why does freemasonry scare you?

Why does Freemasonry scare you?

• I am scared of it because I think it is a front for Judaism.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am scared of it because I was raised/ I am Roman Catholic.

• I am scared of it because I am a born-again Christian.

• I am scared of it because I am an athiest.

• I am scared of it because I think it promotes witchcraft.

• I am scared of it because of some of its past members, like Aleister Crowley and Albert Pike.

• I am scared of it because I think they have been behind most world wars.

• I am scared of it because in my opinion, there is no place for secrecy in the Information Age.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I like turtles.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I am not at all in any way, shape or form scared of Freemasonry.

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
Given the number of conspiracy theories about Freemasonry through the years which are again gaining momentum in this age of the global community, I just want to gauge public opinion with a poll regarding what it is exactly about The Lodge which for some reason scares people.

Given the number of conspiracy theories about Freemasonry through the years which are again gaining momentum in this age of the global community, I just want to gauge public opinion with a poll regarding what it is exactly about The Lodge which for some reason scares people.

I'm not a Mason but a member told me they used their secrecy to fight against England in the American Revolution.

Well ... I'm not really "scared" of it but I voted that there is "no place for secrecy." But I basically don't trust it based on what I've read about it and based on some of it's notorious members (mentioned by you). The bottom line for me is that it's really a non-issue in my life.

I have a pretty cool archive that chronicles my grandpa's 30+ years as a Mason in and around central Ohio, including his 'Letter of Demit' from the Scottish Rite of the Valley of Columbus. Even though I never spoke to him about it (he died when I was young), I respect his decision to leave the Lodge and I'm confident that he must have had good reason to do so.

I also inherited his ring, a miniature lamb-skin presentation apron that I carry in my wallet to this day, and a few other artifacts.

Having done quite a bit of reading from the works of critics and proponents of Freemasonry, I see no reason to fear it.

People (quite correctly, in my opinion) distrust secret societies.

Personally, I think the Masons are no threat.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE[/ame]

As a Freemason, I don't get why anyone would need to feel threatened or scared of the Fraternity. We don't exist to scare anyone nor is there anything to be scared of.

I just can't believe how few turtle lovers there are amongst us here.
LOL Haters are gonna hate.

Well ... I'm not really "scared" of it but I voted that there is "no place for secrecy."
Well secrecy is synonymous with privacy and as a private organization they are entitled, as any human is, to privacy.

But I basically don't trust it based on what I've read about it...
Don't believe everything you read.

I have a pretty cool archive that chronicles my grandpa's 30+ years as a Mason in and around central Ohio, including his 'Letter of Demit' from the Scottish Rite of the Valley of Columbus. Even though I never spoke to him about it (he died when I was young), I respect his decision to leave the Lodge and I'm confident that he must have had good reason to do so.
Men demit for a variety of reasons, but if it was just from an appendant body he may not have had time to commit or any variety of reasons.

the Bible is printed and there for everyone to read.
anything that is secretive and exclusive is satanic
False.

Proverbs 12:23 - A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Proverbs 11:13 - A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

Silly men running around in funny clothes
HEY! I resemble that remark!!! LOL

Ksig I have two questions.
1.how long did it take you to be able to stand on one leg?
2.with it being an all male gathering, do you ever get any improper thoughts?

the Bible is printed and there for everyone to read.
anything that is secretive and exclusive is satanic

False.

Proverbs 12:23 - A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Indeed. A wise man doesn't reveal his greatest strength, because he knows it is better to be underestimated.

KSigMason said:
Matthew 6:6 - But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

And look at the source of that quote about secrecy.

It durned tootin' wasn't Aleister Crowley, that's for sure.

KSigMason said:
Proverbs 11:13 - A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

The source of this one presents more of a conundrum than the last one.

I hafta admit that there are some things about Solomon that bother me. In particular, his necromancy, and his having followed after false gods.

I'm not sure if any of this book can truly be attributed to him, though:

The Lesser Key of Solomon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you read it, KSigMason?

Ksig I have two questions.
1.how long did it take you to be able to stand on one leg?
2.with it being an all male gathering, do you ever get any improper thoughts?
1. Not long at all.

2. I have improper thoughts all the time, but its not because I'm in the Masons. :D

I'm not sure if any of this book can truly be attributed to him, though:

The Lesser Key of Solomon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you read it, KSigMason?
I have.

Forum List

Back