Why does the left want to get rid of "Gone with the Wind," and other historical records?

They're not getting rid of Gone With the Wind. HBO pulled it temporarily while they write some kind of disclaimer about the inherent racism in it.

Taking statues out of town squares and putting them in museums or parks dedicated to Confederate history is fine if the town wants to do that. Putting a racial warning on a movie that depicts blacks as childish slaves who loved their masters is fine, too. That's going to be offensive to a lot of people.

Rewriting history is not okay, but what has been proposed or done so far is not erasing our history. So far, it has been in response to people who are offended by honoring the side that fought to keep slaves. But we want to keep an eye on things. I grew up hearing about how the USSR rewrote its history books, even its newspaper archives, to keep a good view of the people in power at the time. That is awful. What some people today call "revisionist history" is actually showing the minority perspective, which hadn't been before. But we need to hear both sides still. Some of it is ugly but it needs to be taught. It happened. We learn history so as not to repeat mistakes.

But that doesn't mean Confederate statues or flags need to be officially honored in town squares or on state flag poles if it offends the people.

Statues aren't history, Trump cultists, and it's dopey to pretend they are. It's easy to show that.

In Germany, they removed all the Nazi statues after WWII. Has everyone in Germany thus completely forgotten about WWII? No? How about that.

How many of you only know the Civil War existed because you saw a statue? Zero? How about that.

And nobody is censoring "Gone with the Wind". They're just correctly pointing out that it's neo-Confederate propaganda. The Trump cult just felt the need for another victimhood tantrum.

The leadership of the left sucked up the practices of the worst communist dictatorships from around the world....learned the lessons of subjugating innocent people and now they are implementing those practices here.

So...why do they go after Statues and movies and old t.v. shows....?

If they can hide the past, today looks worse than it really is.

And that is essentially it. If you compare the actual past to today...you can't hide the fact, the truth and the reality, that America is not a racist country....that racism no longer exists in meaning ful ways.......that we are a better country than we were even a mere 80 years ago.

It also hides the racist history of the democrat party.

I was listening to Andrew Klavan over at dailywire and his podcast episode from today....he pointed out that the Black woman who won the first Oscar won by a Black woman in 1940 for "Gone with the Wind," wasn't originally allowed to go to the hotel where the awards were being held. The studio head had to make some sort of deal with the hotel to allow her in...since it was the days of jim crow and segregation....

Hiding that fact is important.......because looking at America today, vs the America, and the democrat party of 1940 you can't hide the fact that we are not that racist country anymore....

So destroying those historical records is vital to the democrat party...the party of actual racism, a party that uses false accusations of racism as it's sword and shield.......
Strike while the iron is hot. They are going to go after every book, statue, movie, building, anything THEY DECIDE is offensive. I guess you could call it 'Racial Cleansing'. This is somewhat reminiscent of the Nazi book burning that happened in Germany in the 1930s.

Is this next mamooth?

Now you're threatening to destory a monument to the soldiers and sailors of the USA? Why?

The city of Indianapolis just did recently remove a Confederate Memorial. That's how it works. Traitors don't get memorials. Those who fight for the USA do.

A few people said the city couldn't do that, because the monument was federal property. The city agreed, and stated that the monument was just removed and put into storage, and the feds can have it back if they want it.

That movie was a classic.A newer version should be made.I'm thinking of having Oprah or Michelle Obama be cast as Mammy.
736129-120119-hattie-mcdaniel.jpg

Why does the left want to get rid of "Gone with the Wind," and other historical records?

Today I'm 70+.,.I watched the original film when it was in theater; a "movie"
Brings back memories full of warm thoughts

I haven't watched it since.
wish the best to all here and beyond.,.,..,..,..,.,,,,.,...,., into tomorrow
:)-

Can anyone guess/calculate what my age was when I saw the movie-?

Last edited:
Excellent. I got you to whimper and back down from your threat. Show everyone that belly.

Exactly what threat are you referencing that I made? Take your time, be meticulous in your answer dumb ass...

My bad... I should have never used a .50 cent word responding to mamooth ... She ran away again... Probably down at the Big Red Liquor Store on N Pennsylvania looting anything that is left... :afro:

Forum List

Back