Without Borders, Americares.
why not set up Vet facilities and teaching hospitals
that combine medical education and internships with public health services.
I am trying to develop a pilot program to use as a national test model:
http www.houstonprogressive.org
Earned Amnesty

I would recommend spiritual healing to reduce costs
save lives and resourcs to serve more people;
and mediation and nonprofit fundraising instead of expensive lawsuits
that can bankrupt a practice if something goes wrong.

Why doesn't the US just lower the cost of medical treatment to the price the rest of the world pays
While we are at it, let's lower the amount we invest in research and development of new treatments to what the rest of the world does.
Oh, while we are lowering the cost of medical treatment we can also just magically lower the cost of land/housing, food, fuel and wages like most of the third world economies.
It makes lots of sense...................If yer an idiot.

cartoon.jpg

The rest of the first world has zero cost medical treatment? Cool.
Can you explain how they do it?

cartoon.jpg

No follow up to your claim?

Forum List

Back