Why doesn't the DOJ Civil Rights Division defend the 2nd?

WTF?
Ignore the fact?
The people IN the militia.
That's why they included "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"........ FIRST.
if the founders did not mean what they said, why did they sign it? i expect them to say that in the founders time "well regulated" was a euphemism for daily defecation.

can you?

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[32]"
it states the right of the people.
not the right of the militia,
The exact right.
not the right of the people IN the militia.

the PEOPLE.
WTF?
YES, the people in the militia.

Women couldn't own guns.
Black people couldn't own guns.
Catholics couldn't own guns.

More up to date............

Alabama bill would make it a state crime for undocumented ...​

1713021688625.png
Alabama Reflector
https://alabamareflector.com › 2023/03/13 › alabama-bi...

Mar 13, 2023 — “Mainly to bring a couple of things together under state law that is already being illegal under federal law for many, many years,” Bolton said ...

An Alabama House legislator has filed a bill that would make it a state crime for an immigrant in the country illegally to possess a firearm.

HB 64, sponsored by Rep. Ron Bolton, R-Northport, would make it a Class C felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison, for immigrants living in the country without permission to possess a firearm.

“Mainly to bring a couple of things together under state law that is already being illegal under federal law for many, many years,” Bolton said when describing his bill.

Bolton said the proposed bill would align state law with federal law that bars those in the country unlawfully from possessing firearms.

if the founders did not mean w
if the founders did not mean what they said, why did they sign it?

hat they said, why did they sign it? i expect them to say that in the founders time "well regulated" was a euphemism for daily defecation.
thanks for making my point. (smokin OP is going to hate you.)

if they only meant for the militia to keep and bear arms, they would have written the amendment to state that. Instead, they wrote the amendment to give the right to the people. Not just the militia.

The exact right.

WTF?
YES, the people in the militia.

Women couldn't own guns.
Black people couldn't own guns.
Catholics couldn't own guns.

More up to date............

Alabama bill would make it a state crime for undocumented ...

View attachment 931504
Alabama Reflector
https://alabamareflector.com › 2023/03/13 › alabama-bi...
Mar 13, 2023 — “Mainly to bring a couple of things together under state law that is already being illegal under federal law for many, many years,” Bolton said ...

An Alabama House legislator has filed a bill that would make it a state crime for an immigrant in the country illegally to possess a firearm.

HB 64, sponsored by Rep. Ron Bolton, R-Northport, would make it a Class C felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison, for immigrants living in the country without permission to possess a firearm.

“Mainly to bring a couple of things together under state law that is already being illegal under federal law for many, many years,” Bolton said when describing his bill.

Bolton said the proposed bill would align state law with federal law that bars those in the country unlawfully from possessing firearms.
in fairness, the immigrants with weapons are probably the few gangsters generally referred to as '"cartels."

they wojuld certainly be included in any "red flag" law i might propose, right along with crips the westies and la cosa nistra.

in fairness, the immigrants with weapons are probably the few gangsters generally referred to as '"cartels."

they wojuld certainly be included in any "red flag" law i might propose, right along with crips the westies and la cosa nistra.
why the hell would this damn thing turn "nostra <CR>" into a new start page? might be this weird button on this cheap azz mouse......

In all fairness in 1791, a LOT of people in America were immigrants.
Of course.

thanks for making my point. (smokin OP is going to hate you.)

if they only meant for the militia to keep and bear arms, they would have written the amendment to state that.
They did.
That's why they included "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"......... FIRST in the amendment.
Instead, they wrote the amendment to give the right to the people. Not just the militia.

They did.
That's why they included "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"......... FIRST in the amendment.
and, again, you ignore the second half.

I'm really starting to think you're either retarded, or an imbecile.

NO, I didn't MORON.
People are the makeup of groups and organizations.
THEY make them happen.

THOSE people barred women, blacks and catholics from owning guns.
When were THEY............NOT people?
You described yourself perfectly.

NO, I didn't MORON.
People are the makeup of groups and organizations.
THEY make them happen.

When were THEY............NOT people?

You described yourself perfectly

no, I described you.

shame you need to deflect to fantasies.

i don't think Smokin' OP is ignoring the second 1/2, but it seems you are ignoring the first.

the current intrerpretation of the constitution may be correct, but the founders were more practical men, who built canals and bought louisiana without actual constitutional authority.

modern type incels and such may have attended those militia drills, but it did not take washington long to call in professionals like lafayette and von steuben to help impose discipline.

i don't think Smokin' OP is ignoring the second 1/2, but it seems you are ignoring the first.
I'm not.
The amendment comes with a prerequisite.
Which is why they included it FIRST..........otherwise........why bother?

Prepositions: Definition and Examples

1704981793327.png
Grammar Monster
https://www.grammar-monster.com › lessons › preposi...
Prepositions are words that show relationships between other nearby words. Lots of prepositions tell us where or when something is in relation to something ...
the current intrerpretation of the constitution may be correct, but the founders were more practical men, who built canals and bought louisiana without actual constitutional authority.

modern type incels and such may have attended those militia drills, but it did not take washington long to call in professionals like lafayette and von steuben to help impose discipline.

but it seems you are ignoring the first.

hardly

The Founders realized they needed a militia, and they knew they would have to pull militia members from the populace.

they also realized to have a competent militia, they needed people competent with firearms. They also realized that women, boys too young for the militia, and men over the age to join the militia, had a need for self-defense.

so they gave the right to the people and didn't restrict it to people qualified to be in a militia.

According to the US Department of Justice website "The Civil Rights Division protects the civil and constitutional rights of all people in this country, enforcing the Constitution and federal laws of the United States in pursuit of our founding ideals – fundamental fairness, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all.".

So why doesn't the division litigate against states and other units of government in the defense of the 2nd amendment?

Prosecute violations of criminal statutes that prohibit specified acts of interference with federally protected rights and activities

I know:

uaIElYx.gif

joe-biden-2985655.gif

"the treatment of the Second Amendment as a disfavored right" - Justice Thomas

Dems own them. You got the C'mon Man...listen to it.
Dems want America disarmed.

weathering zir.jpg

no fantasy here

selling guns to an indian was a hanging offense.

i must look up the list of john brown's crimes, i'm sure "arming slaves" was on the list read by robt e lee's lt at the hanging. .....
i'm sure "arming slaves" was on the list read by robt e lee's lt at the hanging. .....
and all blacks in the country were slaves?

I'm not.
The amendment comes with a prerequisite.

Prepositions: Definition and Examples

1704981793327.png
Grammar Monster
https://www.grammar-monster.com › lessons › preposi...
Prepositions are words that show relationships between other nearby words. Lots of prepositions tell us where or when something is in relation to something ...
then why did they bother with the second half?

That's what the teabagger court claimed.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Why did the authors of the bill of rights include in the very first words of the amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"?

Why didn't they just write "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"?

PRECURSOR Definition & Usage Examples

View attachment 882775
Dictionary.com
https://www.dictionary.com › browse › precursors'
precursor · a person or thing that precedes, as in a job, a method, etc.; predecessor. · a person, animal, or thing that goes before and indicates the approach of ...

What part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" do you not understand?
It doesn't mean what you think it means. It means able-bodied people with proper working firearms.

well-regulate.jpg

Forum List

Back